666 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, doggieandsam said:

You are confusing AOS with ROC. For AOS, yes you need the Advance Parole. During AOS you have no legal permanent status yet, and so you need explicit approval for re-entry (ie Advance Parole). For ROC, as long as you filed it and received your extension letter, you already have legal permanent resident status that is valid until the date stated on your extension letter. Hope my explanation makes sense. 

Ah. Totally understand and yes, that’s what I was getting confused between! Thank you so much. 🙂

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

In another two months my wife will be eligible to apply for citizenship. Anyone else considering it?

Lifting Conditions
Event Date
CIS Office : YSC
Date Filed : 2020-03-04
NOA Date : 2020-03-10
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. : 2020-05-13 Case updated without Bio Appointment
Interview Date :  
Approval / Denial Date :  
Approved :  
Got I551 Stamp :  
Green Card Received :  

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Troy P said:

In another two months my wife will be eligible to apply for citizenship. Anyone else considering it?

Yes. Absolutely. It seems you can apply while still awaiting the ROC decision. Would like to hear from some who have done it but I think from other forum discussions it’s possible. 

Timeline

Hi All,

i filed my ROC back at the end of March 2020. I received the extension letter confirming receipt and my cheque was cashed. Since then I have had zero updates. It’s been 212 days. Should I be doing anything or just continue to wait? 

EDIT1: This is for the Nebraska service centre. 

Edited by Reggie B
Service centre added

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Reggie B said:

Hi All,

i filed my ROC back at the end of March 2020. I received the extension letter confirming receipt and my cheque was cashed. Since then I have had zero updates. It’s been 212 days. Should I be doing anything or just continue to wait? 

EDIT1: This is for the Nebraska service centre. 

Same here. No updates at all

On 10/24/2020 at 7:22 PM, Kim&Gary said:

Same here. No updates at all

Same here. Sent 3/10 NOA 3/17 - dead silence since then. I’m starting to worry as my estimate for approval keeps being pushed. Tonight it got pushed past the date of my extension letter, even though it’s not a definitive date, I still worry as I’m desperate to fly home and see my family as soon as I am allowed (due to COVID). I usually go home three times a year so this is really getting to me now. I haven’t seen my family since December 2019. I was hoping to go in June 2021 if the pandemic allows. I really didn’t want to have to use my letter to get back in, I was hoping for my card by then. Right now it’s saying end of October 2021 😩

Timeline
4 hours ago, Julia80 said:

Same here. Sent 3/10 NOA 3/17 - dead silence since then. I’m starting to worry as my estimate for approval keeps being pushed. Tonight it got pushed past the date of my extension letter, even though it’s not a definitive date, I still worry as I’m desperate to fly home and see my family as soon as I am allowed (due to COVID). I usually go home three times a year so this is really getting to me now. I haven’t seen my family since December 2019. I was hoping to go in June 2021 if the pandemic allows. I really didn’t want to have to use my letter to get back in, I was hoping for my card by then. Right now it’s saying end of October 2021 😩

I asked about those estimates before and someone on here told me they were not reliable at all. Mine just got pushed to October but it has been there before, as well as all the way up to January. I’m in YSC (Potomac) and my status has been that fingerprints were taken, since May 13. So as frustrating as it is to see the estimate date another year away, I wouldn’t read too much into it. Are you also planning on filing for citizenship as soon as you’re able? 

7 hours ago, Adam D said:

I asked about those estimates before and someone on here told me they were not reliable at all. Mine just got pushed to October but it has been there before, as well as all the way up to January. I’m in YSC (Potomac) and my status has been that fingerprints were taken, since May 13. So as frustrating as it is to see the estimate date another year away, I wouldn’t read too much into it. Are you also planning on filing for citizenship as soon as you’re able? 

To be honest I’m not sure if I want to be a citizen. Me and this country aren’t on good terms right now with everything that’s been going on. I haven’t even heard anything about biometrics, most timelines I’ve looked at for March filers have had some sort of message or letter about fingerprints but I’ve had nothing. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 hours ago, Julia80 said:

Got my NOA on 3/25 and I haven't heard since then. My application is being processed at the Nebrasca service center(LIN). I also have not heard about biometrcis either so I am not sure exactly at this point. I usually travel twice a year as well to see my family and I am not even sure about using the extension letter to get back in the country due to the trouble I had in the past with the dvance parole.

Timeline
On 10/26/2020 at 9:03 PM, RP17 said:

Same here. LIN service center. Applied in March 2020, checks were cashed and I received the notice within a week but nothing since then. Other LIN people, what are y'all thinking? 

I’m thinking “I wish my service center was Texas”. I think we’re still within standard processing times. 

18 hours ago, Reggie B said:

I’m thinking “I wish my service center was Texas”. I think we’re still within standard processing times. 

If you wonder, you can always go here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Finally done.

I'm with Vermont but got an update that my case was transferred to another office last October 30, 2020.  I am still waiting for the letter to know why and where it was transferred to.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.