141 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jessjames14 said:

Why do I need this? 

Please read the guides. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, geowrian said:

Arrival/Departure records.

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/

...I directed this person (OP) to the I94 site in PM, this past Friday, and they reported finding no data attached to their passport.

This thread seems to demonstrate directions to information and suggestions from VJ are not the type of assistance this person is easily able to internalize or track well. Perhaps consulting someone locally, in-person may be more helpful.

Alternatively, is forum-trolling an issue within this community?

Edited by Hawk Riders

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

17 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

...I directed this person (OP) to the I94 site in PM, this past Friday, and they reported finding no data attached to their passport.

This thread seems to demonstrate directions to information and suggestions from VJ are not the type of assistance this person is easily able to internalize or track well. Perhaps consulting someone locally, in-person may be more helpful.

Alternatively, is forum-trolling an issue within this community?

I am not sure that is the case of not easily being able to internalize or track well

From my prospective, reading the whole thread, the OP has had intent to stay in the US from day 1. The answers being received, while correct, do not match the what the OP wants to hear.   It also seems the OP may to want to walk in to a USCIS office, explain their case and be granted an exception on the spot. 

There is no quick & easy fix. There is a process that needs to be followed.

If the OP cannot follow then, a visa attorney would be a sensible next step IMHO

I agree.  

People should use attorneys in certain situations like, they don't have the time to spend on the forms, they don't understand the forms, or they have issues with one or both partners like AWA, convictions, etc... 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

On 1/2/2020 at 9:08 AM, Jessjames14 said:

This is the full story: 

my husband and I lived together for 3 years in Canada together (married for 2). We then both moved back in with our parents because my husband needs to move to the states because he has a genetic bone disease and needs a medication here, also his dad who is a Vietnam vet is sick so we wanted to come spend time with him and help take care of him.  My husband had the intention of moving here however I did not. We didn’t really know what the rules were. We were originally just going to stay on his dads property in a camper however it was mouldy when we got there. So my husband got an apartment. Which is where we are now.  

I am a canadian who is married to a USC. I applied for concurrent filing adjustment of status here in the US. My case is still pending. But as long as you have no initial intention of moving here, definitely you can apply to adjustof status while in the US.

On 1/2/2020 at 9:15 AM, Jessjames14 said:

My husband and I drove across at the same time (in separate cars) and I said I would be coming home for Christmas, however we didn’t end up going home for Christmas, but I am going back in February for a doctors appointment and I am hoping I’ll be able to return until May (when the 6 months is up).   I just got here 4 weeks ago.   Is there an issue with this? 

Your mode of entry would be an issue if you are applying to adjust of status. To what i have read, i might be mistaken but you cant adjust your status if you enter by land. 

Another issue is returning. You might be questioned if for example you go back to canada and then return to the US since you said youll be returning home for christmas but did not.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.