The4Sands

DCF in London - January 2020

1,205 posts in this topic

I got a response from the Embassy from my last email. Still the same “be patient” message from before but at least it feels more like a person actually wrote it this time and not a standard copy and paste response:

Thank you for your email. 

We understand how concerned you are. Rest assured we are doing everything we can to ensure you receive your LND number as quickly as possible. However, we are unable to provide you with a timescale on when that might be. Our colleagues in the Immigrant Visa Unit will contact you with the next steps in your application as soon as possible. 

Sincerely, 

Consular Information Unit
U.S. Embassy, London
CONS/CIU/RJ

12 hours ago, Stuwoolf said:

Any joy following your visit?

Hope so🙂

Sorry, I might not have made this clear. I'm still struggling to even get an appointment for his passport. The appointment for next week come online on Wednesday but every time I go to check they are either not available yet, or they are then all taken.

Ironically today is my last day at work before I take shared leave till February so tomorrow from 17:00 on wards I will be refreshing the appointment page every 5 minutes as it appears this is the only way you'll be able to get an appointment. Fingers crossed Ill then get an appointment next week.

6 hours ago, AlanD26 said:

Sorry, I might not have made this clear. I'm still struggling to even get an appointment for his passport. The appointment for next week come online on Wednesday but every time I go to check they are either not available yet, or they are then all taken.

Ironically today is my last day at work before I take shared leave till February so tomorrow from 17:00 on wards I will be refreshing the appointment page every 5 minutes as it appears this is the only way you'll be able to get an appointment. Fingers crossed Ill then get an appointment next week.

Oh…..my mistake. With a bit more time on your hands perhaps it will be easier to secure that appointment.

Good luck

Its like someone is trying to mess with me.

So at 14:00 I randomly refreshed the appointment page to see that they had suddenly added next weeks appointments but they were all gone apart from the 08:00 on Wednesday. Result, I finally got one. So I click on the appointment, fill in the details and hit submit....... "this appointment is no longer available", someone managed to steal it off me in the time it took me to write in his details, can you believe that!? I assumed that as soon as you click on the date it would save that appointment for you, but it doesn't, you actually have to submit your names and number and then click submit before it saves it. I was SO frustrated when I lost it.

So now I have to wait another week to see if I can get his passport sorted / find someone in the embassy to talk to about my LND number.

Might as well add that still no news on my LND front either.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by AlanD26

So, 10 seconds after I posted my above post, the mail arrived. My LND number has arrived today!!

My I-130 approval date was March 16th so hopefully other who are still waiting from around that time will also get theirs soon. More than anything it means that they are processing them, even if its in completely the wrong order. My fear was that our application just got lost due to the proximity in date of the embassy closing down for COVID-19. 

Good luck everyone.

2 minutes ago, AlanD26 said:

So, 10 seconds after I posted my above post, the mail arrived. My LND number has arrived today!!

My I-130 approval date was March 16th so hopefully other who are still waiting from around that time will also get theirs soon. More than anything it means that they are processing them, even if its in completely the wrong order. My fear was that our application just got lost due to the proximity in date of the embassy closing down for COVID-19. 

Good luck everyone.

OMG!!!!!!! No waaayyyyyyyyy?? I am March 16. Did you expedite or anything? Oh, please universe. 

Congratulations!!!

No I didn't do anything other than send emails which were just replied with the usual "please wait to hear from us". I made a few calls which also ended with me not talking to anyone so nothing in the way of expediting.

Fingers crossed yours arrives really shortly as well.

1 minute ago, AlanD26 said:

No I didn't do anything other than send emails which were just replied with the usual "please wait to hear from us". I made a few calls which also ended with me not talking to anyone so nothing in the way of expediting.

Fingers crossed yours arrives really shortly as well.

Ok, same as me then. All the falanges crossed. This has made me pretty excited, which may be stupid and the process seems totally random! Anyway, this has buoyed me massively. 

14 minutes ago, AlanD26 said:

Good luck everyone.

Congratulations. Great news🙂

We are March 29 so I guess we are still at least 2-4 weeks away. I could live with that if only the IVU would at least provide a non commital timeline.

Fingers crossed.🤞

Good luck to all who are still waiting.🙂

10 minutes ago, Cauldron said:

Ok, same as me then. All the falanges crossed. This has made me pretty excited, which may be stupid and the process seems totally random! Anyway, this has buoyed me massively. 

Good luck🙂

🤞

20 minutes ago, AlanD26 said:

Good luck everyone.

Congrats- what a relief for you.

With your LND number in your hand you can now book your medical appointment. There aren’t any available Embassy interview slots right now but if you keep refreshing/checking you’ll find a slot. I suspect they are going to release dates for October shortly.

1 hour ago, AlanD26 said:

Good luck everyone.

Congrats. I don’t know what to think anymore. They’ve not responded to any email in the last 2 weeks.

14 minutes ago, Robyn-n-Kris said:

Congrats. I don’t know what to think anymore. They’ve not responded to any email in the last 2 weeks.

In a sudden rush of blood to my head, yesterday I too sent another email. Havent yet received a reply to that or what was sent last week. Hey ho....

Just got to keep on hoping things will come good soon.

I have been trying to organise suitable flights for our trip to US. Due to the required plan of travel its complcated. At least it keeps me busy.

Maybe get a letter or even an email this week.....or next🙂🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Hubby just called me. Our LND came in the post today! I’m so flipping relieved.

Guys that’s so awesome for all that received one today! 

I picked up my passport yesterday. Interview was last Wednesday morning. They are moving very quickly. Off to the US tomorrow 😎

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.