Juls801

Subject Access Report, ACRO clear

26 posts in this topic

My fiance's interview was scheduled  October 24 and he just recieved and email asking for a SARs and they canceled his interview. We dont understand why - and neither do the people at ACRO - because his ACRO doesn't say 'No live Trace', it's no Trace.

He phoned ACRO and they said it's not needed because the original is clear.

Help! Because he's in Northern Ireland flights were booked for London so this is very bad.

He can't get ahold of anyone at the embassy and his emails are being returned with no answers except get the report and reschedule. 

10 minutes ago, Juls801 said:

My fiance's interview was scheduled  October 24 and he just recieved and email asking for a SARs and they canceled his interview. We dont understand why - and neither do the people at ACRO - because his ACRO doesn't say 'No live Trace', it's no Trace.

Help! Because he's in Northern Ireland flights were booked for London so this is very bad.

He can't get ahold of anyone at the embassy and his emails are being returned with no answers except get the report and reschedule. 

We were N. Ireland too.  I understand your pain. If they are insistent to get the report then do so. We got one from the NI police. Didn't take long. Is your fiance British or Irish citizen?

Edit to original post. His interview is September (not Oct) 24.

Should we keep that date & go to the interview with the SAR because ACRO says it's not needed or reschedule? The embassy canceled it when they emailed but it's still open to reschedule. 

1 minute ago, Juls801 said:

Edit to original post. His interview is September (not Oct) 24.

Should we keep that date & go to the interview with the SAR because ACRO says it's not needed or reschedule? The embassy canceled it when they emailed but it's still open to reschedule. 

If the embassy cancelled his interview then its cancelled and you have to reschedule. Did they ask you to submit the SAR online? We had to submit online to them and its likely if they wanted it beforehand you would need to do so before attending the interview.

9 minutes ago, SuznAaron said:

Should be OK with just NI police report then. 

By NI report you mean ACRO, right?

Just now, Juls801 said:

By NI report you mean ACRO, right?

No we got a police report from the NI police. We got the ACRO AND the NI report. 

8 minutes ago, SuznAaron said:

No we got a police report from the NI police. We got the ACRO AND the NI report. 

So you didn't get a SAR? Was that even requested for you?

13 minutes ago, Juls801 said:

So you didn't get a SAR? Was that even requested for you?

No. We did the SAR from NI. We were put in AP after the interview. The embassy requested access to ACRO to get another report we do not know why except that we got our SAR too far out and we think they wanted a more recent one. We had to give permission for that. Then as an Irish citizen we had to send proof that my husband lived in NI only and never in the Republic (as we did not have a police report for the Republic and rightfully so as he never lived there). We were approved right after that. Perhaps getting the SAR through ACRO would be ok for you all. I know you can request a SAR from them. London is an easy Embassy but they want what they want and nothing else will do. They are funny about the police reports. 

Edited by SuznAaron

16 minutes ago, SuznAaron said:

We did the SAR from NI. 

How do you do the SAR in NI other than through ACRO? How long did it take to get?

I'm wondering if this is typical (Needing a SAR) of NI citizens because of the weird complexity between Republic and NI/UK. 

So since you were put in AP for it, I assume it was at the interview that they told you about the need for the SAR, not by email like us?

16 minutes ago, Juls801 said:

How do you do the SAR in NI other than through ACRO? How long did it take to get?

I'm wondering if this is typical (Needing a SAR) of NI citizens because of the weird complexity between Republic and NI/UK. 

So since you were put in AP for it, I assume it was at the interview that they told you about the need for the SAR, not by email like us?

I believe you are correct. It is complicated and I think they do treat NI a bit differently in my opinion. I haven't talked to anyone else from NI to see if they came across the same issues. Here is the link to apply for the SAR from the PSNI

https://www.psni.police.uk/advice_information/information-about-yourself/making-a-subject-access-request/ . Took about a week.

No we were not told at the interview. They just gave us the dreaded 221 G form and we waited for the email to tell us what to submit. They tell you nothing at the interview if you are not approved on that day. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Juls801 said:

It seems weird to ask before a K1 interview. I wasn't aware they even looked at K1s prior to the interview. 

14 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

It seems weird to ask before a K1 interview. I wasn't aware they even looked at K1s prior to the interview. 

So do you think they're mixing it up with a CR1?

In you're opinion is it stupid keeping the same appointment or pushing our luck and could result in a denial (not just a 221g for more documents)? He's now talked with ACRO 3X and each person has said a SAR is not going to show anything else and isn't needed. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Juls801 said:

So do you think they're mixing it up with a CR1?

In you're opinion is it stupid keeping the same appointment or pushing our luck and could result in a denial (not just a 221g for more documents)? He's now talked with ACRO 3X and each person has said a SAR is not going to show anything else and isn't needed. 

Could be mix up or email sent to wrong person. The posting above said they got an email later after the interview saying what was needed.  BUT, the fact that said they cancelled the interview indicates they know it is pre-interview. I'm puzzled and have never heard of this before the interview. Can you get something in writing from ACRO stating what they said on the phone? An email perhaps saying there is nothing in a SAR because your police report is clear. 

They do make mistakes and send wrong things sometime. The biggest blunder I remember was a guy who got to POE on his K1 and turned over his white envelope. It had somebody else's file inside. The couples  were both David and Stephanie (or something similar). One had yet  to interview and his whole file was in the US. One was at POE without his proper entry paperwork because it was in London. They did let him in until they could sort it instead of sending him back. 

Edited by Wuozopo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.