Kevin20

Any others fees to be paid at the interview?

8 posts in this topic

Hello

So my parents have their IR5 interview soon. I paid the AOS and IV fees via NVC. Is there any other fees needs to be paid at the day of interview ? 

Besides, do I need to pay any other fee? I believe,  there is a green card fee which needs to be paid before they they leave for the US. Pls correct me if I'm wrong

Thanks

10 minutes ago, Kevin20 said:

Thanks but it doesnt need to be paid before or at the day of interview right? Its only after the interview?

yes after approval and visa return before the beneficiary has been in the USA for 1 year. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

41 minutes ago, Kevin20 said:

Thanks but it doesnt need to be paid before or at the day of interview right? Its only after the interview?

After the visa is issued and the passport is returned with the visa in it, they will include an instruction on how to pay the $220 (per person). But no, nothing is paid at the interview. 

• 5 months later...
On 12/5/2019 at 11:37 AM, SusieQQQ said:

It says on that website the fee needs to be paid before coming to the USA. But elsewhere I have read we have upto 1 year to pay it after they have arrived in the USA. Which is it?

1 hour ago, TVC said:

It says on that website the fee needs to be paid before coming to the USA. But elsewhere I have read we have upto 1 year to pay it after they have arrived in the USA. Which is it?

You can work backwards: Your temporary green card (stamped immigrant visa) expires one year after entry. You need your plastic green card by then. Plastic card will not be produced until the green card fee is paid. Should take 1-2 months but sometimes there’s a problem and a delay, which for some people can take 4-6 months to end up getting a card (you can’t raise a query before 3 months waiting). So waiting longer than 6 months starts getting risky. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.