Pixelx

AOS interview - how much evidence?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

HI, I've been married since June 2019, and my interview is 28 feb; my EAD only arriving early march :( Im in the same boat as you - not much evidence of marriage besides photos and a costco card, and my being added to health ins. 

Thinking of you, feel free to message if you'd like. 

In a similar boat as well. I just checked my husbands case status yesterday and noticed that it was updated to "interview scheduled", and as excited as I am that things are moving quickly for us, I'm scared as hell too because I don't feel like we've got a lot of evidence. He arrived in September and we got married in November. We don't have our own house and we don't rent, so nothing like that or utility bills with our names on them. We're on separate phone plans because I'm using an old grandfathered prepaid plan that I'd lose if I switched. I'm still on my mothers car insurance since we live with her, my husband doesn't want to get a car until he has a job and we only just learned the EAD card is on it's way. We never went on a honeymoon or any trip because we were too preoccupied with getting the AOS package together and are homebodies usually anyway. All we have I think is our joint savings/checking account, him being an authorized user on my credit card account, him being on my health insurance, and that we just filed our taxes jointly. The only mail that has both our names on it is from the Bank with our joint account. Hope that's enough to make them convinced. Still don't know when our interview is and how much time we have to prepare. Was thinking about getting my own car insurance finally with my husband when he's ready to get a car.

Edited by H&G

On 2/17/2020 at 5:18 AM, IsabelleFredrick said:

HI, I've been married since June 2019, and my interview is 28 feb; my EAD only arriving early march :( Im in the same boat as you - not much evidence of marriage besides photos and a costco card, and my being added to health ins. 

Thinking of you, feel free to message if you'd like. 

I just had our interview today and they only asked for proof of insurance, proof of joint bank account, photographs and our rings. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
8 hours ago, Zach2015 said:

I just had our interview today and they only asked for proof of insurance, proof of joint bank account, photographs and our rings. 

Did they ask for ring receipts? Or just to see them? 
Today I got proof of medical insurance on my hubby's work one, a printout of the fact that I was added to his account today, and a gym membership printout, so holding thumbs :)

2 hours ago, IsabelleFredrick said:

Did they ask for ring receipts? Or just to see them? 
Today I got proof of medical insurance on my hubby's work one, a printout of the fact that I was added to his account today, and a gym membership printout, so holding thumbs :)

Nope, just wanted to see the rings. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.