Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Joms Datt

USPHS LETTER WITHIN 45 DAYS (K1 VISA)

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

 

I'm a K1 visa holder and I entered US (POE: SFO) last December 23, 2019. Based on my yellow packet i'm a Class B in my medical. I was negative for sputum during my medical for K1. During my POE the guy from Homeland and Security told me that I will be receiving a letter from USPHS about instructions since I was a Class B in my medical. I think I needed to have another medical here in SF. The guy said I'll receive a letter within 45 days but until now I haven't receive one and I have to file for AOS soon. Do I have to contact USPHS? What should I do? 

 

Thank you so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The health department will contact you eventually.   Just wait for it.  You will be tested again using the QuantiFERON-TB Gold Test.  It's a free test through the health department.  We finally had notification after 3 months.  Initial contact for us was through a phone call by the health department. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, gregcrs2 said:

The health department will contact you eventually.   Just wait for it.  You will be tested again using the QuantiFERON-TB Gold Test.  It's a free test through the health department.  We finally had notification after 3 months.  Initial contact for us was through a phone call by the health department. 

Thank you for your reply. So should I just proceed with processing of AOS

Edited by Joms Datt
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Other Timeline

The same happened to my grandparents. They received a letter from the health department a few months after their entry to do another sputum test for free.


I learned the hard way, I hope YOU don't have to. Advice: learn, learn, learn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, gregcrs2 said:

Yes

But wouldn't that be a problem with the processkng of AOS? Because the guy from Homeland and Security specifically said to complete it within 45 days after entry?

59 minutes ago, Pmta1 said:

The same happened to my grandparents. They received a letter from the health department a few months after their entry to do another sputum test for free.

Thank you for your reply. Wow. So I have to wait for months. I just thought it would be as they said within 45 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Joms Datt said:

But wouldn't that be a problem with the processkng of AOS? Because the guy from Homeland and Security specifically said to complete it within 45 days after entry?

Did he say that you should NOT apply for adjustment of status as well? They are separate issues not dependent on each other. 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Did he say that you should NOT apply for adjustment of status as well? They are separate issues not dependent on each other. 

Isn't it part of the documents needed to submit for the AOS I-693? The guy didn't say NOT to process AOS but he said it will delay/affect the process of AOS

 

Thank you so much for your reply. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Joms Datt said:

Isn't it part of the documents needed to submit for the AOS I-693? The guy didn't say NOT to process AOS but he said it will delay/affect the process of AOS

 

Thank you so much for your reply. :)

Read carefully the instructions,  you will see that the medical can be submitted later than the initial submission 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, payxibka said:

Read carefully the instructions,  you will see that the medical can be submitted later than the initial submission 

Thank you so much! Will just have to wait for the letter/notification from USPHS then. :)

 

Have a great day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...