The4Sands

DCF in London - January 2020

1,205 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, DCB said:

Well I'm almost 6ft with ginger hair, short on sides, with glasses. Say hello if you see me :)

😂😂😂 that’s def a description I couldn’t miss! I shall look out for you! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Morgan5698 said:

Mid morning so may pass you on my way out! There’s a few people on this site there on Monday. If I see people I’m going to wonder who’s who! 

Wear badges saying “Honk if you’re on VJ” 🤣😂

7 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Wear badges saying “Honk if you’re on VJ” 🤣😂

I would say we could come up with a secret handshake but that would be frowned upon

38 minutes ago, Mpere said:

I didn’t know that the uk police certificate has to be less than 6months old required by the medical appointment! Mine is like 5months 20days old :) 

5 minutes ago, DCB said:

I think it also has to be within 6 months old at your interview date - so I'd highly recommend getting a new one asap. 

Thats intetesting. Are the Police Certificate not UK?

Source: https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/required-documents/

"Note: The police certificate must list all names and aliases by which you have ever been known, e.g. maiden name, alternative spellings of names used on legal documents etc. UK police certificates are valid for 12 months only.  Failure to present all necessary and valid police certificates at the time of the interview will incur significant delays to your application.  If your UK police certificate indicates “No Live Trace,”  or “Further  Information  Stepped Down” you are required to provide complete details of the offense(s) and disposition. If you do not recall the specific details, consider obtaining a Subject Access Report so that you can provide the Consular Officer with accurate information on the day of your interview. To obtain a Subject Access Report, visit http://www.acro.police.uk/subject_access.aspx.

38 minutes ago, Mpere said:

didn’t know that the uk police certificate has to be less than 6months old required by the medical appointment! Mine is like 5months 20days old :) 

6 minutes ago, DCB said:

I think it also has to be within 6 months old at your interview date - so I'd highly recommend getting a new one asap. 

Are you sure about this? See Email from medical that i received and London Embassy website. Both say 12 months.....

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/employment/required-documents/

image.png.c1e2b08034359e7580cc17f30eb2cf87.png

43 minutes ago, Morgan5698 said:

Are you sure about this? See Email from medical that i received and London Embassy website. Both say 12 months.....

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/employment/required-documents/

image.png.c1e2b08034359e7580cc17f30eb2cf87.png

Sorry, my email from the medical also says 12 but required documents for medial on the embassy website says 6. I’m confused. I think 12 is fine :) 

7 minutes ago, Mpere said:

Sorry, my email from the medical also says 12 but required documents for medial on the embassy website says 6. I’m confused. I think 12 is fine :) 

The embassy website is wrong and out of date when it comes to the documents required for the medical (exhibit A: they don't list the very much essential medical care summary).

I contacted visamedicals about the validity of the PC, and they confirmed 12 months. 

They accepted the documentation without any issue. 

But always feel free to send them a message! Hearing it directly form them is better than trusting someone on the internet when it's down to important things 😊 

Edited by Melc
clarification

1 minute ago, Melc said:

The embassy website is wrong and out of date (exhibit A: they don't list the very much essential medical care summary).

I contacted visamedicals about the validity of the PC, and they confirmed 12 months. 

They accepted the documentation without any issue. 

Can someone confirm the list of documents needed for the interview please? I only prepared the ones listed on the website....

Just now, Mpere said:

Can someone confirm the list of documents needed for the interview please? I only prepared the ones listed on the website....

For the interview the ones listed on the embassy website should be fine!

When it comes to the medical, follow the documentation on the medical website. 🙂 

1 minute ago, Mpere said:

Thank you! almost had a heart attack if I missed some important documents:) 

Sorry!

You should be fine with the ones listed there. 

One thing that surprised me was that I'd read that in London people had all their documents scanned at the embassy and didn't need to bring copies. 

In my case they still wanted photocopies and made the physical envelope to carry with me to POE. So I'm not sure if it was due to COVID or DCF. But bring photocopies as requested, just in case!

Edited by Melc

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.