Blinda

Doubts about returning to the US with a student visa at the same institution.

13 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have questions about my F1 student visa.
I studied for four months and now I'm in Brazil, about a month, but I would like to go back to the same school. I wonder if I need to do a new interview even if I have a four year visa.
In fact, I am confused because I was informed that my visa would need to go through a review, but I have no idea what it would be like. I am looking for more information, I would like to know how this review works. Would anyone know inform me about this? Or has anyone been through something similar? The last information I received from the school was that everything is fine with my visa, I just need to pay SEVIS fee again and get a new I-20 and enter the US normally.

Edited by Blinda

To be clear, I DO think that the school representative is correct, but it is not the school representative who will decide whether I am admitted into the USA. Before buying a plane ticket and going to the USA, I need to know from the source that everything is in order, and there is doubt about that because the agency responsible for receiving payment and enrolling me in the classes seems to believe my visa won't work.

Why do you have an agency taking payment and enrolling you in classes? Why are you not doing it directly with the school? Is it some kind of special course? I’m not really understanding the situation. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is it a legitimate school? Why would you not still be enrolled after four months, if you were admitted to a degree program?

Sounds possibly like one of those for-profit F-1 scams.

On 11/6/2019 at 2:58 PM, Blinda said:

Well, it turns out that through the agency I have a discount, than closing directly with the school. that's how the program works, they have regional partners, you know?

This doesn't sound right.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Danny10 said:

There are places that help secure admissions in US Colleges. These places help with meeting any prerequisites(courses).

As I understand, you're paying significantly more, and have to maintain a certain grade/gpa..

You always have to maintain a certain gpa to remain in college.

some of these places that “help secure admissions” in US colleges are visa mill scams. Sometimes with and sometimes without the direct knowledge of the individual involved. Good way to get deported and never get another visa to the US. Hope that’s not what OP was involved in.

wonder what did happen to OP?

Timeline
21 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

You always have to maintain a certain gpa to remain in college.

some of these places that “help secure admissions” in US colleges are visa mill scams. Sometimes with and sometimes without the direct knowledge of the individual involved. Good way to get deported and never get another visa to the US. Hope that’s not what OP was involved in.

wonder what did happen to OP?

When you're desperate to enter the US, sometimes you forget to do basic research. I find it hard to believe a foreign student got a discount.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Danny10 said:

When you're desperate to enter the US, sometimes you forget to do basic research. I find it hard to believe a foreign student got a discount.

If they are paying an agency instead of the school directly then they are always paying a premium. Basically impossible for there to be a “discount“. Sounds like someone is getting scammed. Next thing there is going to be a fee for the “visa review”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.