MrsBruce5

VJ Meet Up in New York City...

47 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hello,

Mr. Bruce and I would LOVE to organize a VJ meet up in NYC. I know there's a lot of us here...any takers???

Rose

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello,

Mr. Bruce and I would LOVE to organize a VJ meet up in NYC. I know there's a lot of us here...any takers???

Rose

We're not in NYC but we've been planning on doing an overnight trip to the city at some point (we're in CT). We'd be willing to work around and come if it's on a weekend!

Edited by Emancipation

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Depending on when it is, my hubby and I may be interested. We actually live in NH, but my family is in New Haven CT and we take trips there all the time to see them. Not a stretch to come to NYC. Also, it will give my poor city loving hubby (he's from Vancouver) a chance to leave our SMALL town of 3000 people.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline

I am thinking around early September'ish, as there's lots of family things happening in the summer-weddings, cookouts, holidays, etc...

-Yeats

Have fun!

That might be more reality than I can probably handle - I have to avoid awkward social situations wherever possible ;)

You can be the Dungeon Master. Feel better?

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I am thinking around early September'ish, as there's lots of family things happening in the summer-weddings, cookouts, holidays, etc...

SOunds good.. we're going to Canada the weekend of the 8th so any time other than that is good fer us! ;)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
Have fun!

That might be more reality than I can probably handle - I have to avoid awkward social situations wherever possible ;)

We can meet up at Hellfire's? ;)

If you don't know about that club-google it...(not that I've ever been there or anything) B)

-Yeats

Timeline

I am happy to see people that are willing to do this...excellent !!!

As the summer progresses, I will be happy to make all the arrangements...maybe Tribeca or Chinatown?

(I was only kidding about Hellfire's)

Rose

-Yeats

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Have fun!

Meeting people out of an established context is always a little weird.

I've always noticed that people who work together seem to behave differently towards each other outside of the workplace. Not really unpleasant, just awkward and out of place. Kind of what makes the office christmas party potentially dangerous.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

We're in if it's labor day weekend - we're coming up to NYC to visit a friend that weekend!

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Have fun!

I've always noticed that people who work together seem to behave differently towards each other outside of the workplace. Not really unpleasant, just awkward and out of place. Kind of what makes the office christmas party potentially dangerous.

The awkwardness quickly wears off, accelerated with alcohol.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Have fun!

The awkwardness quickly wears off, accelerated with alcohol.

Usually followed by "I can't believe I did/said that" :lol: