US2UK

Anxiety & Excitement!!

37 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, US2UK said:

Yup exactly this !! It’s so entertaining. I wonder if they’re real k1 couples?

They are, and the show's producers have been known to recruit here on VJ.

1 hour ago, kris&me said:

It was posted on here a few weeks ago that we are not to mention the show

but you can follow what people think about it by putting the name in the search area

No need to even search.  The show has it's own thread on the 'off topic' forum.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

For those of you who are having interviews soon good luck! / congratulations!

what was the availability like when you booked the interview? was it a few days/weeks/months/none?

TIA

Timeline
1 hour ago, brainless69 said:

For those of you who are having interviews soon good luck! / congratulations!

what was the availability like when you booked the interview? was it a few days/weeks/months/none?

TIA

I’m London embassy and booked around the 5th of January. There was availability on around 50% of dates in Jan, starting from the 7th Jan to 31st Jan. Weirdly no feb dates or later were showing up when I booked. Is yours coming up? 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, US2UK said:

I’m London embassy and booked around the 5th of January. There was availability on around 50% of dates in Jan, starting from the 7th Jan to 31st Jan. Weirdly no feb dates or later were showing up when I booked. Is yours coming up? 

Not yet, still waiting for packet 3 which i'm hoping will come with the delivery on the 21st.. just want to get out of London now, feels like its been a long time waiting.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, brainless69 said:

Not yet, still waiting for packet 3 which i'm hoping will come with the delivery on the 21st.. just want to get out of London now, feels like its been a long time waiting.

Someone please correct me If I’m wrong... but I don’t know if we get these packets anymore. At least for me... we had an email from NVC saying they were sending our case to London and these were the next steps. From there I filled in the ds-160 and made the appointment. It’s been 3 weeks since that NVC email and we still haven’t gotten anything  

Timeline
9 minutes ago, US2UK said:

Someone please correct me If I’m wrong... but I don’t know if we get these packets anymore. At least for me... we had an email from NVC saying they were sending our case to London and these were the next steps. From there I filled in the ds-160 and made the appointment. It’s been 3 weeks since that NVC email and we still haven’t gotten anything  

Sorry didn't meant to cause confusion, when i say packet 3 i meant that i am awaiting the email from the NVC to say that they're sending the case to london etc etc.. not waiting for a literal packet. 

On 1/13/2020 at 10:22 PM, US2UK said:

So.. we have the interview coming up shortly. I keep flipping between being worried something will go wrong and we won't get approved, and being excited because we are getting so close to being able to be with each other!!

How did you all try and stay calm in the roller coaster run up to the interview?! 🙂

I've been keeping myself entertained with the 90 day fiance show - it's so funny!

Come prepared. Come dressed well. Be yourself. Be honest. And that's really it. It's not that deep. 

Timeline
On 1/15/2020 at 6:17 AM, brainless69 said:

Sorry didn't meant to cause confusion, when i say packet 3 i meant that i am awaiting the email from the NVC to say that they're sending the case to london etc etc.. not waiting for a literal packet. 

Once you get the in transit email from NVC you can try to book the interview. We were able to book it the same day we got the in transit notification and didn’t have to wait until “ready.” It varies I’ve heard but worth a shot. 

we never received a packet 3 either  

On 1/14/2020 at 4:07 PM, FreyandRyan said:

We got approved! My fiancé said it was very easy and straight forward. She was only at the embassy for an hour total. They asked for tax returns with the I-134 and then simple conversational questions like “when and how did you meet? What does your fiancé do for a living? What do you like about them? What do you do for a living?”

so relieved 😅

This brings me so much hope! Huge congratulations!!

my NOA2 (is that the one where the I-797 has been approved? I get confused with the jargon) came through in mid-December. But still not heard anything further... but also spiralling because I’m trying to find out how long it takes for the next step? Thank you so much, looking forward to hearing ❣️

Timeline
35 minutes ago, AliceLboy said:

my NOA2 (is that the one where the I-797 has been approved? I get confused with the jargon) came through in mid-December. But still not heard anything further... but also spiralling because I’m trying to find out how long it takes for the next step? Thank you so much, looking forward to hearing ❣️

Next step is the USCIS sends your case to the NVC. Usually takes anywhere from 2-6 weeks (ours took 3 weeks). You can call them and ask for to see if it has arrived and get the case number. Once they assign it a case number it will be shipped off to the embassy shortly after (which is done twice a month).

40 minutes ago, FreyandRyan said:

Next step is the USCIS sends your case to the NVC. Usually takes anywhere from 2-6 weeks (ours took 3 weeks). You can call them and ask for to see if it has arrived and get the case number. Once they assign it a case number it will be shipped off to the embassy shortly after (which is done twice a month).

Thank you Freya and Ryan! Sorry one more question... 

Once it is shipped to the embassy, does it then take about a month more before interviews? 
I am keen to get clear on timings so I can manage my expectations! So hopefully about 2 months from NOA2 to interview? Thank you X

Timeline
40 minutes ago, AliceLboy said:

Thank you Freya and Ryan! Sorry one more question... 

Once it is shipped to the embassy, does it then take about a month more before interviews? 
I am keen to get clear on timings so I can manage my expectations! So hopefully about 2 months from NOA2 to interview? Thank you X

Once shipped to the embassy you can schedule the interview. Usually 2-3 weeks later. Just make sure to do the medical first at least five days before the interview. 

Timeline
On 1/15/2020 at 11:17 AM, brainless69 said:

Guess what came in the mail yesterday.... a letter from the embassy, which is I believe "packet 3", it didn't have anything useful but the same info as the NVC letter

Timeline
17 hours ago, AliceLboy said:

Congrats on the NOA2 approval. 

I really recommend filling in your timeline as you get estimates from Visa Journey. Also these are past processing times: 

You can also search other people's K1 timelines on here which is what I did. Our timeline was 8th Nov (NOA2 approval), 4th Dec (received by NVC), 23rd Dec (left NVC), 31st Dec (arrived at the embassy). At this point we booked the medical and interview. It's worth doing all the prep ASAP, e.g. getting the documents required for the medical as GP surgeries are quite slow... and ordering police certificates etc. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.