Ilovecake

I-751 FEBRUARY 2020 FILERS

790 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 11/25/2020 at 6:20 AM, J91939 said:

I got a notification today and jumped thinking it was an approval. It was an RFE. I'm incredibly upset. 

Sorry to hear that. It is disappointing. What's in RFE if you don't mind sharing? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 11/26/2020 at 6:31 PM, H-I said:

Sorry to hear that. It is disappointing. What's in RFE if you don't mind sharing? 

It's coming in today. I'll update when I figure out what they want that wasn't originally included in the first 500 pages I submitted. Good thing is that I've been saving everything since February so whatever it is, it should be easy to get.

I am hoping its the 2019 taxes, which weren't included in the original submission because we hadn't filed yet. 

Timeline
On 11/26/2020 at 6:31 PM, H-I said:

I just got home and I'm really upset. They said that what we sent was not enough to prove bona fide marriage. 

I sent 500 pages. 

Just this, what you sent was not enough. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, J91939 said:

I just got home and I'm really upset. They said that what we sent was not enough to prove bona fide marriage. 

I sent 500 pages. 

Just this, what you sent was not enough. 

Nothing concrete?? :( 

Timeline
5 hours ago, H-I said:

Nothing concrete?? :( 

They asked for childrens birth certificates (we dont have any), lease information (husband owns), bills and insurance information with both our names (sent in our original package), bank statement and taxes (sent in original package). But in USCIS fashion, it's worded as "send us more proof, such as".

So I'm going to send the same information from February to now and hope for the best. 

But yes, their explanation for the RFE was "the documentation you sent was not enough to provide bona fide marriage". 

Timeline
8 hours ago, J91939 said:

They asked for childrens birth certificates (we dont have any), lease information (husband owns), bills and insurance information with both our names (sent in our original package), bank statement and taxes (sent in original package). But in USCIS fashion, it's worded as "send us more proof, such as".

So I'm going to send the same information from February to now and hope for the best. 

But yes, their explanation for the RFE was "the documentation you sent was not enough to provide bona fide marriage". 

Did you include affidavits in your original package?  

Timeline
14 minutes ago, H-I said:

Did you include affidavits in your original package?  

I didn't. I am including them now. I just doubt that on a 500 page package that's what made them think it wasn't enough. I didn't include any affidavits on my I-485 either and that was fine.

My boss thinks they might have lost part of my package, because they are requesting documents (health insurance, bank statements and bills with both our names) that were sent originally. They didn't mention a big chunk of what I sent on the "here's what you sent" part. 

Anywho... A trip to Staples later, here I am mailing out 387 additional pages. Save the trees, everyone! 🌲

Timeline
1 minute ago, J91939 said:

I didn't. I am including them now. I just doubt that on a 500 page package that's what made them think it wasn't enough. I didn't include any affidavits on my I-485 either and that was fine.

My boss thinks they might have lost part of my package, because they are requesting documents (health insurance, bank statements and bills with both our names) that were sent originally. They didn't mention a big chunk of what I sent on the "here's what you sent" part. 

Anywho... A trip to Staples later, here I am mailing out 387 additional pages. Save the trees, everyone! 🌲

I asked about affidavits because it is separate point in the instruction for i-751, so it is very important. But who knows for sure. Good luck! 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, H-I said:

I asked about affidavits because it is separate point in the instruction for i-751, so it is very important. But who knows for sure. Good luck! 

I get it, but there are a couple of people in this forum who didn't send them either and had no problems getting an approval. Anyway, I'll mail everything tomorrow and hope for the best. :)

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
On 10/23/2020 at 7:56 AM, PraiseGod said:

Hi everyone,

I have been following this group for a while now and i was hoping to get some information. I filled for ROC in February. I filed with a divorce waiver. I got my NOA a week after and i haven't heard from them again as i have been seeing people who filed the same period as me get approved. I was wondering if anyone who filed with a divorce waiver has been approved. Seeing how quickly the approvals are coming in i am only curious. My service center is Texas. 

Hi there... so I kinda have same timeline as yours... filed March 29th 2020... NOA Apr 4th 2020... applied my previous biometrics May 7th 2020... and nufin since then... SRC Texas... Divorce Waiver application...

3 hours ago, Seihu said:

Hi there... so I kinda have same timeline as yours... filed March 29th 2020... NOA Apr 4th 2020... applied my previous biometrics May 7th 2020... and nufin since then... SRC Texas... Divorce Waiver application...

Hi! I'm also a Divorce Waiver applicant. My last update was August 10 that they applied my biometrics. Before that I had an update that they updated my name in their system (because I'm changing my last name back to my maiden name). SRC Texas as well... So I just keep waiting and crossing my fingers. 

3 minutes ago, atina said:

Just got a notification that my new card is being produced! 

I just don’t get it why someone posts such good news and doesn’t include service center and day filed,one of the reasons for this thread is to know which month the service centers are working on.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline
1 minute ago, Terry0782 said:

I just don’t get it why someone posts such good news and doesn’t include service center and day filed,one of the reasons for this thread is to know which month the service centers are working on.

lol my apologies. A few posts back I shared the news that my case was moved from Vermont to Missouri. USCIS received my petition on 2/18. Hope that helps!

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
16 hours ago, atina said:

lol my apologies. A few posts back I shared the news that my case was moved from Vermont to Missouri. USCIS received my petition on 2/18. Hope that helps!

Congrats Mate...

Was it joint or Waiver? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.