eirinlinn

Will a court ordered shared account for bills be bad for my i134?

13 posts in this topic

In my divorce decree I was offered 50% of a checking account with my ex as a means of pooling money together for the mortgage. For a long time a lot of my money was deposited in that account, I would pay my credit card that is linked to the account and would put my share in for the mortgage. 
I only recently changed my account to make my personal account receive the direct deposit for my paychecks. 
when it comes time for me to get a bank letter for the I-134 will I document all my accounts? 
Also, can I request that the bank documents my deposits only in a letter? 

Edited by eirinlinn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 minutes ago, eirinlinn said:

In my divorce decree I was offered 50% of a checking account with my ex as a means of pooling money together for the mortgage. For a long time a lot of my money was deposited in that account, I would pay my credit card that is linked to the account and would put my share in for the mortgage. 
I only recently changed my account to make my personal account receive the direct deposit for my paychecks. 
when it comes time for me to get a bank letter for the I-134 will I document all my accounts? 

Is your income sufficient on its own?  If so, why are you going after bank information?

YMMV

3 hours ago, eirinlinn said:

You still own a home with your ex?

32 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

You still own a home with your ex?

We are putting it up on the market this summer. 

@Jorgedig and before you ask; no we don’t live together. 

4 hours ago, payxibka said:

Is your income sufficient on its own?  If so, why are you going after bank information?

My income is sufficient and well above. Wouldn’t I need it as proof?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, eirinlinn said:

My income is sufficient and well above. Wouldn’t I need it as proof?

If you are already there from a current income standpoint,  why would you ?  Assets are typically used to provide for shortfalls 

YMMV

5 minutes ago, payxibka said:

If you are already there from a current income standpoint,  why would you ?  Assets are typically used to provide for shortfalls 

I didn’t really think of it as an asset I guess more like a piece of evidence that that is truly the amount of money that I’m making. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, eirinlinn said:

I didn’t really think of it as an asset I guess more like a piece of evidence that that is truly the amount of money that I’m making. 

Tax transcripts,  tax returns & w2s or paystubs do that.  Your consulate may stipulate exactly the information they want to see.  Always default to local instructions. 

YMMV

@JorgedigLong story short things got complicated with the divorce and and my ex and I both mutually agreed to sell the home at a 'later date' until we could get our ducks in a row to sell it. 😕 

Edited by eirinlinn

2 hours ago, eirinlinn said:

@JorgedigLong story short things got complicated with the divorce and and my ex and I both mutually agreed to sell the home at a 'later date' until we could get our ducks in a row to sell it. 😕 

Hopefully you can sort that out before your fiancee's AOS interview.

3 hours ago, payxibka said:

Tax transcripts,  tax returns & w2s or paystubs do that.  Your consulate may stipulate exactly the information they want to see.  Always default to local instructions. 

Can I just do a tax transcript when I file this year's? Or do they need the last three years? The B&H consulate just refers me to the regular uscis page for K1 instructions.. 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, eirinlinn said:

Can I just do a tax transcript when I file this year's? Or do they need the last three years? The B&H consulate just refers me to the regular uscis page for K1 instructions.. 

Right now, but consulate instructions will be forthcoming after the petition arrives.   Instructions may be contained therein 

YMMV

Just now, payxibka said:

Right now, but consulate instructions will be forthcoming after the petition arrives.   Instructions may be contained therein 

Good to know! Thank you :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.