Jump to content


5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Go to the website of the state/county where she was born, and there should be instructions for how to order a copy of her birth certificate.  It usually costs between $10-$20.


K1 Process:



8/20/2016: I-129F packet mailed
10/20/2016: NOA2

1/20/2017: Interview (approved!) 

1/27/2017: Visa received 

2/20/2017: POE Philadelphia

3/18/2017: Wedding!



Adjustment of Status:




5/11/2017:  I-485, I-131, and I-765 packets mailed to Chicago lockbox

5/18/2017:  Three text/email NOA1's received

5/22/2017:  Three hard copy NOA1's received with a priority date of 5/15/2017

5/26/2017:  Biometrics appointment letter received

5/30/2017:  Biometrics completed (walk-in, East Hartford, CT ASC) 

6/15/2017: I-485 case status changed to "ready to be scheduled for interview." 

8/9/2017:  Service request for I-765 submitted online

8/28/2017: Second service request submitted online

8/28/2017: Submitted case request to Congresswoman. 

9/7/2017: Third service request for I-765 submitted online

10/7/2017:  EAD/AP combo card received (146 days from PD)

12/14/2017: Interview! (214 days from PD)

12/18/2017 Approval notice received with a notice date of 12/14/2017

12/30/2017: GC received (230 days from PD)



Removal of Conditions:

9/15/2019: ROC window opens

9/16/2019: Packet mailed to Dallas lockbox

9/18/2019: Packet delivered to Dallas lockbox

9/24/2019: Check cashed by USCIS

9/25/2019: Text receipt notice received

9/27/2019: Hard copy NOA received with a notice date of 9/23/2019

10/15/2019: Biometrics appointment letter received (notice dated 10/4/2019) 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ISLANDBOY said:

My wife a citizen cant find her birth certificate, we have our citizenship interview coming up soon? what else can she use? 

Normally a U.S. passport or other identification is fine.  However, when it comes to the K1, you need to submit the birth certificate regardless.  She should use this page as a resource:  https://www.usa.gov/replace-vital-documents


She can request a new birth certificate and pay for it.  During this process, I don't know that a passport or other U.S. ID would substitute the requirement of the birth certificate for USCIS purposes.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...