FTB101

tax/income inquiry

10 posts in this topic

We have already filed and had initial i-129f approved and awaiting NVC (although it has been almost a month and have heard nothing from NVC).  Thanks largely to VJ and all the great people here we have been doing this ourselves.  Anyway my questions is pertaining to my current employment and past three years taxes.  Prior to my current full-time job I was a stay at home parent and have no recent w2s or tax income until this past year (2018). However in 2018, I started this job in August so only had a few months income on my w2.  Currently I just make enough according to USCIS 125% guidelines and when throw in received child support then we're well over the 125%.  Past year bank deposits show well over income req deposited over past year (via direct deposit payroll mostly) as well.  Have letter from employer and every pay stub from first to current.  I am of course nervous about all this as we would rather not have to marry abroad and spend more time waiting via a spousal visa if K1 Denied.  I am also curious because a sponsor is not an option for us.  

Also pretty sure saw I can, but then recently someone said otherwise, can I go with her to Interview in Manila (and does it help at all? Ask because I want to go to the Interview, but she would rather i wait until after so we can fly back together) 

Thank you

Edited by FTB101

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, FTB101 said:

We have already filed and had initial i-129f approved and awaiting NVC (although it has been almost a month and have heard nothing from NVC).  Thanks largely to VJ and all the great people here we have been doing this ourselves.  Anyway my questions is pertaining to my current employment and past three years taxes.  Prior to my current full-time job I was a stay at home parent and have no recent w2s or tax income until this past year (2018). However in 2018, I started this job in August so only had a few months income on my w2.  Currently I just make enough according to USCIS 125% guidelines and when throw in received child support then we're well over the 125%.  Past year bank deposits show well over income req deposited over past year (via direct deposit payroll mostly) as well.  Have letter from employer and every pay stub from first to current.  I am of course nervous about all this as we would rather not have to marry abroad and spend more time waiting via a spousal visa if K1 Denied.  I am also curious because a sponsor is not an option for us.  

Also pretty sure saw I can, but then recently someone said otherwise, can I go with her to Interview in Manila (and does it help at all? Ask because I want to go to the Interview, but she would rather i wait until after so we can fly back together) 

Thank you

Embassy does request the I-134, your most recent tax return (2018) and W-2.   Because of your short term of employment I will include the employer letter and copies of pay statements for at least 6 months.   You should be fine after that.

Yes you can be at the interview in Manila, if you choose.  Is it necessary?  Not really.  I was there and it was a great experience but for sure not necessary.

Visa process for Manila:  https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I agree with Hank.  I am glad I was at both of our interviews but I do not believe it made any difference at all that I was there other than moral support for my wife and step kids.

If you are lucky, the Embassy may not even ask for financials.  Have everything ready just in case but not all couples are asked for it. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i have the same question. i am the petitioner and been living in the Philippines. but i move to the US since our company offered me here. and now we already got NOA1 and i'm only employed for 3 months now in the US. earning way above the poverty line. and worried that it will be an issue since i dont have income tax returns and w2 previously.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
32 minutes ago, lady8lu said:

i have the same question. i am the petitioner and been living in the Philippines. but i move to the US since our company offered me here. and now we already got NOA1 and i'm only employed for 3 months now in the US. earning way above the poverty line. and worried that it will be an issue since i dont have income tax returns and w2 previously.

Depending on how fast USCIS moves the petition along it could be close for you filing your 2019 taxes.  Otherwise you will have to rely on the employer letter and copies of all your pay statements.  

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I kinda have the same question but different scenario. So we filed my dad’s petition. Mom is the petitioner, she moved here through IR5 last year in November. She has been working since January. Praying that everything goes smoothly with the petition and my parents will get reunited again for good. Since my sister is my mom’s derivative, it will basically be a household of 3. My mom is barely making for a household of 3. However, she lives with us and my dad and sister will be living with us as well. They really won’t be paying anything as far as rent except maybe helping us with the expenses such as bills or groceries. I assume just go ahead and co sponsor with my husband or me?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/3/2019 at 3:46 PM, Hank_ said:

Depending on how fast USCIS moves the petition along it could be close for you filing your 2019 taxes.  Otherwise you will have to rely on the employer letter and copies of all your pay statements.  

thanks for this!

On 10/4/2019 at 8:58 PM, FTB101 said:

Thank you, feel considerably less worried :) 

Manila will be fine. Just make sure you have your financial ducks in a row for AOS) Cubs? Not so much))) Good Luck)

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.