4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi, i just filed a couple of weeks ago for AOS along with AP and EAD. I am not worried about receiving noa 1 as I know it could take a month but im also planning my wedding in my home country in april 2020 but im worried i might not receive AP by then. Has anyone had any experience expediting their process for AP? or left the US without the AP in hand? Since my husband will be going only for a few days for the wedding and some weeks later than the date I plan on leaving I thought he could bring me the AP in case it arrives while im gone so I would still having upon return. Considering it will be 6 months after i filed. 

I know theres no way on knowing when I will receive it considering process timelines are increasing lately from what I read but just wanted to know if anyone had a similar experience. I am considering moving the wedding for May so I at least have an extra month.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Grecia said:

Hi, i just filed a couple of weeks ago for AOS along with AP and EAD. I am not worried about receiving noa 1 as I know it could take a month but im also planning my wedding in my home country in april 2020 but im worried i might not receive AP by then. Has anyone had any experience expediting their process for AP? or left the US without the AP in hand? Since my husband will be going only for a few days for the wedding and some weeks later than the date I plan on leaving I thought he could bring me the AP in case it arrives while im gone so I would still having upon return. Considering it will be 6 months after i filed. 

I know theres no way on knowing when I will receive it considering process timelines are increasing lately from what I read but just wanted to know if anyone had a similar experience. I am considering moving the wedding for May so I at least have an extra month.

Thanks!

It needs to be approved before you leave 

YMMV

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

You can only expedite for certain reasons.   USCIS will not expedite AP for a party.  USCIS will not care.  People who left without AP have their cases automatically denied even if they make it back into the US for their interview.

You've been told that if you leave without AP in hand, your case will automatically be denied.  

What people have done in your position is have their "wedding" about a year after filing to adjust status in the US.  

With your current plan of being right on the mark, you are taking a risk that you may not have AP in time.   

Patience is a virtue.  

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

As others have mentioned, you would do well to NOT leave the US without the AP document in your possession. Suggest that you reschedule/postpone your out-of-country celebration/party until such time as you have your travel authorization in your hand. To do otherwise, is akin to taking a roll with the dice. It is never good to plan any type of event in the middle of active immigration proceedings, there always seem to be some issue that complicates the issue and could jeopardize your immigration status.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.