41 posts in this topic

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
On 12/30/2019 at 8:09 PM, Dbrennan said:

Still waiting unfortunately. So frustrating, I’m so upset at myself because originally my documents all got accepted In 16 days, besides form i864 that got denied because I didn’t include the blank extra information in the scan 

Same thing happend to me. I submitted my documents on 11/07 and my documents accepted on 01/03 except my form I-864 because I didn't upload the last 2 page it's blank. That's crazy really. If these pages blank NVC employee can just print these blank pages and put in your case it's not make sense they don't accept because that. 

I've had the same issue with a Police certificate from Poland (My wife studied there). The official document website clearly stated the instructions on how to obtain the document and the stamp required on the certificate. NVC still rejected it saying the issuing authority is incorrect even though it has the exact stamp the document website stated it needed to have. Called NVC and they said just re-attach the same document and say in comments that it's unobtainable and they will just send it to the consulate. i did that but now it's been a month and no review of the resubmission. So annoying!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Accepted my documents on 1/03 except my form I-864EZ because I didn't upload the last two pages I replaced the same day. Do know how long take to review my case again. Thanks 

1 minute ago, trucphong said:

Quick question: Why do you translate the document to English? Website said you dont need to translate to English if it is your official language that Consulate will use to interview. Did I miss anything on this?

they asked me to send original , translated , and official confirmation that translation is legit

1 minute ago, dattstar said:

they asked me to send original , translated , and official confirmation that translation is legit

This is scared me because I did not translate any documents to English by following the NVC guidelines as the quote below from travel gov website:

“All documents not written in English, or in the official language of the country in which you are applying for a visa, must be accompanied by certified translations. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator stating that:

• The translation is accurate, and
  • The translator is competent to translate”.

I might be as well got rejected it. Dang it NVC.

21 hours ago, Kurdish said:

Accepted my documents on 1/03 except my form I-864EZ because I didn't upload the last two pages I replaced the same day. Do know how long take to review my case again. Thanks 

'some times it takes the same time as taken before for other docs..but it can take a week to 3 months ..hope for the best 

1 hour ago, trucphong said:

This is scared me because I did not translate any documents to English by following the NVC guidelines as the quote below from travel gov website:

“All documents not written in English, or in the official language of the country in which you are applying for a visa, must be accompanied by certified translations. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator stating that:

the best way is to get a english translation and get it notarized or what ever the criteria is in your country to prove that its legit.and combine it in the same file and submit it..if they need it they will already have it if they dont .u r gud to go still.but it will save ur tym as in my case it took 2 months extra to review resubmitted document

1 hour ago, ssa123 said:

the best way is to get a english translation and get it notarized or what ever the criteria is in your country to prove that its legit.and combine it in the same file and submit it..if they need it they will already have it if they dont .u r gud to go still.but it will save ur tym as in my case it took 2 months extra to review resubmitted document

The problem is I already submitted without translating or certified. It is clearly mentioned on their own website that we only translate if the document is not in our official language or english. 

3 hours ago, trucphong said:

You should be fine if was not translated your documents. Most people translate all docs though not required because they not read the instructions and also they want to be safe.

2 hours ago, trucphong said:

The problem is I already submitted without translating or certified. It is clearly mentioned on their own website that we only translate if the document is not in our official language or english. 

hopefully you should b fine but there are alot of issues with online systems.there shouldnt b any problem but it depend upon type of documents and your country.like in my case native language docs and translations were asked

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.