zochu

Where to file, Dallas or Chicago? (USC overseas)

5 posts in this topic

Hello (again)

As you can probably tell, we are second guessing ourselves with this whole process.

We are about to post our I-130 petition for IR-1/CR-1 spouse visa.

Myself (Aus citizen) and my husband (USC) are both currently living in Australia (husband on a 1-2 year tourist visa) 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-130 

The above link to post our petition is the Dallas Lockbox ... however we have also seen Chicago Lockbox being thrown around on this forum too. I've tried searching this forum and google for a direct answer, other than the one USCIS has provided - just to be sure ... 

Will they post any mail to us to our Australia address also?

We are really nervous as we now have a 4 month old daughter and we just don't want delays.

Given we both live outside US, we post to Dallas, correct? 

Thanks in advance

Our Visa Journey:

2 April 2018: Married in Santa Ana, California 💒

6 June 2019: Birth of our daughter 👶👨‍👩‍👧

14 October 2019: Sent I-130 package via AusPost 📮 

18 October 2019: NOA1 received - sent to Texas Service Centre :D

24 October 2019: USCIS processed filing fee 🤑 waiting game 🕰️

22 January 2020: Andy moved back to the USA😞 🇺🇸 - re-establish domicile & to get a job 👨‍⚕️

23 February 2020: Petition transferred from Texas Service Centre to Nebraska Service Centre 😞

15 May 2020: I-130 petition approved! 😭😍 Date changes leading up to the approval were: 1 May, 12 May, 13 May. 

16 May 2020: Received NVC email, paid all fees. Waiting for fees to process so we can upload and submit all documents

19 May 2020: Immigrant visa Fees PROCESSED; affidavit of support fee PROCESSED 

28 May 2020: Submitted VISA application, civil documents & affidavit of support documents. Patiently awaiting DQ. 

2 June 2020: Email received from NVC stating that we have been Documentary Qualified and that they will liaise with US Consulate in Sydney for Interview 🐨

27 June 2020: Expedite request submitted 🤞

7 July 2020: Expedite request APPROVED! 😃😭

15 July 2020: Email received advising of interview date and time. 
20 July 2020: Medical i: n Melbourne CBD 🏥     
28 July 2020: US visa interview at US consulate Sydney - refused 221(g) issued. Request for joint sponsor 😞

31 July 2020: uploaded joint sponsor to NVC, emailed consulate 

5 August 2020: emailed received advising they have received the joint sponsor 

7 August 2020: case i0n “administrative processing” 🤞

10 August 2020: visa ISSUED 😭 

12 August 2020: passport and visa in hand!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Used to be Chicago, but now Dallas.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

8 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Used to be Chicago, but now Dallas.

Thank you! 

😀

Our Visa Journey:

2 April 2018: Married in Santa Ana, California 💒

6 June 2019: Birth of our daughter 👶👨‍👩‍👧

14 October 2019: Sent I-130 package via AusPost 📮 

18 October 2019: NOA1 received - sent to Texas Service Centre :D

24 October 2019: USCIS processed filing fee 🤑 waiting game 🕰️

22 January 2020: Andy moved back to the USA😞 🇺🇸 - re-establish domicile & to get a job 👨‍⚕️

23 February 2020: Petition transferred from Texas Service Centre to Nebraska Service Centre 😞

15 May 2020: I-130 petition approved! 😭😍 Date changes leading up to the approval were: 1 May, 12 May, 13 May. 

16 May 2020: Received NVC email, paid all fees. Waiting for fees to process so we can upload and submit all documents

19 May 2020: Immigrant visa Fees PROCESSED; affidavit of support fee PROCESSED 

28 May 2020: Submitted VISA application, civil documents & affidavit of support documents. Patiently awaiting DQ. 

2 June 2020: Email received from NVC stating that we have been Documentary Qualified and that they will liaise with US Consulate in Sydney for Interview 🐨

27 June 2020: Expedite request submitted 🤞

7 July 2020: Expedite request APPROVED! 😃😭

15 July 2020: Email received advising of interview date and time. 
20 July 2020: Medical i: n Melbourne CBD 🏥     
28 July 2020: US visa interview at US consulate Sydney - refused 221(g) issued. Request for joint sponsor 😞

31 July 2020: uploaded joint sponsor to NVC, emailed consulate 

5 August 2020: emailed received advising they have received the joint sponsor 

7 August 2020: case i0n “administrative processing” 🤞

10 August 2020: visa ISSUED 😭 

12 August 2020: passport and visa in hand!

45 minutes ago, zochu said:

Given we both live outside US, we post to Dallas, correct? 

Its where the USC is living I do reckon, but regardless, Dallas it is.  I (USC) and wife (also AUS citizen) live outside of US (Hong Kong) and I mailed the 130 to Dallas last week.  Goodluck!

OH and they should mail things to your AUS address...

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Just now, cbro said:

Its where the USC is living I do reckon, but regardless, Dallas it is.  I (USC) and wife (also AUS citizen) live outside of US (Hong Kong) and I mailed the 130 to Dallas last week.  Goodluck!

OH and they should mail things to your AUS address...

Yes, it is based on where the USC is living, but all USC's living outside the US file to the Dallas address now.  It used to be Chicago for USC's living outside the US.

They (USCIS) can mail to whichever address you indicate is your mailing address.  Many will "use" a mailing address of a family member or friend in the US.  It's up to the petitioner.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.