markandoliv

If we didnt sign an additional sheet for part 14 of i485, is that an rfe?

12 posts in this topic

Hi guys, so we sent our aos package today and im not 100% sure if we signed and dated our additional sheets for address history for i485, Part 14.   Im so annoyed with myself, moreso because i triple checked everything was signed. Not well enough apparently :(.

Is worst case scenario, an rfe, requesting for those two sheets to be signed and dated? And has anyone thats reading this had an rfe for this same reason?

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, markandoliv said:

Hi guys, so we sent our aos package today and im not 100% sure if we signed and dated our additional sheets for address history for i485, Part 14.   Im so annoyed with myself, moreso because i triple checked everything was signed. Not well enough apparently :(.

Is worst case scenario, an rfe, requesting for those two sheets to be signed and dated? And has anyone thats reading this had an rfe for this same reason?

Thanks

I believe the signing and dating applies to if you added conpletely different pages to the form.  such as a written statement and etc.  not the actually page 18 of the form.

I am sure you didnt use a seperate page to list an address.  that should fit in the soace provided.

anyways, hope im right as i did the same thing.  as again, i think it just applies to additional pages (papers not part of the form) as you did sign the form, and the form is page 1-18.

Edited by Russel1995

NOTE: Black & Bold = Visa Related

02/16/2018: Met online on a mobile game called Guns of Glory

10/03/2018: I129f sent

10/05/2018: NOA1

02/26/2019: NOA2 

03/19/2019: NVC received

03/22/2019: NVC case # assigned

04/02/2019: Consulate received

08/21/2019: Medical - passed on vaccines so insurance can be used in the USA.

08/22/2019: ASC

08/27/2019: Interview -APPROVED!!!

09/11/2019: Entered USA through Chicago O'hare

09/20/2019: Married

10/09/2019: Filed AOS

11/12/2019: Biometric appointment

12/13/2019: RFE (birth certificate)

Total time spent together before K1 interview: 65 days.

11 hours ago, Russel1995 said:

I believe the signing and dating applies to if you added conpletely different pages to the form.  such as a written statement and etc.  not the actually page 18 of the form.

I am sure you didnt use a seperate page to list an address.  that should fit in the soace provided.

anyways, hope im right as i did the same thing.  as again, i think it just applies to additional pages (papers not part of the form) as you did sign the form, and the form is page 1-18.

Yeah we needed to add an extra sheet with the full address history- had quite a few addresses over the last 5 years- enough to need the extra page.   We labeled it correctly and added the a-number. Just dont think we signed and dated it 😕

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It's up to the adjudicator, they could issue an easy fixable RFE, or deny the incomplete application.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-updates-policy-guidance-certain-requests-evidence-and-notices-intent-deny

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

1 hour ago, Pitaya said:

It's up to the adjudicator, they could issue an easy fixable RFE, or deny the incomplete application.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-updates-policy-guidance-certain-requests-evidence-and-notices-intent-deny

Would be devastating to be denied for that, such a minor thing- additional address history. We included everything else so will hopefully just be an rfe.  

Timeline
11 minutes ago, markandoliv said:

Would be devastating to be denied for that, such a minor thing- additional address history. We included everything else so will hopefully just be an rfe.  

True, true. I also initially thought a simple easy to fix RFE would work, maybe it will. But when I did a Google search on the topic, I found the USCIS policy update, link provided. Hopefully you will run into a lenient adjudicator....maybe time to burn some joss....

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya

18 minutes ago, Pitaya said:

True, true. I also initially thought a simple easy to fix RFE would work, maybe it will. But when I did a Google search on the topic, I found the USCIS policy update, link provided. Hopefully you will run into a lenient adjudicator....maybe time to burn some joss....

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Hopefully,.  Sorry you said "maybe time to burn some joss".  What does that mean?

Timeline

Timeline

If it was an entirely extra sheet, i hope they either issue a rfe or reject it.. then you could sign and send it once receive.

if its  check.. possibly could void the check at the bank and theyll send the packet back that way.  wont accept if paykent doesnt go through.  Its a idea.  new policy allows them to deny inconpkete packets without any form of rfe.

The new rulings were delayed due to lawsuits.  if you void your check and receive your packet back.. resend it asap.

Edited by Russel1995
didnt see reply to my comment. redid my response

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Russel1995 said:

If it was an entirely extra sheet, i hope they either issue a rfe or reject it.. then you could sign and send it once receive.

if its  check.. possibly could void the check at the bank and theyll send the packet back that way.  wont accept if paykent doesnt go through.  Its a idea.  new policy allows them to deny inconpkete packets without any form of rfe.

The new rulings were delayed due to lawsuits.  if you void your check and receive your packet back.. resend it asap.

my bad, not void it but "cancel" it or other words, stop payment order.  if its a personal check.

if its paid by credit card, simply lock the account.

rejection beats denial.

Edited by Russel1995

• 5 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 10/11/2019 at 10:36 PM, markandoliv said:

Thanks

Did you end up getting RFE for this or did it go through normally?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Rambava said:

Did you end up getting RFE for this or did it go through normally?

The application form itself is the only thing that requires a signature

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.