cjsm19

Disclosure of Social Media Platforms?

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! I’m new to these forums, and of course, to the whole visa process. I just have a quick question regarding the fiancé visa application. I know that I must file a petition for my fiancé. Must I also disclose my social media account information, or is that solely for him to do on the DS-160 form? I’m a bit confused. Also, if there is a platform that we are on that is not listed on the application, do we still need to mention that account? Or do we only need to select from the options on the forms? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

The I-129F petition doesn't ask for social media accounts.  You can google the form and read it to see what is on the petition itself.

Suggest checking out the K1 guides section on this site and filling in your profile info.

Come DS-160 (a long time from now) you're fiance will have to fill out social media information.

20 hours ago, J+J said:

The I-129F petition doesn't ask for social media accounts.  You can google the form and read it to see what is on the petition itself.

Suggest checking out the K1 guides section on this site and filling in your profile info.

Come DS-160 (a long time from now) you're fiance will have to fill out social media information.

Thank you for your reply! Does he need to disclose social media accounts that are not listed on the forms?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

All these government forms are available online to view, for free.  Here is DS-160.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/PDF-other/DS-160-Example_11012019.pdf

See page 19 which lists all the social media accounts that are asked about.

Why are you so worried about social media accounts this early in the process?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, J+J said:

Thats my question. of all the things they ask about, this one should not be a big deal at all ...

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

26 minutes ago, J+J said:

All these government forms are available online to view, for free.  Here is DS-160.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/PDF-other/DS-160-Example_11012019.pdf

See page 19 which lists all the social media accounts that are asked about.

We are still in the beginning stages of everything and are just trying to make sure that we are as thorough as possible. It would suck to be denied just for mistakenly leaving out a piece of information. Thank you for your responses! The guides have been very helpful.

Filed: Other Timeline

The only time they'll want social media information is in the DS-160.. and that's only for the beneficiary (not you, the petitioner). You also asked which type of social media they ask for. The answer is: as much as you've got. They'll have a pull-down menu of platforms to choose from in the online DS-160. They'll also have a free text to "others". 

I learned the hard way, I hope YOU don't have to. Advice: learn, learn, learn.

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.