Leah88

K1 visa process almost done, but fiancé might be moving to another country this year (Military)

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi there, me and my fiancé applied for the K1 visa in June, and are almost done with the process. My interview will be soon, and We have been waiting for this for a few years. Last night however, my fiancé called me and told me that he got a really amazing promotion (he is in the military). To summarize it- he will be attending school for the promotion and afterwards he might get stationed within the US or somewhere else. He will probably start school soon, and the program usually takes around 3 months, the school is in the US. We don’t know, when he will get orders /get informed where he is going to be stationed afterwards.  I have made plans to move to the US soon; in April or May. I know that I will have to do AOS after we get married, and that I won’t be able to leave the country. So right now my best option is probably to wait to get my visa, and see where he will be send to next, instead of moving there, as planned?! I would like to know, if there are people on here, who are military spouses, and who have experienced similar situations. Did you move and apply for an expedite for the AOS, when your spouse had to move overseas? What would you do or what are your experiences? Since we have already waited for a long time to be together, and invested a bunch of money, I don’t want to loose the visa, if I get it 🤞🏽I have a good job, friends and family whom I love over here, and I really don’t want to make a bad decision! However, I love this man and I want to marry him ASAP lol we have been together for almost 7 years. I am grateful for advise and personal stories or experiences! Thanks in advance and a great weekend to everyone  🌸

*~*~*moved to “military related immigration” to be among similar topics*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

You definitely can request an expedite on your AOS if your husband is being PCS'd overseas. Since you don't know at this point, you should continue your current process. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, NikLR said:

You definitely can request an expedite on your AOS if your husband is being PCS'd overseas. Since you don't know at this point, you should continue your current process. 

Thank you for your reply!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.