E&A0221

NVC - What's normal and what isn't?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Two questions re the NVC:

1) Does anyone ever answer the phone? I've been on hold an hour and a half, and I called at 7:10 am. Is this usual? Should I just hang up?

2) My file was sent by USCIS to the NVC on Oct 3. What type of notification (if any) do I get that it's received? Is there just nothing until the case number is assigned, or do I get a "hey, we have your file, watch out for your case #?"

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, E&A0221 said:

Hi everyone,

Two questions re the NVC:

1) Does anyone ever answer the phone? I've been on hold an hour and a half, and I called at 7:10 am. Is this usual? Should I just hang up?

2) My file was sent by USCIS to the NVC on Oct 3. What type of notification (if any) do I get that it's received? Is there just nothing until the case number is assigned, or do I get a "hey, we have your file, watch out for your case #?"

Thank you!

1. Of course there are people there. 1:30 is kinda long-ish. Maybe try again later.

2. No there is no notification until the welcome letter. The only thing you can do is call them and they can confirm they have the case or not. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, USS_Voyager said:

1. Of course there are people there. 1:30 is kinda long-ish. Maybe try again later.

2. No there is no notification until the welcome letter. The only thing you can do is call them and they can confirm they have the case or not. 

Thanks USS_Voyager. This is the first time I've even gotten in the queue - the other 10 times  I've called they've said everyone is busy and to try later. Just tried from my landline and got the same message, so I'm hoping it means my cell phone is somewhere in the queue and someone will eventually get to me. 

Fingers crossed!

3 minutes ago, E&A0221 said:

Thanks USS_Voyager. This is the first time I've even gotten in the queue - the other 10 times  I've called they've said everyone is busy and to try later. Just tried from my landline and got the same message, so I'm hoping it means my cell phone is somewhere in the queue and someone will eventually get to me. 

Fingers crossed!

Good Luck!

Timeline
Just now, USS_Voyager said:

Good Luck!

After an hour and 46 minutes they disconnected my call without me speaking to someone and now I can't get back in the queue. What a way to test a person's sanity... tomorrow, I guess! 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, marahm18 said:

Try right at 7 AM. That's when they open and I've usually been able to get through pretty quickly. 

I'm going to set my alarm for sure. I called at 7:10 and obviously that was too late!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.