1,350 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Hammy23 said:

How does adjustment of status work? Any idea anyone?

Adjustment of Status is an option if you are already in the USA while petitioning I-130. There is an I-485 petition that you need to file at the time you file I-130. The I-485 petition can be filed by referring the Date of Filing chart in the visa bulletin, the second chart. Only if that chart is current, then you can file I-485 petition. Also that chart determine if you can send the documents to NVC after your I-130 is approved if you are going through consular processing abroad.

But if you went for consular processing abroad, and is waiting for NVC to send you interview letter, then I don't think you can do Adjustment of Status. 

You could consult a lawyer if its an option.

26 minutes ago, ks7608 said:

Adjustment of Status is an option if you are already in the USA while petitioning I-130. There is an I-485 petition that you need to file at the time you file I-130. The I-485 petition can be filed by referring the Date of Filing chart in the visa bulletin, the second chart. Only if that chart is current, then you can file I-485 petition. Also that chart determine if you can send the documents to NVC after your I-130 is approved if you are going through consular processing abroad.

But if you went for consular processing abroad, and is waiting for NVC to send you interview letter, then I don't think you can do Adjustment of Status. 

You could consult a lawyer if its an option.

@ks7608 I know its hard to say but what do you think the consulate would do next.. still go by DQ or go by priority dates for F2A category?

51 minutes ago, smollz said:

@ks7608 I know its hard to say but what do you think the consulate would do next.. still go by DQ or go by priority dates for F2A category?

I don’t think consulates can do anything about it . It’s the department of state and USCIS that decides how many visa numbers to allocate each month.  The consulates can only conduct interviews for the cases sent to them from the NVC . And the NVC follows the visa bulletin. Only if the Priority date is current , then they can issue the visa . That’s the rule. Let’s hope for the best. The other option would be for your spouse to get US citizenship and convert it to immediate relatives category if they are eligible for the citizenship. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Look at it the other way around, imagine the outcry if PD progressed and the Consulate could choose not to acknowledge it

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Hi Just went through few posts. I am a bit curious so asking my category F2A. I have been DQ'd on 1 Feb 2023. My interview will be in Montreal Embassy (Canada). My Priority date is 7 June 2021. When could I expect my interview to be scheduled? Any information would really be appreciated. 

Edited by YP007

3 hours ago, YP007 said:

Hi Just went through few posts. I am a bit curious so asking my category F2A. I have been DQ'd on 1 Feb 2023. My interview will be in Montreal Embassy (Canada). My Priority date is 7 June 2021. When could I expect my interview to be scheduled? Any information would really be appreciated. 

We cannot predict exactly when you could expect your interview to be scheduled. We need to wait and see the next 2 or 3 visa bulletins in the next few months so predict a trend. If the final action dates moves ahead by 1 month every visa bulletin, then you can easily calculate when you will be eligible to get an interview. In your case since the PD is June 2021, I would predict to expect another 9 months if the above mentioned trend is followed, but you cannot say for sure.

Worse case, if the dates doesn't move ahead in the next 2 or 3 visa bulletins, then I would expect the dates to move only by October Visa bulletin, that is when the new fiscal year starts and more visa numbers should be available by then. But I cannot say for sure, just an approximate guess.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.