brown007

Open dates for interview Kiev

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi all,

My fiance just got her NOA2 and we are waiting for NVC to receive.

Did anybody recently book his or her interview in Kiev? 

Please what's the available date like?

And how long did you have to wait?

I was wondering if we can make it before Christmas 

Thanks 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, brown007 said:

Hi all,

My fiance just got her NOA2 and we are waiting for NVC to receive.

Did anybody recently book his or her interview in Kiev? 

Please what's the available date like?

And how long did you have to wait?

I was wondering if we can make it before Christmas 

Thanks 

It will be 1.5 to 2 months before it clears NVC so Christmas is highly unlikely.

YMMV

Timeline
21 minutes ago, payxibka said:

It will be 1.5 to 2 months before it clears NVC so Christmas is highly unlikely.

You mean it will K1 visa about 1.5 to 2 months to clear NVC?

I don't think that's right 

Edited by brown007

Timeline
5 minutes ago, brown007 said:

You mean it will K1 visa about 1.5 to 2 months to clear NVC?

I don't think that's right 

That is the current trend,  ours was 40 days and that was before the slow down.  Even at 30 days, Kyiv has typically been 6 to 8 weeks to get an interview 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
5 minutes ago, payxibka said:

That is the current trend,  ours was 40 days and that was before the slow down.  Even at 30 days, Kyiv has typically been 6 to 8 weeks to get an interview 

That's crazy 

My NOA2 is only valid till February 

Timeline
1 minute ago, brown007 said:

That's crazy 

All noa2 are valid for 4 months,  consulate will extend,  happens every day 

YMMV

Timeline

I thought NVC dosen't have much to do with K1. 

Just case number and it will be send to embassy 

It doesn't,  but they only ship files to the consulates every other week, so that is an automatic 2 weeks, plus it can take 2 weeks for uscis to send it to NVC 

YMMV

Timeline
8 minutes ago, payxibka said:

It doesn't,  but they only ship files to the consulates every other week, so that is an automatic 2 weeks, plus it can take 2 weeks for uscis to send it to NVC 

Ok thanks for all the infos

Timeline
14 minutes ago, payxibka said:

All noa2 are valid for 4 months,  consulate will extend,  happens every day 

So if my NOA2 expires, how can i extend it?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, brown007 said:

So if my NOA2 expires, how can i extend it?

Kyiv will do it automagically 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Many or most consulates will extend petition validity automatically, in 4-month increments for up to a year.

Regardless, it's advisable to e-mail the consulate with your information and a request to extend validity.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
4 hours ago, brown007 said:

That's crazy 

I think an interview in February is doable,  just highly unlikely by Christmas 

YMMV

Timeline
41 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I think an interview in February is doable,  just highly unlikely by Christmas 

Ok fingers crossed 

So let's so if it's didn't happen and the embassy already received my package from NVC, how many days/weeks in advance should i email to request for extension?

Timeline

Ok fingers crossed 

So let's so if it's didn't happen and the embassy already received my package from NVC, how many days/weeks in advance should i email to request for extension?

I would think just a couple of weeks in advance since that seems like about the amount of time it takes to get a response 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.