meji

K1 Visa - Denied because of Cannabis Caution

26 posts in this topic

Yeah I get you, in hindsight I think I should of acquired my Police Certificate first. This could have prompted me to see "NO LIVE TRACE" to then investigate via the Subject Access Report at which point I could of filled out everything much differently.

I do think that the lady today may of denied me not only for the Cannabis Caution but for thinking I've lied on purpose. But I even told her I filled out the DS-160 before acquiring my Police Certificate and had no idea a caution is classed as a full on conviction. I had just completely forgotten about the incident until I got my Police Certificate and then Subject Access Report hence filling out DS-160 the way I did.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The denial was drugs.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

You file the waiver for a US opportunity or look at other options.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
53 minutes ago, meji said:

So we've had people mentioning already that people in my situation have had their visa approved in London. Does anyone know what to do next, is there anything I can try before looking into the waiver. What are all the options here.

You were denied. A flat out no Visa for you. The only way to turn that around is getting a waiver from USCIS. Then you would interview again and probably do your medical again because it expires at 6 months. Waivers are not usually a DIY kind of thing or quick. 

I saw the reddit post your fiancé made. You two sound like you are lost in this process. You need a waiver and I highly recommend not trying to do it all yourself. 

You have the  seemingly minor drug issue and the “lying” issue now. I don’t know the best way to approach this problem. 

Sometimes DYI gets people in trouble if they have anything out of the ordinary.  Don’t make the problem worse by doing a complicated waiver alone. 

Good luck figuring this out. I hope your fiancé can live in the UK with you while this is sorted out

Edited by Rose711

55 minutes ago, Rose711 said:

I saw the reddit post your fiancé made. You two sound like you are lost in this process. You need a waiver and I highly recommend not trying to do it all yourself. 

You have the  seemingly minor drug issue and the “lying” issue now. I don’t know the best way to approach this problem. 

Sometimes DYI gets people in trouble if they have anything out of the ordinary.  Don’t make the problem worse by doing a complicated waiver alone. 

Good luck figuring this out. I hope your fiancé can live in the UK with you while this is sorted out

Cheers Rose not sure what we're going to do just yet. Might be a case of start the process to bring her here to be honest. I'll make sure I update this thread with any updates. Please if anyone else has advice feel free to continue the discussion it all helps and I'm sure at some point this thread could help someone else out in the future.

2 hours ago, meji said:

Cheers Rose not sure what we're going to do just yet. Might be a case of start the process to bring her here to be honest. I'll make sure I update this thread with any updates. Please if anyone else has advice feel free to continue the discussion it all helps and I'm sure at some point this thread could help someone else out in the future.

Like I said I can’t advise you. But I doubt you are permanently barred from the US for this. Not an expert and I hope you find someone to help you.

You will figure it out. Just if she goes there you can be together and work on it together. It’s great you have that as an option.

Edited by Rose711

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Rose711 said:

Like I said I can’t advise you. But I doubt you are permanently barred from the US for this. Not an expert and I hope you find someone to help you.

You will figure it out. Just if she goes there you can be together and work on it together. It’s great you have that as an option.

VJ has a whole section for Waivers.

@meji The relevant web page for your situation is now https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/waivers.html

As others have stated this is not a DIY thing. My advice would be lawyer up. Take the time, research a few, have a free chat with a few to discuss your case and go from there.

11 hours ago, Boiler said:

VJ has a whole section for Waivers.

I looked at the two links for the 601 waivers and they seem very old. I didn’t suggest them because I didn’t read them all to see if it’s current. 

Only the dates made me hesitate. 

Thank you for pointing that out though.

Edited by Rose711

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.