Jpoy

Steps/Forms on how to file for CRBA?

34 posts in this topic

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, Jpoy said:

Hi,

I have been searching around here to see if there is a full guide on how-to file/apply for CRBA, but I have not seen any yet. Has anyone posted a thread about it? Thanks! 

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/crba.html

There are a few topics on CRBA within the Philippines forum, which is more relevant.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

19 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

How long do you think the process is? And how easy/hard is it to schedule an appointment at the embassy to apply for CRBA? Thanks!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/12/2020 at 7:30 PM, Jpoy said:

How long do you think the process is? And how easy/hard is it to schedule an appointment at the embassy to apply for CRBA? Thanks!!!

The process for us was just under 4 weeks from mailing stuff to CRBA in hand. If you're not married, they will ask for DNA. That can make it longer. Also a little longer for passport and SSN if you need those. 

The paper work is easy, I sent the packet and had an email with an appointment within a few days, appointment was within 2 weeks. Asked for DNA, did DNA the following week, CRBA came the week after, and the passport a few days later. As soon as we had the CRBA I went and got a SSN at USEM (no appt needed). Card was delivered to the Philippines 2 weeks later. 

CRBA - 3-4 Weeks

Passport - 5 weeks

SSN - 7 weeks

Time frame will vary, i also paid for expedited testing kits to/from the USA. I had heard St. Lukes is slow.  That added some cost, worth it to have the stuff in hand. 

On 1/20/2020 at 10:31 AM, Fogi said:

The process for us was just under 4 weeks from mailing stuff to CRBA in hand. If you're not married, they will ask for DNA. That can make it longer. Also a little longer for passport and SSN if you need those. 

The paper work is easy, I sent the packet and had an email with an appointment within a few days, appointment was within 2 weeks. Asked for DNA, did DNA the following week, CRBA came the week after, and the passport a few days later. As soon as we had the CRBA I went and got a SSN at USEM (no appt needed). Card was delivered to the Philippines 2 weeks later. 

CRBA - 3-4 Weeks

Passport - 5 weeks

SSN - 7 weeks

Time frame will vary, i also paid for expedited testing kits to/from the USA. I had heard St. Lukes is slow.  That added some cost, worth it to have the stuff in hand. 

Thank you for replying! Do you mind if I PM you about this particular case? Thanks! 

The appointment is scheduled by email.   It is helpful, but not required, for the father to be there.  I've seen them done very quickly.  Passport depends on the consulate.   Ciudad Juarez is very fast.  I'd expect that Manila to be fast too.   SSN can be dome stateside.

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

Timeline
8 hours ago, Jpoy said:

Thank you for replying! Do you mind if I PM you about this particular case? Thanks! 

Sure! If you have questions let me know. You can also create new topics, that way your question is documented and can be a resource for others. 

8 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

The appointment is scheduled by email.   It is helpful, but not required, for the father to be there.  I've seen them done very quickly.  Passport depends on the consulate.   Ciudad Juarez is very fast.  I'd expect that Manila to be fast too.   SSN can be dome stateside.

Copy. I plan on going back home to see the childbirth and stay in Manila for almost 1.5 months to do the CRBA process. 

What I'd like to do while I'm over there is to get CRBA, Passport, & SSN for the baby as well. Can it be done do you think in 1.5 months?

Thanks much! 

52 minutes ago, Jpoy said:

Copy. I plan on going back home to see the childbirth and stay in Manila for almost 1.5 months to do the CRBA process. 

What I'd like to do while I'm over there is to get CRBA, Passport, & SSN for the baby as well. Can it be done do you think in 1.5 months?

Thanks much! 

Maybe but probably not.

You need the birth certificate to start.  (get a bunch of them while you are there)  If you are there for the interview it is helpful but not required.  Being on the birth certificate and proof that you were at the same place for conception is often enough.   If they were to ask for DNA it does delay.   Getting passports at bigger consulates is usually pretty fast.  

Don't worry about the SSN as it is easy to get stateside.

Don't forget the child will also need a Filipino Passport to leave and enter Philippines.

Great place for Philippines questions:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Timeline
22 hours ago, Jpoy said:

Thanks much! 

Doubtful, because you will need to wait for the official birth certificate from the Philippines. Once you have that, you're good to begin the process. If you plan to bring the baby to the USA right way, you can hold off on the SSN, and get that stateside. Baby does not need it to travel. I'd get it before traveling so you can put the baby on your insurance. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2020 at 4:44 PM, Jpoy said:

Thanks much! 

You can MAYBE do it in 1.5 months IF all the documents are already sent in and have an interview scheduled by the time you are there - and have a little luck on your side. :) The hangup for us was the DNA test, the process alone took 1 month to complete from end of interview to test results. The waiting game for the DNA appointment was also tough. It might have helped that I sent them a couple of emails to get updates but YMMV. It was probably another week or so for the passport to arrive. In total, the entire process was around 5 months for us, from birth to passport...but I took a bit of time to make sure everything was in order.

Edited by snmsm

Timeline
On 2/1/2020 at 2:01 PM, snmsm said:

You can MAYBE do it in 1.5 months IF all the documents are already sent in and have an interview scheduled by the time you are there - and have a little luck on your side. :) The hangup for us was the DNA test, the process alone took 1 month to complete from end of interview to test results. The waiting game for the DNA appointment was also tough. It might have helped that I sent them a couple of emails to get updates but YMMV. It was probably another week or so for the passport to arrive. In total, the entire process was around 5 months for us, from birth to passport...but I took a bit of time to make sure everything was in order.

If you get asked to DNA, use the expedited process. We had the test on a Monday or Tuesday (can;'t remember exactly) USEM had results by the end of the week. If you PM me I'll let you know the lab. It was expensive AF, but worth it. 

• 3 months later...
On 1/22/2020 at 6:44 AM, Jpoy said:

Thanks much! 

I know that I am late to reply, but I will chime in anyways. First off when applying for the birth certificate at your local registrar ask, ask , and ask again if necessary about expediting the PSA birth certificate. We received ours in 2 weeks for our second son and without expediting it took over 4 months for our first son. You MUST have the PSA certificate to apply for the CRBA not the local registrar.

Next, It is not often that they will even ask for a DNA test. If all of your documents are in order you should be fine. Follow the the checklist from the embassy website. You are supposed to send that in with your request for an appointment.

I had my appointment at the end of February. I accidentally brought a copy of our PSA marriage certificate (not the original) so the required me to send in the original. I did that, then coronavirus hit. I am still waiting for the CRBA and Passport's.

13 hours ago, RO_AH said:

I know that I am late to reply, but I will chime in anyways. First off when applying for the birth certificate at your local registrar ask, ask , and ask again if necessary about expediting the PSA birth certificate. We received ours in 2 weeks for our second son and without expediting it took over 4 months for our first son. You MUST have the PSA certificate to apply for the CRBA not the local registrar.

Next, It is not often that they will even ask for a DNA test. If all of your documents are in order you should be fine. Follow the the checklist from the embassy website. You are supposed to send that in with your request for an appointment.

I had my appointment at the end of February. I accidentally brought a copy of our PSA marriage certificate (not the original) so the required me to send in the original. I did that, then coronavirus hit. I am still waiting for the CRBA and Passport's.

Thank you so much for this reply! I love would to PM you, if you don't mind since you know a lot about this CRBA. I have postponed all of my petition papers and have been inactive on this forum due to the pandemic. However, I really do appreciate your reply! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.