AFCF

SLEC medical experience (January 7 to 8, 2020)

11 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Good write up!!

And very nice that you didn't go at 4AM to stand in line :)  

Thanks

Thank you! Learned that here with everyone’s helpful advice to not bother going that early. 

Can’t thank you enough for your help, Sir! 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, chxakx said:

Thank you! Learned that here with everyone’s helpful advice to not bother going that early. 

Can’t thank you enough for your help, Sir! 

Yes I "preach" not going early, even have it noted on the website .. as you said - sleep in a few hours!  :thumbs:  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 1/9/2020 at 11:21 AM, chxakx said:

This is a long post. Just want to share how the medical was for me since this forum helped me a lot. 

I stayed at Go Hotels Ermita which is a few minutes away from the clinic. I paid 3851.37PhP for 2 nights. 

For SLEC, don’t forget to bring your own pen. Also, I forgot which floor is which, so I’ll just indicate the areas. Use the stairs too. Way faster than the elevators. 

Day 1: January 7, 2020

I arrived at 08:10. No need to go there at 3 or 4 in the morning. A few extra hours of sleep sounds (and feels) better than waiting in line.

The guard asked for the following: passport, 1 copy of passport biopage, 1 copy of SLEC appointment letter, 1 copy of NVC letter, 1 copy of appointment confirmation letter for the USEM interview (if applicable), Security Bank receipt (if applicable), and 4 2x2 photos. He compiled everything and asked me to proceed to the photo room. 

💡 Almost every step of the process, aside from the SLEC papers, they will ask for your passport and ask you your name and birthday for verification. 

PHOTO ROOM: They took a photo of me, I saw it was what they used for their system, and asked me my name and birthday for verification. After that, they asked me to proceed to the USA reception. 

USA Reception: I waited for a few minutes until I was called. They just asked me my name, my birthday, if it was my first time to have medical at SLEC, and my relationship with my petitioner (fiancé). After that, they asked me to scan my right index finger. Then, they gave me my receipt along with the paperwork that I need for the process. 

LABORATORY: There’s a sheet of paper that explains what you will be tested for. You will have to write your name and sign after reading. (No erasures!) After signing, I gave my papers and the signed sheet to the reception area and waited to be called. When I was called, they told me to scan my fingerprint and asked me if I urinated that morning. I did at 7:45 so they asked me to do my urine collection at 8:45 and proceed to the phlebotomy area first. 

PHLEBOTOMY: Did what they had to do, draw blood, and asked me to go do my x-ray. 

X-RAY: They asked me if I’m pregnant (I’m not). Then, they told me to write ”I’m not pregnant” on the sheet and fill out the required fields. After doing so, I was asked to proceed to the women’s xray room. You have to wear a gown (take your shirt and underwear off, of course) and to put your hair up in a bun. I waited for my turn and I was asked stuff again for verification. I inhaled the best I could when I was told to do so (I was honestly freaking out about this because of the various posts I have read). After this, I was asked to do urine collection. 

URINE COLLECTION: I was instructed to collect my urine from the first drop until it reaches the line drawn on the container. It shouldn’t be full or less than what’s required. The nurse will accompany you inside the restroom and you would have to leave your bag out of the cubicle. After that, they took the container and they asked me to proceed to the vital signs area. 

VITAL SIGNS: Gave them my papers and waited to be called. They checked the following: weight, height, blood pressure, heart rate, respiratory rate, and temperature. After this, I was asked to proceed to the eye test room.

EYE TEST: Asked if I’m wearing eyeglasses and/or contact lenses and checked for visual acuity. After this, I filled out a sheet of my ki medical history and gave my papers to the US Counter and waited to be called. 

PHYSICAL EXAM: When I was called, I was instructed to go wait by the clinic. The doctor asked about my history. After the interview part, the doctor did the physical examination. This was when the doctor saw my tattoo and asked if I only have one. I think she was checking for scars and such. She also asked about my highest educational attainment and my previous vaccinations. After it was done, I was told to give my papers back to the US counter and wait to be called. 

CHECK-OUT: When I was finally called, I was instructed to go to the second floor to check-out before I can go home. I went down and gave them my papers. When they called me, they asked me about my previous vaccinations and asked to see my records. Then, I was instructed to come back the next day at 9:00AM. 

I finished at 10:40. Finished everything in 2 hours and 30 minutes. Longest wait was for the physical examination. 

Day 2: January 8, 2020

I arrived at 9:30AM. I showed the guard my receipt and my passport. He told me to stay at the ground floor, give my receipt to Counter A, and wait to be called. I was nervous the entire time because I have always read that people get sent to the second floor for immunization right away, if passed, or to the fourth floor for those under sputum. Not knowing what being at the ground floor means was torturous, along with the 2 hour wait. But I kept seeing people from the ground floor being called to go the immunization room. So that somehow helped and gave me hope lol. At around 12 noon, I was (finally) called to go to the immunization room! Thank God!!! ♥️ I was nervous the entire time. The nurse asked about my medical history and if I’m pregnant. I had to write “I’m not pregnant” and she gave me 3 shots (TDAP, MMR, and Varicella — some posts of people said they got 4 shots with the flu shot). I went back to the releasing area (ground floor — where I was asked to wait) after for my sealed envelope, CD, and vaccination record. 

I finished at 13:25. It was worth the wait! It took me almost 4 hours on the 2nd day. I was praying and freaking out (lol) the entire time I was waiting. I had colds and sore throat when I did the medical. I was worried about this too. But thank God, I passed! Prayers move mountains and we’re one step closer ♥️

Hope this helps! I did my best to remember details so I probably missed some. 

Anyhow, best of luck to everyone. 

God bless us all! ♥️

Great detailed review! It'll be helpful for other applicants for sure.

Just a quick question, do you have to bring multiple copies of the documents you mentioned or will the guard give them back to you so that you have them for the different examinations?

9 minutes ago, noypi321 said:

Just a quick question, do you have to bring multiple copies of the documents you mentioned or will the guard give them back to you so that you have them for the different examinations?

Hi! Thank you. 

I brought 2 copies of each document but they only asked for 1. I just realised I didn’t include this, but they won’t give it back to you. The guard will compile your documents and you will give everything to the USA reception. After it has been processed at that counter, they will return your receipt and give you a piece of paper that contains tests you have to do. It’s what you have to show SLEC employees every step of the process (they basically get the sticker from it for labeling purposes, I assume, and sign on it once you’re done with that step).

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, noypi321 said:

That is very detailed girl! Good job! :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Omg! I have the same experience for day 2. I’m still waiting for my name to be called. And i arrived at 8:15am :( hoping for the positive results! 

21 minutes ago, annyeongbada said:

Omg! I have the same experience for day 2. I’m still waiting for my name to be called. And i arrived at 8:15am :( hoping for the positive results! 

Praying for you! Did they ask you to submit your receipt to Counter A and wait til you get called? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.