Feeling Sad

immigrant Visa Interview at Islamabad USA embassy.

8 posts in this topic

I had Immigrant visa interview at USA embassy Islamabad, Pakistan at Sept,24 2019. The team members working at the USA embassy Islamabad was really Professional and Kind. specially the consular lady (Asian Mix) officer was outstanding Professional and nice. I was need pushto Interpreter which she provided to me. Which make my interview more easier to understand 

questions and answers. 

At the end of my Immigrant interview the consular officer return my original documents and keep my Passport and told that I can pick my Immigrant visa in 10days from courier services.

since then I keep checking the visa status online which was updated on sept 24, and sept 30. but the visa is still does not issue. which I am waiting for. My husband came to Pakistan to attend interview with me. CO did not asked questions from him. 

My husband have a business in USA. he has to go back on Oct 6, 2019. he is not able to stay so long. we both want to live to gather . Once he left then it will be not easy to travel by my self. 

Can any one help me how long will at take more. Thank you 

Nobody can tell you accurately how long it will take. We do not work for the embassy. 

You have 6 months after the visa is issued to use it. So your husband can come back anytime after that to bring you to the US. Are you can come to the US alone, it is not that difficult.

It is always, always advised to not make travel arrangements until the visa is physically in your hands. Because things like this can happen that cause delays in the process and you not knowing when you will receive the visa.

If your husband has to go back it is not the end of the road. You can prepare for immigrating to the US in the meantime and he can simply make another trip to come get you.

Be patience and plan accordingly.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

18 minutes ago, Feeling Sad said:

pick my Immigrant visa in 10days from courier services

That's just an estimate. As I said repeatedly, it is not for sure until you have the visa in your hand. A lot can still happen between the interview and the actual visa being printed. Even if the CO says he approves your visa, it doesn't mean he hit "print" on the computer at the visa is printed. After the CO approves, he has to turn the file to his supervisor to approve and to the section chief to review and approve and who knows how many other levels at State need to approve a visa before it is "approved". I know, because I work for the government too, and if I want to take my group to go out to have lunch, 5-6 people have to approve it, just so we can go get a sandwich to eat. And then what will happen if one of those people are sick and absent for a week, or the IV section chief takes a vacation in Dubai. Just saying, it's not an exact thing. 

24 minutes ago, Feeling Sad said:

Once he left then it will be not easy to travel by my self.

Oh come on, it's not that hard. If my 65 years old mother who only speaks 3 words in English could do it, you can do it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You still have AP to go through.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2019 at 8:40 AM, Feeling Sad said:

I had Immigrant visa interview at USA embassy Islamabad, Pakistan at Sept,24 2019. The team members working at the USA embassy Islamabad was really Professional and Kind. specially the consular lady (Asian Mix) officer was outstanding Professional and nice. I was need pushto Interpreter which she provided to me. Which make my interview more easier to understand 

questions and answers. 

At the end of my Immigrant interview the consular officer return my original documents and keep my Passport and told that I can pick my Immigrant visa in 10days from courier services.

since then I keep checking the visa status online which was updated on sept 24, and sept 30. but the visa is still does not issue. which I am waiting for. My husband came to Pakistan to attend interview with me. CO did not asked questions from him. 

My husband have a business in USA. he has to go back on Oct 6, 2019. he is not able to stay so long. we both want to live to gather . Once he left then it will be not easy to travel by my self. 

Can any one help me how long will at take more. Thank you 

How long it took in your case from Documentarily qualified to receiving Interview Letter?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.