LynetteMN

Filing I-751 November 2019

23 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, anyone starting to file their I751 for the month of November? I have a question on the address change.. Hope someone can help me out.. me and my husband used to stay with my parents in law when we filed for our I485 but we moved before I received my PR card, which was in January 2018. But we didn't change our address until recently.. Now we are ready to submit our I751 with the new address and it requires the lease agreement records which starts in 2018.. Will it be a problem?

And also we rented an apartment and the lease only has my husbands name on it.. does it matter?

Please advise.. 

Edited by LyRoMN

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi LyRoMN!  You can call USCIS to verify that your address has been changed.  I would do that before you file your I-751.

As far as the lease is concerned - that might be a little more problematic.  You are trying to prove that you are co-mingling your lives and your finances - and with only your husband's name on the lease - that does not support co-mingling.

In some states, if you are not on the lease, you are not "legally" able to inhabit the apartment.  So you might want to get a note from your landlord staying that you are allowed to live there with your husband.  I am not sure why you would have only one person on the lease - but the note will help your case.

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Hi Sukie,

Thanks for your response!

Yeah, I was asking my husband is my name included in the lease and he said no.. then I told him to give me a copy of it, and my name is right there!! 😑

Now I'm actually worried on the dates, because we didn't change the address immediately.

I actually submitted online change of address beginning of this year and have not received any response on that.. and I just received a reminder letter at my parents in law's place so I guess it was not changed in their system.. So I submitted again online last week.. Do you think i should still call them?

Lynette

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, LyRoMN said:

Hi Sukie,

Yeah, I was asking my husband is my name included in the lease and he said no.. then I told him to give me a copy of it, and my name is right there!! 😑

Now I'm actually worried on the dates, because we didn't change the address immediately.

I actually submitted online change of address beginning of this year and have not received any response on that.. and I just received a reminder letter at my parents in law's place so I guess it was not changed in their system.. So I submitted again online last week.. Do you think i should still call them?

Lynette

I would call them to verify your new address.  Glad you are on the lease!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

2 hours ago, LyRoMN said:

Hi Sukie,

Lynette

If you don't have pending case, you dont need to tell USCIS your changed address until filing i-751. Because you must list all your address since your condition green card begun until now

Edited by Ku Mưa

5 hours ago, LyRoMN said:

Hi Ku Mura,

Thanks for your input.

Do you mean that i don't have to be worried on the address change?

Lynette

In fact calling them without having a pending case doesn’t help. They need a pending case in order to verify an address change. 
I changed my address online and the reminder letter still went to my old address. I then filed my I-751 with my new address on it and listed the old address under previous addresses and my receipt notice finally came to my new address. 

19 hours ago, LyRoMN said:

Hi Ku Mura,

Thanks for your input.

Do you mean that i don't have to be worried on the address change?

Lynette

No, you don't worry about that. The same as me, i moved twice, change address online but they still sending reminder filling i-751 to old address. Before filing i-751 i did not tell them address changed until filing my case. i filed Sep 2019, got 18 months extension already and still waiting for next step.

Good luck with your case.

Edited by Ku Mưa

Hi Ku Mura,

Noted with many thanks!

I wish you best of luck too! Have you heard anything back on your biometric screening or interview yet?

I'm a little anxious actually.. I'm travelling in January 2020.. Hopefully I will get my extension letter before that.. ** fingers crossed**

4 minutes ago, LyRoMN said:

Hi Ku Mura,

Noted with many thanks!

I wish you best of luck too! Have you heard anything back on your biometric screening or interview yet?

I'm a little anxious actually.. I'm travelling in January 2020.. Hopefully I will get my extension letter before that.. ** fingers crossed**

You will received before that. It won't take long to send you extension.

4 hours ago, LyRoMN said:

Hi Californiansunset,

Thanks for the information!

That's really a relieve to know. What is your status for I751 now? is it still pending?

Thanks Lynette

My I-751 got accepted and I received my 18 months extension letter to my new address. 

6 hours ago, LyRoMN said:

Hi Californiansunset,

That's great news! Good luck on your application!!

Hope you will hear something back from them soon!

Thanks a lot. Same for you! 🤗

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Although changing the address shouldn't affect you i751 application, you DO have to update any address change within 10 days.. Here is the quote

"Yes, you are supposed to tell U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) every time you move to a new address. Almost all non-U.S. citizens who are in the U.S. are required to give USCIS their new address within 10 days of moving."

K1 Journey Begins

NOA1 on March 3, 2016

NOA2 on May 26, 2016

NVC Rcvd Case June 13, 2016

NVC Case and Rcpt # June 16, 2016

Case to Embassy June 16, 2016

Case Ready at Embassy June 20, 2016

Lab July 8 for minor and July 11, 2016 for Fiance

Medical July 11, 2016

Biometrics ACS July 12, 2016

Interview Approved July 14, 2016

Visa Issued via DHL July 16

Visa Arrived July 1

POE September 23, 2016 JFK

Marriage !!!!!!!!!!!! September 30, 2016

Next Step AOS..........

• November 12, 2016 - Express mail to Chicago Lockbox
  • December 5, 2016 - Electronic Notifiaction for AOS, rcvd 11/15
  • December 11, 2016 - NOA1 for EAD, 765 and 485, also accepted fingerprint fee.
  • December 28, 2016 - Biometrics
  • February 14 - EAD  & Advanced Parole Approved and being mailed. 
  • May 4 2017. Approved without interview, Card being Produced
  • May 7, 2017 recvd approval for i485
  • May 10 2017 rcvd Green Cards in mail.!!
  • Next step in 20 months to remove conditions.

Removal of Conditions Begins by end of first week of February

• February 5, 2019   - Printing package;
  • February 11, 2019 - ROC package mailed;
  • February 13, 2019 - Package delivered to Dallas Tx;
  • February 15, 2019 - Credit Card Charged;
  • February 19, 2019 - Electronic Notification Rec'd, Case Location LIN - Nebraska;
  • February 21, 2019 - Received NOA with 18 month extension for wife ONLY, not 14yo dependent who is on application;
  • March 12, 2019      - Notified USCIS that we never rcvd i797 for 14 yo minor, they provided a case # and submitted a Svc Request
  • May 2.2019             -  No forward motion, we called again and despite there was an officer assigned to this service request nothing happened/ no extension. We filed an InfoPass and have an appointment for Monday 6th for passport stamp.
  • May 6, 2019 - Attended InfoPass appointment in Philadelphia local USCIS local office for 930. This was for a never rcvd 797 for our 14yo dependent. Arrived 9:15, not crowded at all. No extra photos or fingerprint taken. We were in the car (lots of parking available) at 945. Pleasant female officer, she updated and checked for no changes. Stamped passport, explained is valid for 1 year. The took the green card which expired 5/4/19. No issues or problems.. I asked about the non receipt and she said it's pretty common.. 
  • August 23 - Biometrics NOA, scheduled for 9/3 @1pm
  • September 3 - Biometrics
  • September 4 -Fingerprint Review was completed
  • January 8 - ROC, Card Being Processed, Citizenship is next!
  • January 15 2020  - Cards Delivered

N400 Citizenship :)

• November 28, 2020     - N400 Filed online and paid via CC
  • November 28, 2020     - NOA received electronically

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.