Jess29

almost 3 months waiting for santo domingo interview

103 posts in this topic

Adding to this, 

I just now got a response from them. Stating that if her case still says "At NVC" to contact them about it and when it says ready to contact them back. 

Email I got 

Dear Applicant:

We understand that you are inquiring about the interview date.

Please be informed that you have to check the status of your case first through the Department of State's Website.

Visit https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/. Under “Immigrant”, click “Check My Visa Application Status” and key in your case number.

Once the status is "Ready" please contact us again for the next step of your case. However, if the status is "At NVC", you may contact them directly through this number 603-334-0700.

You can visit our website for more information: www.ustraveldocs.com/do.

Please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/gss_dominicanrepublic to share feedback on the services we provide.

Sincerely,
U.S. Visa Service Desk

My wife's case still says AT NVC. So I will be making a call I guess. 

36 minutes ago, suarezj519 said:

OK, so I've tried calling US Embassy in SD today and was directed by automated system to email the US travel docs email (support-dominicanrepublic@ustraveldocs.com). I emailed them this

Hello,

I am inquiring about CR1/IR1 Visa Interview appointment availability. I was told to send an email to this address in regards to my wife's case. Her case was complete September 11th 2019 and still has not received any correspondence regarding an interview. CR/IR1 Visas for spouses of US Citizens I assumed are higher priority, so this is very strange for the long delay to schedule an interview. 

NVC Case Number - redacted
Passport number - redacted

Thank y ou,
Jeremy (petitioner) 

I got this in response 

Dear New Portal User:

Your US Travel Documents Customer Portal username and password information is below.

To access the online system, enter your username and password into the log-in page. Be sure to enter the two CAPTCHA words exactly as they appear on the screen to validate your information.

Thank you,

US Travel Documents Customer Support
https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/

Username: redacted 
Password: redacted 

So I'm like, oook and I login to the site with this info. 

There's a link to to input the visa information and asks you if it's immigrsnr/non-immigrant, passport number, case number, ds-260 confirmation number, where you want you passport with visa delivered in the DR (courier) and finally comes a list of open availability at the VAC. So I don't know what I should do, just leave this alone or schedule an appointment at the VAC and see what happens. I mean through entering the info it asked what type of visa they are applying for and it had cr1/ir1 category which Is weird. I always thought this website was for non-immigrant visas only such as fiancee or travel. 

I called another number that the call center at the embassy gave me. When I called that number (which I don't remember what department it was but it had something to do with Visa) the lady explained to me that this is the "perfil" or profile for the fingerprints and something else that I can't remember. Long story short this doesn't do anything to speed up the process.

I was able to find a document from the OIG. they Inspected the Embassy and the report was published in July 2019. I'm not done reading it but they gave the Embassy 21 recommendations. The OIG noticed that the consular staff didn't have appropriate training and there was a lack of staff for key positions.

So based on this inspection one might think that they are lacking staff.

The embassy is currently working with all the F2A visas according to the visa Bulletin.

I've also read around here that the embassy is marked at "high fraud". So they are being more strict 

Long story short one can come to the conclusion that they are lacking staff and have a whole bunch of cases.....

Edit*: nonetheless let's try and see if this "perfil" actually does something for us. 

Edited by Cayacoa

- January 18: Documents delivered to Chicago Lockbox

-January 22: Case Submitted

-January 23: Last Update

-January 28: NOA1 arrived on the mail. 

1 minute ago, Cayacoa said:

I called another number that the call center at the embassy gave me. When I called that number (which I don't remember what department it was but it had something to do with Visa) the lady explained to me that this is the "perfil" or profile for the fingerprints and something else that I can't remember. Long story short this doesn't do anything to speed up the process.

I was able to find a document from the OIG. they Inspected the Embassy and the report was published in July 2019. I'm not done reading it but they gave the Embassy 21 recommendations. The OIG noticed that the consular staff didn't have appropriate training and there was a lack of staff for key positions.

The embassy is currently working with all the F2A visas according to the visa Bulletin.

I've also read around here that the embassy is marked at "high fraud". So they are being more strict 

Long story short one can come to the conclusion that they are lacking staff and have a whole bunch of cases.....

Thank you for this info 

3 minutes ago, suarezj519 said:

Thank you for this info 

Here you'll find the document.

https://www.stateoig.gov/reports/10521

21 minutes ago, Cayacoa said:

Edit*: nonetheless let's try and see if this "perfil" actually does something for us. 

Well the thing is I don't want to schedule a VAC appointment and screw things up haha. I think I'll call NVC first and ask why her status doesn't say "ready" yet and still "at nvc". When I first called about this the Rep said even though it says at nvc it means it's completed and ready. So I'll see I guess. If any miracle, there'll be an interview in December but I'm highly doubtful now. 

32 minutes ago, suarezj519 said:

Well the thing is I don't want to schedule a VAC appointment and screw things up haha. I think I'll call NVC first and ask why her status doesn't say "ready" yet and still "at nvc". When I first called about this the Rep said even though it says at nvc it means it's completed and ready. So I'll see I guess. If any miracle, there'll be an interview in December but I'm highly doubtful now. 

What do you mean by "Screw things up" 

It is my understanding that People who request to have their cases Expedited and are approved, have to select the date themselves. You also mentioned something about "Available appointments" Do you mean that you have to wait until the embassy has available spots? 

12 minutes ago, Cayacoa said:

What do you mean by "Screw things up" 

It is my understanding that People who request to have their cases Expedited and are approved, have to select the date themselves. You also mentioned something about "Available appointments" Do you mean that you have to wait until the embassy has available spots? 

When I emailed the US travel documents email after being directed there by the SD Embassy to do so, I got the first response with a login made for me. I logged in and saw there was section to fill out the beneficiary info and the final page has a selection of dates on calender that are available for biometrics at Galeria 360. I just got off the phone with an obviously very rude agent  who just gave me scripted responses. But she said that with that not to schedule a VAC appointment before getting your visa interview letter due to not knowing when interview will be and the biometric appointment would maybe be expired during that time requiring to do it again before the interview. She also said anyone who has "ready" or at embassy should have gotten an interview letter. She said "at nvc" means it's ready for an interview to get scheduled (which I know). She seemed like she just wanted me off the phone with giving one word answers, I'd call again but I'm not waiting another hour to get connected to someone else haha. 

23 minutes ago, suarezj519 said:

When I emailed the US travel documents email after being directed there by the SD Embassy to do so, I got the first response with a login made for me. I logged in and saw there was section to fill out the beneficiary info and the final page has a selection of dates on calender that are available for biometrics at Galeria 360. I just got off the phone with an obviously very rude agent  who just gave me scripted responses. But she said that with that not to schedule a VAC appointment before getting your visa interview letter due to not knowing when interview will be and the biometric appointment would maybe be expired during that time requiring to do it again before the interview. She also said anyone who has "ready" or at embassy should have gotten an interview letter. She said "at nvc" means it's ready for an interview to get scheduled (which I know). She seemed like she just wanted me off the phone with giving one word answers, I'd call again but I'm not waiting another hour to get connected to someone else haha. 

Yeah this is pretty much what the lady and that phone number that the embassy gave me said. That this login is for the biometrics Oh and the picture(<- i guess).

I was checking the profiles of the people who got approved and the people who will have an appointment and by my calculations, the embassy is taking 2 to 3 months to inform you the date of the interview, how long have you been waiting? 

2 hours ago, suarezj519 said:

OK, so I've tried calling US Embassy in SD today and was directed by automated system to email the US travel docs email (support-dominicanrepublic@ustraveldocs.com). I emailed them this

Hello,

I am inquiring about CR1/IR1 Visa Interview appointment availability. I was told to send an email to this address in regards to my wife's case. Her case was complete September 11th 2019 and still has not received any correspondence regarding an interview. CR/IR1 Visas for spouses of US Citizens I assumed are higher priority, so this is very strange for the long delay to schedule an interview. 

NVC Case Number - redacted
Passport number - redacted

Thank y ou,
Jeremy (petitioner) 

I got this in response 

Dear New Portal User:

Your US Travel Documents Customer Portal username and password information is below.

To access the online system, enter your username and password into the log-in page. Be sure to enter the two CAPTCHA words exactly as they appear on the screen to validate your information.

Thank you,

US Travel Documents Customer Support
https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/

Username: redacted 
Password: redacted 

So I'm like, oook and I login to the site with this info. 

There's a link to to input the visa information and asks you if it's immigrsnr/non-immigrant, passport number, case number, ds-260 confirmation number, where you want you passport with visa delivered in the DR (courier) and finally comes a list of open availability at the VAC. So I don't know what I should do, just leave this alone or schedule an appointment at the VAC and see what happens. I mean through entering the info it asked what type of visa they are applying for and it had cr1/ir1 category which Is weird. I always thought this website was for non-immigrant visas only such as fiancee or travel. 

No u dint schedule your interview. You have to wait for NVC to schedule it. I spoke to embassy yesterday and they saifd they were done scheduling for november and that my case was at nvc and thr embassy sends then available appts and they schedule them.. so we just have to keep waiting

2 minutes ago, Jess29 said:

No u dint schedule your interview. You have to wait for NVC to schedule it. I spoke to embassy yesterday and they saifd they were done scheduling for november and that my case was at nvc and thr embassy sends then available appts and they schedule them.. so we just have to keep waiting

Alright so if they are done scheduling for November. What CC months were they working with? Because in another thread It seems like they were working with people from Late May, June and July and they all received their notifications during mid-late september  to have interviews throughout the month of October. Their waiting time averaged from 2 months to 3. 

I spoke to an uncle of mine who works immigration and he told me that the embassy is delayed and that it takes 60 to 90 days to get the appointment. 

The thread is:
"Delays in the processing immigrants visa in Santo Domingo"

21 minutes ago, Jess29 said:

Anyway, how where you able to get them to tell you this? Me and suarez tried and they just gave us the run arounds. 

17 minutes ago, Cayacoa said:

Alright so if they are done scheduling for November. What CC months were they working with? Because in another thread It seems like they were working with people from Late May, June and July and they all received their notifications during mid-late september  to have interviews throughout the month of October. Their waiting time averaged from 2 months to 3. 

I spoke to an uncle of mine who works immigration and he told me that the embassy is delayed and that it takes 60 to 90 days to get the appointment. 

The thread is:
"Delays in the processing immigrants visa in Santo Domingo"

Is this 60-90 days after your DQ?

38 minutes ago, Wilman1716 said:

Is this 60-90 days after your DQ?

DQ? 

It will be 60-90 after your case is complete and ready to be sent to the embassy. 

Just now, Cayacoa said:

DQ? 

It will be 60-90 after your case is complete and ready to be sent to the embassy. 

My case has been completed since 9/30 and it states its at NVC

52 minutes ago, Wilman1716 said:

My case has been completed since 9/30 and it states its at NVC

You're about to hit a month. Gotta wait my guy. There are a whole bunch of people ahead of us. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.