gt1

100 days after the exam and counting.

56 posts in this topic

Had the exam on June 5th. No oath scheduled as of today, the last update online is from May2nd "We scheduled your interview...". I even called the USCIS help line and somehow got through the automated circus. The representative told me that the total N-400 processing time, including the oath is 12-18 months, and it includes the oath. The oath ceremonies around here are scheduled every 2-3 weeks, so it is not the reason for the delay. What else can I do?

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, gt1 said:

Had the exam on June 5th. No oath scheduled as of today, the last update online is from May2nd "We scheduled your interview...". I even called the USCIS help line and somehow got through the automated circus. The representative told me that the total N-400 processing time, including the oath is 12-18 months, and it includes the oath. The oath ceremonies around here are scheduled every 2-3 weeks, so it is not the reason for the delay. What else can I do?

I think you should call them up and inquire about your case. I actually called 30 days after interview just to ask if everything is still OK with my case. They were able to tell me that they didn't see any flags, to just wait and to call them up again if I reach the 90 day mark. Fortunately for me, I only had to wait another two weeks or so. You should call especially since your last status is still 'We scheduled...'

4 hours ago, Stevo1979 said:

Wait, Wait, wait.

It's all a crazy waiting game

I read a few topics on the subject, and no one's wait came close.

4 hours ago, panssey said:

gt1, are you changing your name?

This is for a family member, but yes, she will change her name. Does it matter?

I forgot to mention one detail. During the interview the officer couldn't get a good fingerprint match. He told us not to worry about it. I'm now thinking maybe we had to...

14 hours ago, gt1 said:

I read a few topics on the subject, and no one's wait came close.

This is for a family member, but yes, she will change her name. Does it matter?

Scheduling the oath ceremony takes longer in case of name change.

My interview was June 12 and still no date scheduled for the oath.  I also requested a name change.

Edited by panssey

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I thought exam, interview & oath ceremony all occurred on the same day?

So it Exam & Interview are the same day, Oath ceremony is scheduled later?

Edited by Rick&Maeve

K1 Visa AOS

10/21/13: I-129F Sent 07/12/14: Married

11/01/13: I-129F NOA1 (Texas Service Center) 08/20/14: (I-485, I-765, I-131) Mailed Out

02/19/14: I-129F NOA2 (110 days) 08/26/14: NOA's received (Nebraska Service Center)

03/04/14: NVC Received 09/17/14: Bio Appointment

03/07/14: NVC Left 11/14/14: EAD & AP Approved (86 days)

03/13/14: Consulate Received 11/18/14: EAD & AP approval letter received

04/09/14: Packet 4 Received 11/20/14: EAD Card Received!

04/24/14: Interview Date - APPROVED (174 days) 12/11/14: Potential Interview Letter received

05/18/15: Card Ordered To Be Produced

Filed: IR-3 Timeline
8 hours ago, Rick&Maeve said:

• Somewhat true*
  • For the most part "Yes"
Edited by Stevo1979

USCIS has 120 days to issue a decision. You can help them along by seeking case updates as follows:

Day 30: Send them a message via secure message (which would leave a record on your file) or call try to speak with a tier 2 officer

Day 60: Send them a message via secure message

Day 90: Write your field office a letter, delivered via certified mail, and reminding them of the 120 decision deadline. Contact your Congressional rep for case assistance.

Day 120: Write your field office a letter, delivered via certified mail, asking for a decision. Contact the CIS Ombudsman for case assistance. Consider initiating a lawsuit.

On 9/24/2019 at 4:30 PM, afrocraft said:

USCIS has 120 days to issue a decision. You can help them along by seeking case updates as follows:

The decision was made on the spot. The interviewing officer approved the N400 and told us to wait for the oath.

On 9/23/2019 at 11:28 PM, ram_im said:

in the form 562 you have the IO name and address of the office , i suggest you send him a mail and get a copy for it. 

If more than 120 days you can talk to a lawyer and go to court or make the lawyer contact them .

goodluck

What is the form 562?

On 9/24/2019 at 6:10 AM, Rick&Maeve said:

The exam is normally the part of the interview. The interview itself consists mostly of  the questions in the N400. I guess they want to record the answers to have the legal grounds to strip off the citizenship if caught lying some time down the road. When done with the interview, the officer starts asking the exam questions. In our case, my family member was elderly and had the disability waiver, so she got approved without the exam.

4 minutes ago, afrocraft said:

Do you actually have a Form N-652 communicating the approval?

I don't remember receiving the form after the interview. Maybe I forgot, will need to check when I get home.

1 minute ago, gt1 said:

I don't remember receiving the form after the interview. Maybe I forgot, will need to check when I get home.

Okay. It's a single sheet of paper that the officer should've handed to you immediately after the interview. The outcome -- recommended for approval -- would've be hand-ticked. 

2 minutes ago, afrocraft said:

Okay. It's a single sheet of paper that the officer should've handed to you immediately after the interview. The outcome -- recommended for approval -- would've be hand-ticked. 

Yes, I already found the form on the web- https://cliniclegal.org/sites/default/files/toolkits/citizenship/N652.pdf

The look of it doesn't ring a bell.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.