R&H

HELP NEEDED REGARDING NIKAH NAMA (URDU TO ENGLISH )

60 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Zara Mustafa said:

It looks something like this. 

F712F02C-AF16-43B5-874C-C90292E7C876.jpeg

this is marriage certificate 

we uploaded first only this certificate then we get to know that english and urdu nikahnama also should be uploaded ,then we uploaded 

nadra marraige certificate+nikahnama urdu+nikahnama english but again rejected :( . NVC asking us the they need certified English translation of our Urdu nikahnama .we now made the english translation of our urdu nikahnama certified from notary public and now waiting for ceac portal to open for documents .so we can upload our this doc in one pdf file less than 2mb 

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Jahangeer khan said:

Strange in my case I was send computerized marriage certificate of nadra to nvc and it was accepted in 2018 I am also from Pakistan Karachi..

Nvc accepted it? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, R&H said:

this is marriage certificate 

we uploaded first only this certificate then we get to know that english and urdu nikahnama also should be uploaded ,then we uploaded 

nadra marraige certificate+nikahnama urdu+nikahnama english but again rejected :( . NVC asking us the they need certified English translation of our Urdu nikahnama .we now made the english translation of our urdu nikahnama certified from notary public and now waiting for ceac portal to open for documents .so we can upload our this doc in one pdf file less than 2mb 

Oh! Thats so weird!!

From where did you get the certified translated one? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You need 1) Urdu Nikkah Namma 2) English Translation of Urdu 3) Nadra marriage certificate 

"For U.S. immigration purposes, Pakistani Muslim applicants must present both an original, signed Nikah Nama (with its English translation) and a NADRA-issued marriage registration certificate. Note that while both documents reflect similar information, each on its own does not constitute sufficient proof of marriage."

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Pakistan.html

AOS

3/22/2014: AOS (I-485/I-765/I-131)

6/30/2014: Received interview waiver letter

02/27/2015: Green Card received

I-751

12/14/2016: Petition mailed to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail)

12/16/2016: Petition delivered to VSC.

12/21/2016: ACH hold for Payment of $590

12/23/2016: Received NOA1 dated 12/19/2016

01/07/2017: Received Biometric dated 12/31/2016

01/18/2017: Biometrics Appointment  

11/25/2017: Received Approval letter dated 11/18/2107

11/28/2017: Status changed to "new Card is being produced" 

11/30/2017: Status changed to "Card was mailed to me" 

12/04/2017: Received my Green Card. 

N-400

11/30/2017: Applied Online 

12/01/2017: NOA uploaded to my account. 

12/02/2017:  Status changed Biometrics appointment was schedule (Waiting for letter upload to my account )

12/04/2017: NOA received in the mail

12/04/2017: Biometrics appointment letter uploaded online schedule for 12/21/2017

12/05/2017: Early walk-in Biometrics 

06/12/2018: Interview scheduled 

07/17/2018: Interview (Approved)

07/20/2018: Oath ceremony scheduled (for 08/11/2018)

08/11/2018: US Citizen

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Zara Mustafa said:

Oh! Thats so weird!!

From where did you get the certified translated one? 

from kachari in our city with the help of lawyer 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Leostar said:

You need 1) Urdu Nikkah Namma 2) English Translation of Urdu 3) Nadra marriage certificate 

"For U.S. immigration purposes, Pakistani Muslim applicants must present both an original, signed Nikah Nama (with its English translation) and a NADRA-issued marriage registration certificate. Note that while both documents reflect similar information, each on its own does not constitute sufficient proof of marriage."

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Pakistan.html

Thanks for the information!!! At the time of your nikkah did you guys sign a separate english nikkah nama, other than the urdu one? I did sign one.
Just trying to figure out if its the same document of not. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Zara Mustafa said:

Thanks for the information!!! At the time of your nikkah did you guys sign a separate english nikkah nama, other than the urdu one? I did sign one.

Just signed the Urdu one that time but you can translate it by yourself and get it notarized. 

AOS

3/22/2014: AOS (I-485/I-765/I-131)

6/30/2014: Received interview waiver letter

02/27/2015: Green Card received

I-751

12/14/2016: Petition mailed to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail)

12/16/2016: Petition delivered to VSC.

12/21/2016: ACH hold for Payment of $590

12/23/2016: Received NOA1 dated 12/19/2016

01/07/2017: Received Biometric dated 12/31/2016

01/18/2017: Biometrics Appointment  

11/25/2017: Received Approval letter dated 11/18/2107

11/28/2017: Status changed to "new Card is being produced" 

11/30/2017: Status changed to "Card was mailed to me" 

12/04/2017: Received my Green Card. 

N-400

11/30/2017: Applied Online 

12/01/2017: NOA uploaded to my account. 

12/02/2017:  Status changed Biometrics appointment was schedule (Waiting for letter upload to my account )

12/04/2017: NOA received in the mail

12/04/2017: Biometrics appointment letter uploaded online schedule for 12/21/2017

12/05/2017: Early walk-in Biometrics 

06/12/2018: Interview scheduled 

07/17/2018: Interview (Approved)

07/20/2018: Oath ceremony scheduled (for 08/11/2018)

08/11/2018: US Citizen

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Leostar said:

Just signed the Urdu one that time but you can translate it by yourself and get it notarized. 

Okay thanks! I signed an english nikkah nama too at the time of my nikkah. I guess its the same one. 
can i get it notarised from any lawyer?

Timeline

We submitted the Urdu Nikah, a translated to english version (this was done at the courthouse where it was attested), and the marriage certificate from the union council.  

We both signed the Urdu Nikah.  

6 hours ago, Zara Mustafa said:

Nvc accepted it? 

Yes nvc was accepted and they don't ask about translation of nikah nama because computerized marriage certificate was in English, make sense then why they should ask about any translation of urdu nikah nama..

Edited by Jahangeer khan

Timeline
10 hours ago, Zara Mustafa said:

we did sign english and urdu nikahnama on our nikahday and register both english and urdu and than get nadra marrige certificate but nvc is not accepting our english original nikahnama :( .Many ppl says here in pakistan there is no concept of english nukahnama may be thats the reason 

Timeline
3 hours ago, R&H said:

we did sign english and urdu nikahnama on our nikahday and register both english and urdu and than get nadra marrige certificate but nvc is not accepting our english original nikahnama :( .Many ppl says here in pakistan there is no concept of english nukahnama may be thats the reason 

Thats very strange! I hope this issue gets resolved soon for you guys! Inshaa Allah. 

On 10/15/2019 at 9:24 PM, R&H said:

I submitted last time my originally filled English nikahnama with marriage registrar stamps and the marriage certificate but nvc rejected that they need certified English translation of our Urdu nikahnama .

can any one give me sample of what they filled with Urdu nikahnama into English translation .since internet i didn't find the right answer .

i m from Pakistan .And we originally filled urdu and english nikahnama .but nvc not accepting the english nikahnama 

plz help us 

Hi, you need english translation of your Nikkah paper from "Notary public" in your city with notarized stamp on it.. Mine was rejected too at the USCIS stage and was translated from the Pakistan. It's better you asked your spouse to get translation of your urdu Nikkah Nama from any notary public in USA. They will definitely accept that. In my case we did that the same way and got accepted. 

Dear R&H,

Don't worry you have to get your urdu nikha nama tranlate form the certified Translator I got my urdu nikha nama translated form  Islamabad from Al-Masoom Services. Address: Al-Masoom Services, Aabpara Market، Khayaban-e-Suhrwardy, G 6/1 G-6, Islamabad, Islamabad Capital Territory 00044

Once you get your urdu nikah nama translated form there ask them to notarize it after that you need to go foreign office take both urdu nikha nama , english translated nikah nama and marriage certification along with photocopy of your spouse passport front page ,entry stamp page and exit stamp page along with the CNIC card. Once they will attest your urdu nikah nama and translation of urdu nikah nama along with marriage certification  it didn't take more then in 2 hours and the send the colour photo copy NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.