Kris & Crystal

Is this the summary asked for at the medical?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Just wondering if the attached is what is required for the medical -- redacted obviously -- Is this a GP Patient Summary/Care Summary?

The reason I ask is I had to ask and push a bit at my GP surgery as they weren't sure what I was asking for. Is anything else for the GP required assuming I have no ongoing conditions or previous issues beyond minor day-to-day things.

GP Patient Summary Care Summary.png

28 minutes ago, Kris & Crystal said:

Just wondering if the attached is what is required for the medical -- redacted obviously -- Is this a GP Patient Summary/Care Summary?

The reason I ask is I had to ask and push a bit at my GP surgery as they weren't sure what I was asking for. Is anything else for the GP required assuming I have no ongoing conditions or previous issues beyond minor day-to-day things.

GP Patient Summary Care Summary.png

Yep, that looks fairly similar to mine, though mine had a lot more info on it, as I have a few conditions and take medicine. Assuming it has your name/NHS number etc on there somewhere?

Timeline
59 minutes ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

Yep, that looks fairly similar to mine, though mine had a lot more info on it, as I have a few conditions and take medicine. Assuming it has your name/NHS number etc on there somewhere?

Yeah I used a white colour to redact but it has my name, NHS number, CHI number, etc.

Timeline

I keep seeing references to a written medical history but I've never really had a medical history of note. Do I still need a written history?

Your record is similar to mine in terms of content. You should be good with that. If in doubt, you could take it to Knightsbridge ahead of time ask ask? (assuming that's possible for you)

1 hour ago, Kris & Crystal said:

I keep seeing references to a written medical history but I've never really had a medical history of note. Do I still need a written history?

Not sure what you mean? You need your health care summary (which is what you’ve posted above) - that’s the only written medical history you need.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Maybe she means the short write up people take if they have some issues like diabetes, asthma, previous major surgeries, cancer, etc.  OP, if you've had zero health issues or surgeries, then the summary is all you take. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Maybe she means the short write up people take if they have some issues like diabetes, asthma, previous major surgeries, cancer, etc.  OP, if you've had zero health issues or surgeries, then the summary is all you take. 

Exactly right, I mistook something I read that there might be a requirement for your GP to write a short history in addition to the summary.

19 hours ago, Richard Purves said:

Your record is similar to mine in terms of content. You should be good with that. If in doubt, you could take it to Knightsbridge ahead of time ask ask? (assuming that's possible for you)

Good to know. Unfortunately not, I'm about as far from London as you can be and still be in the UK (675 Miles / 1086 Kilometers). Travelling there and back is going to be a 2 or 3 day experience depending on how long the medical takes and how quick I can get to Gatwick after the medical.

I've got a 09:10 appointment on the 2nd, so I'm hoping that being one of the first that day might help

Timeline
2 hours ago, Richard Purves said:

Well I'm originally from Newcastle mate, so I feel your pain ;)

I'm actually at Knightsbridge right now. That form I'm more than certain is all you'll need.

Good luck.

I'd be interested to know how long the whole process took. They say to allow 90 minutes but I've seen reports of people taking an hour or less. Also if there's anything in particular to make sure they mark or do with the paperwork. I recall reading a topic here a while back on that subject.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, Kris & Crystal said:

Unfortunately not, I'm about as far from London as you can be and still be in the UK (675 Miles / 1086 Kilometers). Travelling there and back is going to be a 2 or 3 day experience depending on how long the medical takes and how quick I can get to Gatwick after the medical.

I've got a 09:10 appointment on the 2nd, so I'm hoping that being one of the first that day might help

You should have planned the medical and interview for one trip. People do that when really far away.

43 minutes ago, Kris & Crystal said:

. Also if there's anything in particular to make sure they mark or do with the paperwork. I recall reading a topic here a while back on that subject.

What you remember was written to K1s about making sure their shots are marked properly and signed off before they leave.  K1 shots are optional prIor to the visa because they can get signed off at a medical in the US before their adjustment of status. But they can avoid a lot of extra cost if they make sure their waivers are marked properly before they leave so they can get it fixed in person.  The clinic was generally not bothered about K1 sheets being complete.  

The clinic will do yours right because you're an IR1/CR1 that has to be signed off before your interview.  

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

You should have planned the medical and interview for one trip. People do that when really far away.

I'd rather just deal with having to do two, two to three day trips and associated costs. If the whole process was a bit faster perhaps I'd consider this but I'm trying to minimise time. I've lost a fair chunk to waiting for the NVC to approve documents as it is and with 4 weeks notice required at work I'm hoping I get an interview date on or before mid-November so I can be over for good by Christmas.

1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

What you remember was written to K1s about making sure their shots are marked properly and signed off before they leave.  K1 shots are optional prIor to the visa because they can get signed off at a medical in the US before their adjustment of status. But they can avoid a lot of extra cost if they make sure their waivers are marked properly before they leave so they can get it fixed in person.  The clinic was generally not bothered about K1 sheets being complete.  

The clinic will do yours right because you're an IR1/CR1 that has to be signed off before your interview.  

Thanks, good to know. I've found it a bit difficult to find other IR1/CR1 people, experiences and timelines from the UK I can measure myself against and use a comparison or rough guide. We seem to favour the K1 route over here.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Richard Purves said:

They will (if they have it in stock) give you any missing shots. At a price ...

I think I've got everything, but I'll be prepared to pay extra as required. Don't have an updated scan handy but I have the attached, plus Hepatitis A and B and boosters for Polio, Tetanus and Diphtheria

Vaccinations.png.4f827e6bc19569b701ac94026ff96edd.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.