Jess29

almost 3 months waiting for santo domingo interview

103 posts in this topic

HAS ANYONE RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTERS FOR SANTO DOMINGO FOR CR-1 FOR NOVEMBER OR DECEMBER YET ? MY CC IS 8/6 AND STILL NO INTERVIEW NO NOTHING. SO FUSTRATING 

ANY ONE WITH UPDATES PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LET ME KNOW 

THANK YOU 

1 hour ago, Denn said:

My cc is 7/25 and still nothing! I’m not sure what’s going on buts it’s ridiculous already. 

Its very ridiculous 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

2 hours ago, Flor894 said:

I agree,

CC 07/19

This is crazy i feel like im never going to have my family complete 😔

My CC 9/30 so if you guys haven’t received interview I guessing I won’t receive one till next year 🤦🏽‍♀️ 

I tried calling the other day but its a dead end. If you read the list of the appointments at the embassy you can see that most of the appointments are for old cases and by that I mean the people on the limited visa category. I don't know where but I read that they were going to work all the F2A visas that's why they all say C in the visa bulletin. I don't know what's going on at the embassy. Try an see if you have a friend who works and the embassy that can tell you what's going on? 

- January 18: Documents delivered to Chicago Lockbox

-January 22: Case Submitted

-January 23: Last Update

-January 28: NOA1 arrived on the mail. 

24 minutes ago, Denn said:

Does anyone have any updates!? Still waiting on a interview 

Nothing. The embassy still has the old list...

- January 18: Documents delivered to Chicago Lockbox

-January 22: Case Submitted

-January 23: Last Update

-January 28: NOA1 arrived on the mail. 

1 hour ago, Denn said:

Nope . Still waiting 😔 . I have honestly lost hope on getting an interview this year. 

Well pretty much all hopes for a November interview are pretty much lost since we're approaching end of October now. Hopefully December will be the month. Thing is, in December the DR is pretty much in Christmas mode which means a slowdown in productivity, including I'm assuming US embassy as well. Hopefully that's not the case, but I've seen it firsthand everywhere in December. 

End of the year crunch time. Happens all the time. We start seeing people itching to get their cases complete so their loved one is here in time for the holidays.

I always get the song "Please come home for Christmas" in my head when I see the hustle starts. Particularly the lines ..

"Please come home for Christmas.

Please come home for Christmas.
If not for Christmas, by New Year's night."

Hope it works out for everyone. But bear in mind that things get really bogged down in Nov and Dec.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

On 10/22/2019 at 11:39 AM, Melissa&Julio said:

Nope . Still waiting 😔 . I have honestly lost hope on getting an interview this year. 

On 10/22/2019 at 11:02 AM, Cayacoa said:

Nothing. The embassy still has the old list...

On 10/22/2019 at 10:38 AM, Denn said:

On 10/21/2019 at 7:59 AM, Jess29 said:

Case complete

OK, so I've tried calling US Embassy in SD today and was directed by automated system to email the US travel docs email (support-dominicanrepublic@ustraveldocs.com). I emailed them this

Hello,

I am inquiring about CR1/IR1 Visa Interview appointment availability. I was told to send an email to this address in regards to my wife's case. Her case was complete September 11th 2019 and still has not received any correspondence regarding an interview. CR/IR1 Visas for spouses of US Citizens I assumed are higher priority, so this is very strange for the long delay to schedule an interview. 

NVC Case Number - redacted
Passport number - redacted

Thank y ou,
Jeremy (petitioner) 

I got this in response 

Dear New Portal User:

Your US Travel Documents Customer Portal username and password information is below.

To access the online system, enter your username and password into the log-in page. Be sure to enter the two CAPTCHA words exactly as they appear on the screen to validate your information.

Thank you,

US Travel Documents Customer Support
https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/

Username: redacted 
Password: redacted 

So I'm like, oook and I login to the site with this info. 

There's a link to to input the visa information and asks you if it's immigrsnr/non-immigrant, passport number, case number, ds-260 confirmation number, where you want you passport with visa delivered in the DR (courier) and finally comes a list of open availability at the VAC. So I don't know what I should do, just leave this alone or schedule an appointment at the VAC and see what happens. I mean through entering the info it asked what type of visa they are applying for and it had cr1/ir1 category which Is weird. I always thought this website was for non-immigrant visas only such as fiancee or travel. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.