AjT1

Changing to administrative processing

8 posts in this topic

Just wondering if this is normal... 

I had my interview on Friday, October 18th, and I was approved. I've checked the CEAC website today and my case has been updated today, October 21st, but it still says that it's ready for interview. Is this normal? I though the next update would say something about administrative processing or something? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ryan interviewed on a Friday.
Ryan’s case was updated on Friday and stayed at “ready” until Monday mid morning. 
It than changed to “Administrative Processing” until Tuesday at the end of day. 
Tuesday night it said “Issued” and Ryan had his Visa in hand Thursday. 

Yes, normal but obviously every case is different and yours may vary a bit from ours when going through each step. 

Edited by Sarah n Ryan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

The date on the status tracker is updated by you checking it. Given that it was Friday you interview, I'd see how things go today, or possibly tomorrow.

Mine went:

2019-10-15 - Interview.
2019-10-16 at 08:04 - Status changed to 'Administrative Processing'.
2019-10-16 at 14:00 - Status changed to 'Issued'.
2019-10-17 at 14:35 - Received email with a tracking number and saying the passport with the visa was dispatched.
2019-10-18 - Called DX Couriers as I was in a rural area and the status of the tracking number said: "Your item has been sent via 3rd party. Please contact your service provider." - They told me they sent it via Royal Mail Special Delivery that morning. It took a while to register but at 15:40 it was in the South Midlands Mail Centre.
2019-10-19 at 10:04 - Received the delivery.

Edited by Kris & Crystal

1 hour ago, Kris & Crystal said:

The date on the status tracker is updated by you checking it. Given that it was Friday you interview, I'd see how things go today, or possibly tomorrow.

Mine went:

2019-10-15 - Interview.
2019-10-16 at 08:04 - Status changed to 'Administrative Processing'.
2019-10-16 at 14:00 - Status changed to 'Issued'.
2019-10-17 at 14:35 - Received email with a tracking number and saying the passport with the visa was dispatched.
2019-10-18 - Called DX Couriers as I was in a rural area and the status of the tracking number said: "Your item has been sent via 3rd party. Please contact your service provider." - They told me they sent it via Royal Mail Special Delivery that morning. It took a while to register but at 15:40 it was in the South Midlands Mail Centre.
2019-10-19 at 10:04 - Received the delivery.

Thanks for the information! It's changed to administrative processing now. So I'm happy that they haven't forgotten about it! Haha 

16 hours ago, AjT1 said:

Thanks for the information! It's changed to administrative processing now. So I'm happy that they haven't forgotten about it! Haha 

It’ll probably be issued today, maybe tomorrow. We’re very lucky that AP for UK nationals is normally quick.

25 minutes ago, AjT1 said:

Yeah, it's just been issued! I guess I'll have my passport back by the end of the week. 

It will 🎉🎊👍🏻

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.