Jekally

K1 visa in Haïti

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Jekally said:

Oh yeah I’m. I paid for the visa already just waiting for that p3 for my fiancé to go get his medical done. Everyone told me to do the medical  now, I don’t know 🤷‍♀️ I’m debating on that part.

I paid my visa fee also but you can’t get medical done with out the p3 letter 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

you paid for the visa application

the acutal visa fee is paid to the consulate

As of early 2019, the filing fees for the K-1 process were $535 for Form I-129F (filed with USCIS), $265 to apply for the K visa (paid to the consulate), and $1,225 for Form I-485 and the adjustment of status packet (filed with USCIS), including the biometrics fee.

3 hours ago, kris&me said:

As of early 2019, the filing fees for the K-1 process were $535 for Form I-129F (filed with USCIS), $265 to apply for the K visa (paid to the consulate), and $1,225 for Form I-485 and the adjustment of status packet (filed with USCIS), including the bio-metrics fee.

I'm trying to connect the dots here. How does this relate to a delayed application sitting at NVC waiting for instructions from the embassy in Haiti? Am I missing something.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
16 hours ago, Morgan17 said:

I am also about to file through Haiti for my fiance...is it possible to go through the embassy in the Dominican Republic or would he have to be considered a citizen of the DR?..the country is not in a good position and I'm afraid of what it might be like 6 months from now. 

You can not pick and choose what embassy you use. Is he a Haitian citizen and resident?

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Timeline
16 hours ago, Jekally said:

Wow when I call nvc they’re told me they sent to them they (Haiti embassy)should have received it already. Im getting surgery in December I wanted my fiancé to be here with me before my surgery. Man!

Unfortunately definitely won’t be here by then. Expect a long wait and be glad if it’s sooner.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Adjustment of Status

EAD

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Timeline
5 hours ago, kris&me said:

As of early 2019, the filing fees for the K-1 process were $535 for Form I-129F (filed with USCIS), $265 to apply for the K visa (paid to the consulate), and $1,225 for Form I-485 and the adjustment of status packet (filed with USCIS), including the biometrics fee.

I think @johnnyj IS referencing the visa fee. That has to be paid before the interview and before any documents are submitted to the embassy (packet 3 docs) I believe he has said it’s been paid at sogexpress in another post.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Adjustment of Status

EAD

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 3:46 PM, Jekally said:

Hello everyone, my fiancé’s  in Haiti we have our status stuck on “in transit “ since October the 1st, I’m getting really frustrated because our approval date on the I-797 is expired on December the 12 this year, I’m worried and stressed out, he already paid for the visa at the songexpress. Anybody please help we call every week to check they said the same thing to wait, I called nvc they have told me they sent it to them on October the first. Please help! Anybody who went through similar situation.

Hello,

I went thru something VERY similar to this situation. My NOW husband was in Haiti  (as my fiancé) when we got approved in may 2017. I called NVC and USCIS every week until they gave me a receipt number of my approval. Then I provided NVC with it and we were able to get his visa paid and set up an interview date to get him here. He entered the country in July of 2017 and we received the APPROVAL later in august.

Could you believe that ?? and the approval is only good for 90 days.

Long story short Call USCIS and NVC NOWWWWWWWW!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 12/11/2019 at 8:59 AM, Buttaflyzoe said:

Hello,

I went thru something VERY similar to this situation. My NOW husband was in Haiti  (as my fiancé) when we got approved in may 2017. I called NVC and USCIS every week until they gave me a receipt number of my approval. Then I provided NVC with it and we were able to get his visa paid and set up an interview date to get him here. He entered the country in July of 2017 and we received the APPROVAL later in august.

Could you believe that ?? and the approval is only good for 90 days.

Long story short Call USCIS and NVC NOWWWWWWWW!!!

Hello Everyone, I finally have an update it says it’s “ready” on the ceac website so excited. I didn’t received the email letter yet, when y’all think that I will have it? And about the interview date, do we select the interview date or they do? 

7 minutes ago, Jekally said:

Hello Everyone, I finally have an update it says it’s “ready” on the ceac website so excited. I didn’t received the email letter yet, when y’all think that I will have it? And about the interview date, do we select the interview date or they do? 

:time:

Your case file says "other" in your profile so for me and others it's hard to tell what you are applying for. We need a little housekeeping on your end. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

On 11/14/2019 at 11:02 PM, johnnyj said:

I paid my visa fee also but you can’t get medical done with out the p3 letter 

On 11/14/2019 at 11:25 PM, Jekally said:

Ok

Start by completing and submitting the DS-160. Print out the confirmation page. Then follow the instructions on how to pay your visa fee http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ht/ht-niv-paymentinfo.asp ) After you pay the fee at SogeExpress,  The next day you will be able to schedule the interview. From then once you have the confirmation sheet for your scheduled interview you can provide that to one of the listed DR's to schedule your medical. This link is very helpful http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Haiti&cty=Port-au-Prince   Also contact the embassy and have them email packet 3 to you but start the process as outlined above while you are waiting for the P3, although there is nothing special in it but you still need it for medical and apparently for the police certificate also because for some reason they ask for that the embassy letter to get you the certificate.

You probably won’t be able to get medical done without packet 3, the embassy will probably send it to you through mail or email depends on what info they have. What I recommend is call the embassy from the US it's +17035447842 and from Haiti +50928122929. When you call they will probably tell you if they have your case and will tell you to wait 2 weeks to call back if you don’t receive packet 3.  Or you can send an email to support-haiti@ustraveldocs.com what that will do is create an inquiry where they will answer in 1-2 days and most likely will send you packet 3 in that response. Just make sure you put case number, petitioner and beneficiary’s name, and birth date.  Just tell them you want the packet 3 by email and specify the email you want them to send it to in your email to them.

Medical is expensive and with vaccines, the cost is $440. The prices are listed on packet 3 and it is $265 without vaccines, but should always take with vaccines to save money later, because you will have to take them eventually and are way more expensive in the U.S. Check the P3 letter for updated costs.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Start by completing and submitting the DS-160. Print out the confirmation page. Then follow the instructions on how to pay your visa fee http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ht/ht-niv-paymentinfo.asp ) After you pay the fee at SogeExpress,  The next day you will be able to schedule the interview. From then once you have the confirmation sheet for your scheduled interview you can provide that to one of the listed DR's to schedule your medical. This link is very helpful http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Haiti&cty=Port-au-Prince   Also contact the embassy and have them email packet 3 to you but start the process as outlined above while you are waiting for the P3, although there is nothing special in it but you still need it for medical and apparently for the police certificate also because for some reason they ask for that the embassy letter to get you the certificate.

You probably won’t be able to get medical done without packet 3, the embassy will probably send it to you through mail or email depends on what info they have. What I recommend is call the embassy from the US it's +17035447842 and from Haiti +50928122929. When you call they will probably tell you if they have your case and will tell you to wait 2 weeks to call back if you don’t receive packet 3.  Or you can send an email to support-haiti@ustraveldocs.com what that will do is create an inquiry where they will answer in 1-2 days and most likely will send you packet 3 in that response. Just make sure you put case number, petitioner and beneficiary’s name, and birth date.  Just tell them you want the packet 3 by email and specify the email you want them to send it to in your email to them.

Medical is expensive and with vaccines, the cost is $440. The prices are listed on packet 3 and it is $265 without vaccines, but should always take with vaccines to save money later, because you will have to take them eventually and are way more expensive in the U.S. Check the P3 letter for updated costs.

Thank you so much, I did the ds 160 and paid the visa already. I followed your advice and your instructions: first I called they told me to wait for packet#3 I was like ok and then I emailed support-Haiti@ustraveldocs.com, now all I have to do is to wait.  😊 

thank you 🙏 

Edited by Jekally

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hello guys, now I’m super confused, I received a letter from the American Embassy in Haïti asking to send documents and proofs of our relationship but not the list of clinical places for the medical and shots. What do I do?

2 hours ago, Jekally said:

Hello guys, now I’m super confused, I received a letter from the American Embassy in Haïti asking to send documents and proofs of our relationship but not the list of clinical places for the medical and shots. What do I do?

Send documents and proofs of your relationship as requested. The other items will be collected at the interview. Everything is progressing normally and their is nothing to worry about.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
On 2/11/2020 at 3:11 AM, Greenbaum said:

Send documents and proofs of your relationship as requested. The other items will be collected at the interview. Everything is progressing normally and their is nothing to worry about.

Ok. Thank you 🙏 

Do you know how long it will takes  to hear from them after we send them off?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.