Caitlin Kennedy

Approved!

11 posts in this topic

My fiance and I got our visa approved today. Is there a new thread for approvals or is everything still on this forum? THANK YOU to everyone who answered any of my questions regarding the interview process and documentation!!

Edited by Caitlin Kennedy

Congrats.

Service Center : California Service Center on 2014-03-17Consulate : London, United KingdomI-129F Sent : 2014-03-10I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-14I-129F NOA2 : 2014-04-07NVC Received :4/21/2014NVC Left :4/23/2014Consulate Received :2014-04-29Packet 3 Received :2014-05-01Packet 3 Sent :2014-05-01Medical Complete: 2014-05-07Packet 4 Received :2014-5-31Interview Date :2014-06-06Visa Issued: 2014-06-10Visa Package Received: 2014-06-13Arrival at POE Seattle: 2014-6-13

Married 07/07/2014

AOS Timeline
AOS package mailed 08/08/2014 (Chicago Lockbox)
NOA date 8/13/2014
Biometrics done 09/14/2014
INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 10/31/2014
Approval e-mail 10/31/2014
Card production e-mail 12/27/2011
GREEN CARD ARRIVED 11/08/201

Employment Authorization Document
CIS Office : Chicago National Office
Filing Method : Mail
Filing Instance : First
Date Filed : 2014-08-04
NOA Date : 2014-08-13
RFE(s) :
Bio. Appt. : 2014-09-04
Approved Date : 2014-09-25
Date Card Received : 2014-10-03

ADVANCED Parole
CIS Office : Chicago National Office
Filing Method : Mail
Filing Instance :First
Date Filed : 2014-08-04
NOA Date : 2014-08-13
RFE(s) :
Date Received : 2014-10-03

ROC Timeline
ROC package mailed to CSC 10/13/2016
NOA1 date 10/17/2016
Biometrics date 12/8/2016

Interview: None
Card production ordered: 03/27/2018
10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED

congrats !!

I dont believe there is such a forum, but your next forum will be for adjustment of status and the progress reports for AOS

27 minutes ago, skjourney said:

congrats !!

I dont believe there is such a forum, but your next forum will be for adjustment of status and the progress reports for AOS

got it. yes, we have a little break now but need to continue researching all the to dos for that! need to book his flight and get the visa/passport back in the mail :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Caitlin Kennedy said:

My fiance and I got our visa approved today. Is there a new thread for approvals or is everything still on this forum? THANK YOU to everyone who answered any of my questions regarding the interview process and documentation!!

Congratss!! I am so happy for you!! How was the interview? Mine is next week and would love to hear a little bit about how it goes :)

Edited by SJ2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Caitlin Kennedy said:

Is there a new thread for approvals or is everything still on this forum?

Look at your timeline. Beside the interview date it says “⚠️Submit review”. Click that link, write your review, and it adds your review to your timeline and the review pages. Did you ever read the reviews by going to the menu at the top that says Office Reviews and Info?

London K1 reviews https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=United+Kingdom&cty=&dfilter=5

Edited by Wuozopo

29 minutes ago, SJ2020 said:

Congratss!! I am so happy for you!! How was the interview? Mine is next week and would love to hear a little bit about how it goes :)

I still need to talk with my fiance about the step by step, but he said he was there 25 mins and it was great. The officer complimented how well done my documents were (I sent a tracker visit and support of relationship, etc) I will put up a review of it once I speak with him in detail.

Timeline
1 hour ago, SJ2020 said:

Mine is next week and would love to hear a little bit about how it goes :)

Read lots of London reviews right here

https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=United+Kingdom&cty=&dfilter=5

1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

Look at your timeline. Beside the interview date it says “⚠️Submit review”. Click that link, write your review, and it adds your review to your timeline and the review pages. Did you ever read the reviews by going to the menu at the top that says Office Reviews and Info?

London K1 reviews https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=United+Kingdom&cty=&dfilter=5

Yes, once I talk with my fiance I can fill it in on his behalf. I am speaking of next steps AOS for people who were recently approved.

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Caitlin Kennedy said:

Yes, once I talk with my fiance I can fill it in on his behalf. I am speaking of next steps AOS for people who were recently approved.

Well once I was approved, I didn’t move for 2 months so in that time my fiancé read everything in the AOS forum every day to learn from other people’s questions and mistakes. She filled out the forms, gathered the evidence, figured out how to get a marriage license, asked her judge friend to marry us, and made plans for a Sunday afternoon marriage with a few close friends. We married just days after POE and had all the AOS/EAD/AP applications in the mail a week and a day after my arrival. The sooner you file, the sooner he can work and get a drivers license, and the sooner he gets a greencard. If you think you had a lot of questions so far, wait until you start over on on AOS. Leave K1 forums, leave this UK forum, and read  pages and pages in the AOS forum. And the AOS and SSN info found in the guides. 

Guides

https://www.visajourney.com/guides/adjustment-of-status-k1-k3-visas/

https://www.visajourney.com/guides/adjustment-of-status-tips-k1-k3-visas/

https://www.visajourney.com/guides/social-security-number/

https://www.visajourney.com/guides/ead-k1-k3-visas/

Edited by Wuozopo

Thank you. Today we are celebrating! but we plan to have a similar timeline. Our goal is for my fiance to cover early March and get married ASAP. When you landed in the states, did you only have your passport with VISA in it, then the package from the medical appointment and thats it?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.