MadamG

Case becoming Documentarily Qualified (Embassy in haiti)

81 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 3/5/2020 at 12:52 PM, 4jacques said:

Have you considered calling your senator to see if this is something their case worker can look into. I work for the government and as sad as it is to say, sometimes politics move thing. My MIL became DQ last week and we were thinking booking tickets for August because I have my AA mileage that are set to expire today. Seeing your post just gave me a whole other perspective on the matter.

Thank you

They referring to the last Document check before the interview and mine was June 5,2019 and I am still waiting. I call and email often nothing yet. We’re both get so aggravated with the processes. I would like to move out of states  but feels stuck because I don’t want that to effect us

Timeline
9 hours ago, MadamG said:

@Mmerant1 oh ok. I think there’s a difference with immigrant and non immigrant visas

Yes, it is. Immigrant visas are for those who will live in the us. Non-immigrants are those who are visitors.

Timeline
On 3/5/2020 at 3:08 PM, Nina1008 said:

We are in the exact same boat.  Same approved year and month and same DQ month with just 14days apart. It really be getting to me and even mess with my patience.

Yes, just 14days. I feel like we’re 

On 3/5/2020 at 12:46 PM, 4jacques said:

I am not saying it makes a difference but are you a resident or citizen? I refuse to believe they would take 2 years to schedule an interview. That's beyond crazy

On 3/5/2020 at 12:52 PM, 4jacques said:

Have you considered calling your senator to see if this is something their case worker can look into. I work for the government and as sad as it is to say, sometimes politics move thing. My MIL became DQ last week and we were thinking booking tickets for August because I have my AA mileage that are set to expire today. Seeing your post just gave me a whole other perspective on the matter.

Thank you

10 hours ago, MadamG said:

@Mmerant1 oh ok. I think there’s a difference with immigrant and non immigrant visas

On 3/5/2020 at 3:08 PM, Nina1008 said:

We are in the exact same boat.  Same approved year and month and same DQ month with just 14days apart. It really be getting to me and even mess with my patience.

I feel like we’re getting punish Nina. I don’t what else to do. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Dypie said:

That’s the worst part, being frustrated and not being able to do nothing about it. With every month that comes, am hoping  finally am gonna get an interview, then nope still at NVC  

Timeline
10 hours ago, Dypie said:

I feel your pain ladies. I just submitted my documents  about 2 weeks ago and still waiting on NVC. Reading your posts make me understand how painful the entire process could be. Let's pray and hope the embassy stays open so things can start moving.

20 hours ago, Mmerant1 said:

There is, but, to schedule an interview is the same.

No its not.  Non-immigrant schedules themselves. Immigrant visas need to be scheduled by the DOS. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
1 hour ago, NikLR said:

No its not.  Non-immigrant schedules themselves. Immigrant visas need to be scheduled by the DOS.  

I’m not saying there’s no difference, but there’s a contraindication with the reasoning for them to not schedule the immigrant visa interview. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 3/6/2020 at 12:26 PM, Mmerant1 said:

She’s currently in Haiti, for non immigrant visa

I just called a friend who does immigration paperwork to find out if this is all was just us or across the board. He said during the shut down the system did stop for a few, however when the manifestation began over the lats months that really delay thing because all the consulates had to come back to state to wait for things to come down. As a result, it creates a long backlog. 

Haitians in Haiti, turning the country upside down are the reason for this. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, 4jacques said:

I just called a friend who does immigration paperwork to find out if this is all was just us or across the board. He said during the shut down the system did stop for a few, however when the manifestation began over the lats months that really delay thing because all the consulates had to come back to state to wait for things to come down. As a result, it creates a long backlog. 

Haitians in Haiti, turning the country upside down are the reason for this. 

This is sad and selfish! Thank you for the information.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, 4jacques said:

Oh 😳 what does that mean for us? I know that they permanently closed the office over there, so what happens next? I guess we just have to wait and see. Hopefully things pick up and keep going. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mmerant1 said:

Oh 😳 what does that mean for us? I know that they permanently closed the office over there, so what happens next? I guess we just have to wait and see. Hopefully things pick up and keep going. 

The office that closed doesn’t effect us..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Update

Our current congressional representative is on the short list as a potential pick for President Biden nomination. So they are on top of their businesses. I called this morning to find out what is going regarding the cased that were DQ but not getting interviewed. They informed me that there is a year wait backlogged and March 2019 is currently getting scheduled. With that said, any date prior to that should call their congressional representative. 

I hope this helps. 

Thank you 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, 4jacques said:

Update

Our current congressional representative is on the short list as a potential pick for President Biden nomination. So they are on top of their businesses. I called this morning to find out what is going regarding the cased that were DQ but not getting interviewed. They informed me that there is a year wait backlogged and March 2019 is currently getting scheduled. With that said, any date prior to that should call their congressional representative. 

I hope this helps. 

Thank you 

Wow!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.