Orangesapples

Trump Still Doesn't Know Who Pays Tariffs

13 posts in this topic

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnbrinkley/2019/08/12/trump-still-doesnt-know-who-pays-tariffs/amp/

Let’s get something straight: importers pay tariffs, not exporters.

If you want to import a bunch of Toyota Camrys from Japan, you’re on the hook for the 2.5% U.S. tariff on them. If someone in the European Union wants to import a bunch of Jeep Cherokees from the United States, he or she pays the EU 10% tariff.

President Trump, who has made trade policy one of his top priorities, still doesn’t know this after two-and-a-half years in office. He thinks the Chinese are paying the 25% tariffs he imposed last year on $250 billion worth of their imports. He keeps ballyhooing the tariff income pouring into the Treasury and gleefully claims it’s all coming from China.

So much for his great business acumen and competence... 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-ending-surprise-medical-billing/

So our country can take in $120 billion a year in tariffs, paid for mostly by China, by the way, not by us.  A lot of people try and steer it in a different direction.  It’s really paid — ultimately, it’s pad for by — largely, by China.  And businesses will pour back into our country.  So instead of making the product, it’ll be old fashion way, the way we used to do it.  We made our own product.

That's what the business genius said! He doesn't even have a clue on how tariffs work. 

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-ending-surprise-medical-billing/

So our country can take in $120 billion a year in tariffs, paid for mostly by China, by the way, not by us.  A lot of people try and steer it in a different direction.  It’s really paid — ultimately, it’s pad for by — largely, by China.  And businesses will pour back into our country.  So instead of making the product, it’ll be old fashion way, the way we used to do it.  We made our own product.

That's what the business genius said! He doesn't even have a clue on how tariffs work. 

Very stable business genius

Timeline
1 minute ago, Orangesapples said:

Where are the Trump fans defending him? 

They are busy tracking Dem primary politics, they want to make sure no racists are going to make it through.

Filed: Timeline
10 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

Where are the Trump fans defending him? 

What is there to defend?  Some "journalist" (or whatever the term is nowadays) wrote an opinion piece about Trump.  Everyone has an opinion.  Personally, I feel certain that Trump understands tariffs much better than the writer of the article does.  But does that really matter?  He's your president, and my president, for a minimum of 11 months and a maximum of 59 months.  We could certainly do a lot worse as a country.

Edited by ALFKAD

4 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

What is there to defend?  Some "journalist" (or whatever the term is nowadays) wrote an opinion piece about Trump.  Everyone has an opinion.  Personally, I feel certain that Trump understands tariffs much better than the writer of the article does.  But does that really matter?  He's your president, and my president, for a minimum of 11 months and a maximum of 59 months.  We could certainly do a lot worse as a country.

Trump has said on Twitter that China pays the tariffs. Anyone who knows anything about trade (including Google) can tell you that's not how tariffs work. 

Not disappointed by the devotion though. Long live the dear leader! Let Him inspire us every day and have us start each day with a smile! 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

Trump has said on Twitter that China pays the tariffs. Anyone who knows anything about trade (including Google) can tell you that's not how tariffs work. 

Not disappointed by the devotion though. Long live the dear leader! Let Him inspire us every day and have us start each day with a smile! 

A bigley smile!

Filed: Timeline
40 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

If you consider me “devoted” to Trump, you have lots to learn.  Trump knows far more about business than I do, so I shall withhold judgment for now.  Let’s see what shakes out, eh?

4 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

If you consider me “devoted” to Trump, you have lots to learn.  Trump knows far more about business than I do, so I shall withhold judgment for now.  Let’s see what shakes out, eh?

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/tariff.asp

https://mobile.twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1125069835044573186?lang=bg

Judge for yourself