Gakiee

Is DNA for USA citizen children need during the IR and IR2 interview

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
3 hours ago, Gakiee said:

What does 221g means

I had the same problem, last week my husband went to his interview and they hang him a 221g for DNa on his USC children, and it's so expensive . I can't wait for this drama to be over 

DNA can be asked. IT is not common but it also is not unheard of. If anything, we are seeing an increase in requests for DNA. 

3 hours ago, Gakiee said:

What does 221g means

221g is a standard refusal. It simply means that a visa can't be issued because the case is incomplete due to further evidence or investigation. In this case, DNA is needed before they make a decision.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 hours ago, Unlockable said:

DNA can be asked. IT is not common but it also is not unheard of. If anything, we are seeing an increase in requests for DNA. 

221g is a standard refusal. It simply means that a visa can't be issued because the case is incomplete due to further evidence or investigation. In this case, DNA is needed before they make a decision.

Ok thax for the information ...what about the slip with pink colour

Edited by Gakiee
Add more information

Timeline
2 hours ago, Unlockable said:

2 hours ago, Cheridane123 said:

I had the same problem, last week my husband went to his interview and they hang him a 221g for DNa on his USC children, and it's so expensive . I can't wait for this drama to be over 

Am so sorry I was asking because my friend was issued with one after the interview..she was told that her spouse lied to them that he was single when he had his dv1 visa interview before going to USA.but he had left child  behind.but am to waiting for my interview soon and I am in the same situation...with all these waiting I feel so exhausted 😂😂😂

12 minutes ago, Gakiee said:

Am so sorry I was asking because my friend was issued with one after the interview..she was told that her spouse lied to them that he was single when he had his dv1 visa interview before going to USA.but he had left child  behind.but am to waiting for my interview soon and I am in the same situation...with all these waiting I feel so exhausted 😂😂😂

Oh, then that is a whole different ball game for your friend? Are you saying he lied on the DV interview and said he was single and now is trying to petition for his family?

What did he think was gonna happen? Now he is faced with misrepresentation. he could have his green card revoked and removed from the US. 

They may use the DNA to prove he lied. This was not a smart move from your friend and has jeopardized his family's immigration to the US completely.

This is why they do DNA test. Because too many people lie and tried to hide things.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

Oh, then that is a whole different ball game for your friend? Are you saying he lied on the DV interview and said he was single and now is trying to petition for his family?

What did he think was gonna happen? Now he is faced with misrepresentation. he could have his green card revoked and removed from the US. 

They may use the DNA to prove he lied. This was not a smart move from your friend and has jeopardized his family's immigration to the US completely.

This is why they do DNA test. Because too many people lie and tried to hide things.

Yeah he had a kid and a wife but by the time of DV interview he was not officially married after he was granted the visa that when he got married to the mother of his kid and left to USA..but now he is a USA citizen and in his naturalization cert he said he is married...will this still affect his family 

Depends. Did he lie during the interview. For example, did he say he had no kids?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

Depends. Did he lie during the interview. For example, did he say he had no kids?

Yeah he said he had no kids since he was not sure the kid was his.the time the were both in college 

Then it may be a problem.

You say that he claims he did not know if the kid was his. But if he is now married to the same woman who had his child, that would be a hard argument. 

You also say that he was not married at the interview, but was he married when he entered on the DV visa? 

Also, what is not "officially" married. Because if he was married by local customs, it could be taken into consideration.

Do you see all of these things are starting to add up against him? You see why a CO would be very suspicious when reviewing this case?

Misrepresentation is not fun at all. They can come after him for fraud if they believe he knowingly withheld information that may have impacted the DV visa decision. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

Then it may be a problem.

You say that he claims he did not know if the kid was his. But if he is now married to the same woman who had his child, that would be a hard argument. 

You also say that he was not married at the interview, but was he married when he entered on the DV visa? 

Also, what is not "officially" married. Because if he was married by local customs, it could be taken into consideration.

Do you see all of these things are starting to add up against him? You see why a CO would be very suspicious when reviewing this case?

Misrepresentation is not fun at all. They can come after him for fraud if they believe he knowingly withheld information that may have impacted the DV visa decision. 

Yeah he married the same woman but he argues he decided to marry her after they performed a DNA test to prove the kids is his... 

About the marriage he was not married for the whole period of Dv process until when he was given the visa  .tat when he got married through civil marriage.

will tat still be against him

30 minutes ago, Gakiee said:

Yeah he married the same woman but he argues he decided to marry her after they performed a DNA test to prove the kids is his... 

About the marriage he was not married for the whole period of Dv process until when he was given the visa  .tat when he got married through civil marriage.

will tat still be against him

I don't think him marrying after the interview will be the problem. The problem is not claiming the children. You are looking pass one issue and focusing on another. It only takes one infraction to be deemed ineligible.

Look here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Diversity-Visa/DV-Instructions-Translations/DV-2019-Instructions-Translations/DV-2019-Instructions-English.pdf

Section 14 states:

14. Number of children – List the name, date of birth, gender, city/town of birth, and country of birth
for all living unmarried children under 21 years of age, regardless of whether they are living with
you or intend to accompany or follow to join you, should you immigrate to the United States.
Submit individual photographs of each of your children using the same technical specifications as
your own photograph.
Be sure to include:
 all living natural children;
UNCLASSIFIED
- 5 -
UNCLASSIFIED
 all living children legally adopted by you; and,
 all living step-children who are unmarried and under the age of 21 on the date of your
electronic entry, even if you are no longer legally married to the child’s parent, and even if
the child does not currently reside with you and/or will not immigrate with you.
Married children and children who are already aged 21 or older when you submit your entry are
not eligible for the DV program. However, the Child Status Protection Act protects children from
“aging out” in certain circumstances. If you submit your DV entry before your unmarried child
turns 21, and the child turns 21 before visa issuance, it is possible that he or she may be treated as
though he or she were under 21 for visa processing purposes.
A child who is already a U.S. citizen or LPR will not require or be issued a Diversity Visa; you
will not be penalized for either including or omitting such family members from your entry.
Failure to list all children who are eligible will result in disqualification of the principal applicant
and refusal of all visa applications in the case at the time of the visa interview.
See the Frequently
Asked Questions for more information about family members.
See the Frequently Asked Questions for more information about completing your Electronic Entry for
the DV-2019 Program.

Point being... they are going to have some tough questions for your friend.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

I don't think him marrying after the interview will be the problem. The problem is not claiming the children. You are looking pass one issue and focusing on another. It only takes one infraction to be deemed ineligible.

Look here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Diversity-Visa/DV-Instructions-Translations/DV-2019-Instructions-Translations/DV-2019-Instructions-English.pdf

Section 14 states:

Point being... they are going to have some tough questions for your friend.

Thax so much for the information hoping for the best 

*** Moved to "IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures"

VJ Moderation

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

*** Moved to "IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures"

VJ Moderation

Is there any waiver for such misinterpretation 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.