brown007

Proof of income

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

In March in Kiev at K1 interview we did it with tax return + pay stubs. In fact, I don't even remember the interviewing officer looking at them, merely the lady who took the documents before the interview and immediately pushed the whole pile back. Now we filed for AOS and my son had an RFE regarding his I-864 requesting household corrected and tax documents with all exhibits filed again (not precisely TT). We filed the same 1040 for 2018 for the third time, added new pay stubs accumulated after filing I-485, recalculated the household number and were considered good to be interview ready. Yes, there are rare cases but the best way is to follow what the instructions say, be it A+B or A or B. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
44 minutes ago, HP+IC said:

In March in Kiev at K1 interview we did it with tax return + pay stubs. In fact, I don't even remember the interviewing officer looking at them, merely the lady who took the documents before the interview and immediately pushed the whole pile back. Now we filed for AOS and my son had an RFE regarding his I-864 requesting household corrected and tax documents with all exhibits filed again (not precisely TT). We filed the same 1040 for 2018 for the third time, added new pay stubs accumulated after filing I-485, recalculated the household number and were considered good to be interview ready. Yes, there are rare cases but the best way is to follow what the instructions say, be it A+B or A or B. 

Ok good we will have to get my Joint-Sponsor tax return with some pay stub 

Thanks 

Timeline

We used Tax Transcripts for both Kyiv interview and I-864 later for AoS. Had no issues and no RFE. I, personally, find it a lot easier to get PDF download from a website and print it out then try to deal with HR to get pay stubs and whatnot. Also heard numerous stories with 1040s being rejected on I-864 stage. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Shiran said:

We used Tax Transcripts for both Kyiv interview and I-864 later for AoS. Had no issues and no RFE. I, personally, find it a lot easier to get PDF download from a website and print it out then try to deal with HR to get pay stubs and whatnot. Also heard numerous stories with 1040s being rejected on I-864 stage. 

So do you think if i use my 2018 tax transcript (even though i don't make enough)

Plus letter from my employer showing my annual salary 

i have a new job now and i make ABOVE  the POVERTY level.

You think Kyiv will be ok with that? 

Timeline
10 hours ago, brown007 said:

At what stage do we file I-864?

AOS?

Yes. 

With regards to using Tax Transcripts vs other things. I've never heard of someone getting RFE solely because they used Tax Transcripts. I have heard of people who got RFEs because they used 1040, especially during AoS/I-864 stage. Now your situation is a bit more complicated as it sounds you were not making enough in 2018, but will be making more in 2019, so in that case bringing paystubs certainly seems like a good idea. I cannot tell you what will happen during interview. For us, they barely glanced on I-134, and had no question about finances, but I've also eavesdropped on another family where officer explicitly said "I do not under how you will be able to live there with this income" That was not a K-1 visa though, as entire family was travelling there. 

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Shiran said:

Yes. 

With regards to using Tax Transcripts vs other things. I've never heard of someone getting RFE solely because they used Tax Transcripts. I have heard of people who got RFEs because they used 1040, especially during AoS/I-864 stage. Now your situation is a bit more complicated as it sounds you were not making enough in 2018, but will be making more in 2019, so in that case bringing paystubs certainly seems like a good idea. I cannot tell you what will happen during interview. For us, they barely glanced on I-134, and had no question about finances, but I've also eavesdropped on another family where officer explicitly said "I do not under how you will be able to live there with this income" That was not a K-1 visa though, as entire family was travelling there. 

Thanks

I know i did had this conversation with Greenbaum and he said the CO care more about my current status. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.