14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

My wife and I are in the CR-1 process. Waiting for approval of I-130. A visitors visa is a slim chance. We know this. Has anyone ever gotten one while in the process. Or does anyone know of a different visa that she might be able to get? :blush:

Filed: Timeline

katita,

A different visa to accomplish what purpose?

Yodrak

My wife and I are in the CR-1 process. Waiting for approval of I-130. A visitors visa is a slim chance. We know this. Has anyone ever gotten one while in the process. Or does anyone know of a different visa that she might be able to get?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
My wife and I are in the CR-1 process. Waiting for approval of I-130. A visitors visa is a slim chance. We know this. Has anyone ever gotten one while in the process. Or does anyone know of a different visa that she might be able to get? :blush:

If your wife is from Colombia and has no significant ties...eg. Own property, own a business, steady job, etc...it is impossible to get a visitors visa. Once she is here...what reasons does she have to return to her country? Answer: None :unsure:

Suggestion: Why don't you fill in your timeline and some personal information on your profile? It will help others to respond to your questions.

Best Wishes,

Timeline
katita,

Yodrak

My wife and I are in the CR-1 process. Waiting for approval of I-130. A visitors visa is a slim chance. We know this. Has anyone ever gotten one while in the process. Or does anyone know of a different visa that she might be able to get?

Well to be together during the process. :blink:

Filed: Timeline

katita,

The B2 tourist visa would allow her to visit, or at least try to visit, but not to live in the USA.

The K3 visa was intended to shorten the time apart, allowing the alien spouse to enter the USA as a non-immigrant while waiting for the I-130 to be approved. Exactly what you say you want.

Alternatively, you could go live with her if you can get the appropriate visa for her country.

Yodrak

katita,

Yodrak

Well to be together during the process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I visited several times, my wife visited me several times.

Many do, whether your spouse can visit you is impossible to tell, you need to povide more info.

I am guessing that you can visit, I have seen one case where neither could visit the other country, but they had the option of meeting in a third country.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
I visited several times, my wife visited me several times.

Many do, whether your spouse can visit you is impossible to tell, you need to povide more info.

I am guessing that you can visit, I have seen one case where neither could visit the other country, but they had the option of meeting in a third country.

Well I visit her every 5 weeks. So it is really not that bad(the wait). Just looking for a quick fix I guess. Never hurts to ask. :crying:

I believe that you will not be approved any visitor's visa. It would be seen as a potential try to immigrate illegally. You can visit without the visa for the time allowed, but as far as I know, an official visa would not be issued.

Angelika (Schweinfurt, Germany) and Chris (Tulsa, USA)

I-130

Aug 23 2005 - sent to TSC

Aug 25 2005 - received at CSC

Aug 29 2005 - NOA1 in mail

Jan 25 2006 - NOA 2 per email

Jan 31 2006 - Case # assigned

Feb 13 2006 - AOS Bill and DS 3032 received

Feb 14 2006 - AOS Bill paid and DS 3032 sent to NVC

Feb 27 2006 - AOS form and IV Bill issued

Mar 23 2006 - AOS and IV Bill sent to NVC

Apr 10 2006 - DS230 received and sent right back

Apr 28 2006 - case complete

May 2 2006 - sent to Consulate

May 4 2006 - received at Consulate

July 17 2006 - Interview in Germany

Aug 02 2006 - Flying back to Tulsa with my CR1 in passport

Removal of Conditions - I-751

May 2 2008 - Mailed I-751 to TSC

May 21 2008 - Received NOA 1 (extension letter) from VSC

May 27 2008 - Biometrics Appointment in OKC

July 22 2008 - touched

August 6 2008 - touched

February 22, 2009 - touched

March 24, 2009 - card production ordered

April 4, 2009 - Green Card in mail

I-129F

Aug 31 - Oct 20 2005at NBC

Oct 26 - Nov 3 2005 at NVC

Jan 10 2006- Visa interview

Feb 09 2006- Flying to Tulsa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It would help to know if your spouse lives in a VWP country (visa waiver program), which could mean that they could visit for short periods without a special visa. But even under the VWP your spouse needs to show ties to their country, and it is always possible that they could get turned away at the POE. As far as I know, getting a visitor visa while you're in the process of getting a immigrant visa is impossible.

CR1 application

I-130: 03/26/2007-07/02/2007 at NSC

NVC: 07/20/2007-11/08/2007

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 01/18/2008

(2 months' additional security checks)

Received Green Card: 05/12/2008

Removal of Conditions

I-751: 2/25/10-

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
As far as I know, getting a visitor visa while you're in the process of getting a immigrant visa is impossible.

Not impossible

Probably difficult

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

haha, didn't mean that, was just talking about the possibility of VWP or something, where you don't need an actual visa. But yeah, that did sound funky, I admit it!!

germangel,

How about an unofficial visa?

Yodrak

..... as far as I know, an official visa would not be issued.

Angelika (Schweinfurt, Germany) and Chris (Tulsa, USA)

I-130

Aug 23 2005 - sent to TSC

Aug 25 2005 - received at CSC

Aug 29 2005 - NOA1 in mail

Jan 25 2006 - NOA 2 per email

Jan 31 2006 - Case # assigned

Feb 13 2006 - AOS Bill and DS 3032 received

Feb 14 2006 - AOS Bill paid and DS 3032 sent to NVC

Feb 27 2006 - AOS form and IV Bill issued

Mar 23 2006 - AOS and IV Bill sent to NVC

Apr 10 2006 - DS230 received and sent right back

Apr 28 2006 - case complete

May 2 2006 - sent to Consulate

May 4 2006 - received at Consulate

July 17 2006 - Interview in Germany

Aug 02 2006 - Flying back to Tulsa with my CR1 in passport

Removal of Conditions - I-751

May 2 2008 - Mailed I-751 to TSC

May 21 2008 - Received NOA 1 (extension letter) from VSC

May 27 2008 - Biometrics Appointment in OKC

July 22 2008 - touched

August 6 2008 - touched

February 22, 2009 - touched

March 24, 2009 - card production ordered

April 4, 2009 - Green Card in mail

I-129F

Aug 31 - Oct 20 2005at NBC

Oct 26 - Nov 3 2005 at NVC

Jan 10 2006- Visa interview

Feb 09 2006- Flying to Tulsa

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Katita-

My wife was approved for a B2 while we waited for the I130. She is from England, and she did own a home, etc... We didn't think we had much of a chance but we figured all they can do is say no. All depends on what kind of person you get I think. Good luck.

My wife recieved a multi-entry visa for 5 years while we were waiting for her CR-1. As long as you provide good reasons for her to return to her origin country before B-2 expires, such as relatives, financial ties, or what we used: I wrote a letter of invite stating it would be foolish for her to overstay her tourist visa while her application is pending and possibly lead to 10 year ban from entering into US. Consular agreed and granted. My wife had no financial ties to Ukraine, left her daughter behind to finish school, but they dont consider that a strong case. So its all upto the consulars mood. Its $100 fee, go for it, we got it in one week. Good luck

11/10/06 - Married in Ukraine

11/14/06 - I-130 Petition filed and approved

12/08/06 - First interview - we cancelled - shot ourselves in the foot for this!!!!

01/23/07 - 2nd Interview was cancelled due to Adam Walsh Act

02/13/07 - Sonya recieved her 5 year B-2 Tourist Visa

02/21/07 - Sonya arrives in America

02/26/07 - We are told of new interview on 3/8, but she is in america

03/08/07 - Cancelled interview, Sonya is in America

04/16/07 - Fly back to Ukraine

04/25/07 - FINALLY!!!! LOL Interview and VISA approved!!!

04/27/07 - VISA delay due to Sonya's name misspelling - Embassy typo in database

05/02/07 - Called DOS Washington - name check cleared for Sonya - but

told us no VISA was approved for daughter

05/03/07 - Embassy says VISA printed 5/2, but we caught that they forgot VISA for daughter

and the courier entered wrong address to mail VISA - SO MANY TYPO's & MISTAKES :(

05/08/07 - VISA YEAH!!!! FINALLY!

05/23/07 - Back to America - Well almost - Airlines messed up and sent daughters ticket to Chicago

05/30/07 - They finally made it!!! :)

07/03/07 - Green cards recieved

07/06/07 - Applied for SS card at local office, DS-230 application lost

2/19/2010 - Everything is great!!! We now live in South Carolina - Sonya has applied for her citizenship!! She attends USC for her BSN. Her mother has made 3 trips to US.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.