Nafis8

New I-693 to resubmit AOS package

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Today I got my AOS package back from USCIS due to missing pages in all of the submitted forms (I-485, I-131, I-765 and even in I-864 Affidavit of Support). 

I don't know who to blame in this and it's useless now..

After reading posts here for more than 2 hours I was unlucky to find an answer to the question that is bothering me. 

The package I got back from USCIS was all reorganized and stapled in some weird way. I found out that I can send it back the same way they sent it to me.

But the thing is that the sealed envelope I got from civil surgeon with I-693 was opened and stapled to other papers.

Should I go back to civil surgeon and get a new sealed one? or I can just send opened one back?

Thank you!

31 minutes ago, Nafisa Zaripova said:

the thing is that the sealed envelope I got from civil surgeon with I-693 was opened and stapled to other papers.

Should I go back to civil surgeon and get a new sealed one? or I can just send opened one back?

I recommend to not send one in now. Go to the civil surgeon after you receive the interview notice and take the sealed results to the interview: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-4

Applicants may submit the Form I-693 medical examination report to USCIS:

• Concurrently with the immigration benefit application; or
  • At any time after filing the immigration benefit application but before USCIS finalizes adjudication of that application. If not submitted simultaneously with the immigration benefit application, applicants may bring the medical examination report to an interview or wait until USCIS issues an RFE requesting the medical examination report.

Timeline
11 hours ago, HRQX said:

I recommend to not send one in now. Go to the civil surgeon after you receive the interview notice and take the sealed results to the interview: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-4

Thank you for your response!

So just to unstaple it from the other papers it came together?..It's just very confusing.

I've found that all papers has some kind of printed numbers and codes at the bottom of pages and so does the envelope. May be if I send it back the way it is, those numbers and codes will be an evidence of that they opened it but not me? 

• 2 months later...
On 10/31/2019 at 11:02 AM, Nafis8 said:

So just to unstaple it from the other papers it came together?..It's just very confusing.

I've found that all papers has some kind of printed numbers and codes at the bottom of pages and so does the envelope. May be if I send it back the way it is, those numbers and codes will be an evidence of that they opened it but not me? 

did you submit the medicals as they sent back to you or did you submit medicals in a new envelope that was sealed ? any update on your case ?

duh

Timeline
8 hours ago, Donald120383 said:

did you submit the medicals as they sent back to you or did you submit medicals in a new envelope that was sealed ? any update on your case ?

Hi! I sent it back the same way I got it from USCIS. Just added missing papers. And got my NOA in a week after they received it

On 10/31/2019 at 11:02 AM, Nafis8 said:

did you get a new receipt number when you refiled your AOS or they used the first receipt number and changed status as accepted ?

duh

Timeline
16 hours ago, Donald120383 said:

did you get a new receipt number when you refiled your AOS or they used the first receipt number and changed status as accepted ?

They gave totally new receipt number

14 hours ago, HRQX said:

Usually when the USCIS Lockbox rejects a filing there isn't a receipt number.

They still give a receipt number to a case when it's rejected

Timeline
1 minute ago, HRQX said:

Note I said "usually" not always.

I don't know what you mean by that but i just clarified that I got receipt numbers. Because they still take a look at the case and register it in their system

13 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Note I said "usually" not always.

There must be different levels of rejection in the system. Some cases might be straight up rejected for wrong version of form/ fee where they cannot accept the application while others might be sent back for missing documents ( more like partial rejection)

Edited by Donald120383

duh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.