Arshia

Anyone heard of this?

23 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Fall2021 said:

Yeah if the embassy knows you are around ; you may be then called for an interview as well. Then a stokes interview could be potentially done and if there are any discrepancies then it could lead to a denial of the visa. Remain in the US. You do not know if the case will be put in AP and the you won’t be able to come back with him or her anyway. 

Yeah that’s probably why she advised me just to avoid all the unnecessary hassle that might come with my visit. The way you put it makes way more sense. Thanks! 

3 hours ago, Arshia said:

just want to visit during that time and then come back together to U.S

Perhaps not a practical plan.  Might want to read up on Pakistan and extended AP....

3 hours ago, Arshia said:

She wasn’t clear on this at all so I’m left pondering what does that mean, my husband is not planning on doing anything out of way nor should that have a bearing on me? 

Just ask her to clarify it.  

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, Arshia said:

Of course, he’s not planning on doing anything its just what my lawyer stated its better for me to be in U.S. at the time of his interview. She said the same thing during my sister’s husband’s interview and she had to come back before he had his interview but I don’t get this at all!

Your lawyer is wrong.  You must enter the US before or with your spouse once they have the visa.  The visa will be in hand long after any successful interview in Islamabad.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 3:33 AM, Arshia said:

My lawyer told me that since U.S. is my country of residency, at the time of my husband’s interview (which will be in Islamabad), I cannot be in the same country and I have to be in the U.S. until after the interview so there is no liability on me in case he does something, Is there such a law or precaution?? And is it mandatory?!

Also, anyone who is a U.S. citizen have their spouse in pakistan being interviewed and was there with them at the time and got the visa or was in Pakistan during interview? So I know from experience if it will be okay. So confused!

From what I heard, if Husband is there is Pak, they will ask what is he doing here & why isn't he is USA.  Old days, husband & wife will goto interview together. Now, they have stopped people from entering embassy. On applicant go for interview. my brother recently went, they didn't him to enter but domicile question never came up or where is the husband. I guess, since interview happened after 3 yrs of processing time. so marriage was legit.

best to avoid being there.

2 minutes ago, stech786 said:

From what I heard, if Husband is there is Pak, they will ask what is he doing here & why isn't he is USA.  Old days, husband & wife will goto interview together. Now, they have stopped people from entering embassy. On applicant go for interview. my brother recently went, they didn't him to enter but domicile question never came up or where is the husband. I guess, since interview happened after 3 yrs of processing time. so marriage was legit.

best to avoid being there.

Actually my situation is I am a US citizen petitioning my husband. He lives in Dubai so I lived with him for a few months after we got married and then came back to US because of what I mentioned since his interview will be coming. It’s not so much I want to go to the embassy with him but to go to Pakistan and live there with him during and after the interview then come to US together. is that not possible or a good idea?

1 hour ago, Arshia said:

Actually my situation is I am a US citizen petitioning my husband. He lives in Dubai so I lived with him for a few months after we got married and then came back to US because of what I mentioned since his interview will be coming. It’s not so much I want to go to the embassy with him but to go to Pakistan and live there with him during and after the interview then come to US together. is that not possible or a good idea?

If he lives in Dubai, shouldn’t the interview be in Dubai?

since now you mentioned he live in Dubai and you want to be in Pak (few months already with him) and planning for more time together. This shows your domicile in US weak. Best to wait for after interview 

They will know you are in Pak when they scanned your passport at airport in US and Pak.

12 minutes ago, stech786 said:

If he lives in Dubai, shouldn’t the interview be in Dubai?

since now you mentioned he live in Dubai and you want to be in Pak (few months already with him) and planning for more time together. This shows your domicile in US weak. Best to wait for after interview 

They will know you are in Pak when they scanned your passport at airport in US and Pak.

Yes, our lawyer put in the request to be in Dubai but his status there is just as a resident. His country of nationality is Pakistan so most likely will be there. 

that’s true! But since I’m back in the US now since december, will my domicile be cause for concern?? Thanks so much for your input, this helps me alot!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.