areixun

Birth certificate does not contain required words?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belize
Timeline

I recently got a RFE for the beneficiary’s birth certificate that was not included initially due to our lawyers error. The RFE stated that his birth certificate needs to be translated into English, and upon reviewing it, it doesn’t contain any of the requirements listed on the RFE. It states it must contain one of the following: a legible seal, a legible stamp, a signature with a title containing the words secretary, registrar, or births and deaths. The document doesn’t have a seal, and the only stamp is not readable. When you translate it to English, the only similar wordings are “civil registration” and the signature is from the “Deputy Conservative” which it says is the appropriate issuing authority on https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Angola.html.  Is this an issue? How should I proceed? Is a certified translation enough or does it have to be notarized as well? 

The RFE also stated that the petitioner does not make enough, and to send “evidence from a qualifying joint sponsor.” It requests a complete I-864, with all pages with the same revision date? Do I submit the I-864 from the new joint sponsor only, or do I have to submit a revised copy of the one from the original sponsor? Also on question 1., would I check first or second joint sponsor, or only joint sponsor? Does the original petitioner count as a joint sponsor? 

I’m nervous about sending any documents since we are doing it without a lawyer this time. If there are additional errors somehow, will they send a 2nd RFE or just straight up deny the whole application? 

I know this is a ton of questions but I’d be super grateful for any advice anyone can give. 

Edited by areixun

On 2/4/2020 at 6:09 PM, areixun said:

I recently got a RFE for the beneficiary’s birth certificate that was not included initially due to our lawyers error. The RFE stated that his birth certificate needs to be translated into English, and upon reviewing it, it doesn’t contain any of the requirements listed on the RFE. It states it must contain one of the following: a legible seal, a legible stamp, a signature with a title containing the words secretary, registrar, or births and deaths. The document doesn’t have a seal, and the only stamp is not readable. When you translate it to English, the only similar wordings are “civil registration” and the signature is from the “Deputy Conservative” which it says is the appropriate issuing authority on https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Angola.html.  Is this an issue? How should I proceed? Is a certified translation enough or does it have to be notarized as well? 

The RFE also stated that the petitioner does not make enough, and to send “evidence from a qualifying joint sponsor.” It requests a complete I-864, with all pages with the same revision date? Do I submit the I-864 from the new joint sponsor only, or do I have to submit a revised copy of the one from the original sponsor? Also on question 1., would I check first or second joint sponsor, or only joint sponsor? Does the original petitioner count as a joint sponsor? 

I’m nervous about sending any documents since we are doing it without a lawyer this time. If there are additional errors somehow, will they send a 2nd RFE or just straight up deny the whole application? 

I know this is a ton of questions but I’d be super grateful for any advice anyone can give. 

Birth certificate should be translated and should have legible seal/stamp and signature of secretary/registrat of births and deaths based on your country of reciprocity

You will submit information about the new additional spnosor. they already have the information about your first sponsor.

Focus on reading the RFE and send the documents what was requested for

duh

Timeline
On 2/6/2020 at 4:39 PM, Donald120383 said:

Birth certificate should be translated and should have legible seal/stamp and signature of secretary/registrat of births and deaths based on your country of reciprocity

You will submit information about the new additional spnosor. they already have the information about your first sponsor.

Focus on reading the RFE and send the documents what was requested for

Thanks for your help! I understood the part where they were requesting the birth certificate have that specific information, but the problem I mentioned in the original post is that the official birth certificate he has is not in English and it doesn’t translate to any of the required words. But when you go to the travel.state.gov site uscis mentions on the RFE, it states the issuing authority is not registrar, secretary, or births and deaths. It also does not have a seal, and the only stamp is not legible when you photocopy it. Do you think they would accept a close up photo of the stamp that then is readable, or it has to be 100% legible on the whole photocopy? 

35 minutes ago, areixun said:

Thanks for your help! I understood the part where they were requesting the birth certificate have that specific information, but the problem I mentioned in the original post is that the official birth certificate he has is not in English and it doesn’t translate to any of the required words. But when you go to the travel.state.gov site uscis mentions on the RFE, it states the issuing authority is not registrar, secretary, or births and deaths. It also does not have a seal, and the only stamp is not legible when you photocopy it. Do you think they would accept a close up photo of the stamp that then is readable, or it has to be 100% legible on the whole photocopy? 

Your RFE is also questioning the birth certificate. it does not meet USCIS standards /DOS standards. That needs to be rectified. 

duh

Timeline

The birth certificate was not even included in the original submission because of our lawyers error. So that is why I'm trying to make sure it will be accepted when I do submit when I respond to the RFE

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
4 minutes ago, areixun said:

The birth certificate was not even included in the original submission because of our lawyers error. So that is why I'm trying to make sure it will be accepted when I do submit when I respond to the RFE

It will be accepted. The stamp doesn’t need to be completely readable. They usually fade over time and sometimes there will only be partially stamped.  Just try to make a good copy of the certificate.

For the translation, the contents of the stamp can be mentioned in the stamp section for clarification.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.