chocolatecookie

Packet 3 Questions

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bermuda
Timeline

Our petition left NVC on 9/12 for GUZ.  We have not received an email from GUZ confirming receipt of our petition case, and we have not received the packet 3. Should we worry? 

Any advice on when we can expect packet 3? 

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, chocolatecookie said:

Our petition left NVC on 9/12 for GUZ.  We have not received an email from GUZ confirming receipt of our petition case, and we have not received the packet 3. Should we worry? 

Thanks

Ours was received on 9/18 and we haven't seen anything new either.  I do see on the CEAC site GUZ received it, but I think it's still a little early to expect P3.  GUZ seems like they process in a reasonable time, but I don't think we'll see any progress for 2-3 weeks after they received it.  I'm hoping she gets P3 in a week or two.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, chocolatecookie said:

I'm sure there is variation, but this is what it looked like for us in January:

"I'd been checking our CEAC status a couple times a day.  It stayed stuck on "Ready" for ~14 days, then the "Case Last Updated" date changed to the current date for ~2 days in a row, then it briefly (less than 1 day) switched to "Administrative Processing", then back to "Ready".  EMS delivered the P3 about 2-3 days later (Guangzhou to Shenzhen, very close)."

Spoiler

Prepping N-400

Timeline
12 hours ago, seganku said:

I'm sure there is variation, but this is what it looked like for us in January:

"I'd been checking our CEAC status a couple times a day.  It stayed stuck on "Ready" for ~14 days, then the "Case Last Updated" date changed to the current date for ~2 days in a row, then it briefly (less than 1 day) switched to "Administrative Processing", then back to "Ready".  EMS delivered the P3 about 2-3 days later (Guangzhou to Shenzhen, very close)."

Based on this, it seems like we should see the package delivered within 7-10 days of when the  "Case Updated Date" changes again.  Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Ours left NVC 10/1  .. can anyone predict P3 mailing date?  Actually we already know what P3 needs (so many sample P3 floating around), and have the nvc case number? can we jump the gun before P3 is received and just to do the DS-160, book interview, mail in the photos and copy of the approval or what ever they need?

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bermuda
Timeline
7 hours ago, flfreddy said:

Ours left NVC 10/1  .. can anyone predict P3 mailing date?  Actually we already know what P3 needs (so many sample P3 floating around), and have the nvc case number? can we jump the gun before P3 is received and just to do the DS-160, book interview, mail in the photos and copy of the approval or what ever they need?

keep checking your case status on https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=NIV   you should see the case status updates. I would say likely 10/7, they should have it because of the national day holidays.

I, like others, waited for P3 and am following the steps in the flowchart. I am not sure how it will go otherwise. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.