BerhaeLee

NVC Expedite Feb 2020

64 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My husband and I are on NVC stage. I sent all document last month January 28th and now, I decided to expedite our case due to medical reasons. How long do they typically respond? I was told I will get a response after a week. Is it true? Thanks!

This is my visa journey if this helps:

Oct 15, 2018 - PD

June 12, 2019 - Upgraded to CR1

Sept 2019 - RFE sent

Nov 14, 2019 - USCIS approval

Nov 27, 2019 - NVC received our case

Jan 1, 2020 - WL, paid fees

Jan 28, 2020 - AOS and IV package sent

2/7/2020 - send NVC expedite.. waiting for approval

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Jan. 27, 2020 - We sent our Expedited email

Jan. 31, 2020 - NVC says its under review

Feb. 5, 2020 - NVC accepted our Expedited request

Feb. 5, 2020 - MANILA EMBASSY approved our Request to Expedite

Feb 6, 2020 - Currently our case is in Manila Embassy for review.

That's it for right now. Once your request to expedite gets approved, it will be very fast!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
2 hours ago, billydimagiba said:

That's it for right now. Once your request to expedite gets approved, it will be very fast!

What was your reasoning for Expediting?

We've been waiting after an RFE since Jan. 3, 2020 for them to accept our revised evidence. We're getting desperate here.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Evajandra said:

We've been waiting after an RFE since Jan. 3, 2020 for them to accept our revised evidence. We're getting desperate here.

My Mom (Petitioner) is 77 years old and has medical problems. Her husband just died Oct. Of last year. And we’ve sent all proof of medical documents including Doctor’s letter and death certificate as the attachment of our Request to expedite process!

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Evajandra said:

Wait 2-3 days of their respond! Like I said, Once it gets approved, it will sky rocket fast.

On 2/7/2020 at 11:10 AM, BerhaeLee said:

My husband and I are on NVC stage. I sent all document last month January 28th and now, I decided to expedite our case due to medical reasons. How long do they typically respond? I was told I will get a response after a week. Is it true? Thanks!

This is my visa journey if this helps:

Oct 15, 2018 - PD

June 12, 2019 - Upgraded to CR1

Sept 2019 - RFE sent

Nov 14, 2019 - USCIS approval

Nov 27, 2019 - NVC received our case

Jan 1, 2020 - WL, paid fees

Jan 28, 2020 - AOS and IV package sent

2/7/2020 - send NVC expedite.. waiting for approval

Hey, my PD is also 15th October, 2018. I got approved on 29th November 2019. Still waiting for NVC update. How did you contact NVC after case approval?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kamran_Piash said:

Hey, my PD is also 15th October, 2018. I got approved on 29th November 2019. Still waiting for NVC update. How did you contact NVC after case approval?

I called them and its like an hour wait before I was able to talk to someone. 

Timeline
20 hours ago, billydimagiba said:

So US embassy Manila still need to approve the expedite request? 

Timeline
23 hours ago, BerhaeLee said:

So US embassy Manila still need to approve the expedite request? 

Yes. It was the same day NVC accepted our  Expedited request!

4 hours ago, billydimagiba said:

Yes. It was the same day NVC accepted our  Expedited request!

Lucky, congrats!

I haven't sent the expedited request. My story is that I upgraded my petition with USCIS when I became USC. Now, I am waiting for IL and my VISA class is C21. when it should be IR-1. I feel like this is an error on NVC side. My local congress office contacted them to fix & expedite the case. Idk if this is same expiedite request you sent or sending NVCExpedite email.

@BerhaeLee Did you upgrade to CR-1 with USCIS or NVC? if with NVC, how?

you send the more evidence on Jan 3 and Feb 7 expedite request? what was that more evidence for? was it to get document qualified? (if so, its 30 days wait)

Timeline
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 11:20 AM, stech786 said:

Lucky, congrats!

I haven't sent the expedited request. My story is that I upgraded my petition with USCIS when I became USC. Now, I am waiting for IL and my VISA class is C21. when it should be IR-1. I feel like this is an error on NVC side. My local congress office contacted them to fix & expedite the case. Idk if this is same expiedite request you sent or sending NVCExpedite email.

@BerhaeLee Did you upgrade to CR-1 with USCIS or NVC? if with NVC, how?

you send the more evidence on Jan 3 and Feb 7 expedite request? what was that more evidence for? was it to get document qualified? (if so, its 30 days wait)

I upgraded to CR1 with USCIS. Now that we are at NVC stage, Ive sent them an expedite email due to medical reason. Ive sent them my doctor's notes and a picture of my prescription. Im still waiting for their response tho but Its been a week since the request and I only received an email stating they are reviewing my request and will notify me about the decision.

9 minutes ago, BerhaeLee said:

I upgraded to CR1 with USCIS. Now that we are at NVC stage, Ive sent them an expedite email due to medical reason. Ive sent them my doctor's notes and a picture of my prescription. Im still waiting for their response tho but Its been a week since the request and I only received an email stating they are reviewing my request and will notify me about the decision.

my status changed to CR-1 last week & also I had the same response about my expedite request. They they notify me

update me once you hear about their decision & I will do the same. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 2/17/2020 at 12:33 AM, BerhaeLee said:

Good Morning, have you heard anything back?

1/02/15 Married to a USC

2/20/15 Traveled to Mexico via air with I-131 DACA

2/23/15 Returned/Paroled to USA via air

3/11/15 Sent I-485, I-130, and I-131

3/12/15 Received by USCIS according to USPS

3/21/15 Received I-797C for all applications

3/28/15 Received Biometrics Appointment

3/30/15 Walked-In to Biometrics

6/2/15 AP Document Approved (Day 82)

9/4/15 Received Interview Notice for 10/8/2015 (Day 175)

10/08/15 Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.