EAdamo

Montreal Consulate No Interview Available

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello...we have FINALLY arrived at the point where we can schedule my finale's interview in Montreal for the K-1 France Visa...and there are no appointments available.  It is still on the payment page...but I don't see where I can actually go to pay the fee. When I click home it says to "pay fee" but when I click there it takes be back to the page that shows there are no appointment date available.  How long do you think we will have to wait/how far out will the interview be scheduled?

Thanks for your help!!

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 11.21.26 AM.png

3 minutes ago, EAdamo said:

Hello...we have FINALLY arrived at the point where we can schedule my finale's interview in Montreal for the K-1 France Visa...and there are no appointments available.  It is still on the payment page...but I don't see where I can actually go to pay the fee. When I click home it says to "pay fee" but when I click there it takes be back to the page that shows there are no appointment date available.  How long do you think we will have to wait/how far out will the interview be scheduled?

Thanks for your help!!

Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 11.21.26 AM.png

Same here. We are still waiting for the Consular opens interview appointments. Once you can choose your interview date, you are able to pay the fee online. And remember to print out or keep the invoice because during interview, they will ask for that.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, Dasa and Yvonne said:

Same here. We are still waiting for the Consular opens interview appointments. Once you can choose your interview date, you are able to pay the fee online. And remember to print out or keep the invoice because during interview, they will ask for that.  

Thank you, how long have you been waiting?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Dasa and Yvonne said:

Just a month.

Hopefully it will be opened soon. Just keep checking frequently so you don’t miss it. 

A month?! I did not expect to with that long...ugh.  Does anyone know when the Consulate opens more appointment dates do the open a lot of them (hundreds?) or are there only a few?

Just now, EAdamo said:

A month?! I did not expect to with that long...ugh.  Does anyone know when the Consulate opens more appointment dates do the open a lot of them (hundreds?) or are there only a few?

As I knew, the interview will be held every Wednesday. I am not sure about the amount of slots actually ... 

When the slots open up, it's generally a couple months at a time.  But it can take several months for them to open.  If you guys who are waiting start a thread to let each other know, that's how K1 in the past have done it. Fall and winter tend to be harder to get dates. 

I would start the thread in the Canada forum though or see if there is one already located there. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/13/2019 at 9:43 AM, EAdamo said:

Thank you, how long have you been waiting?

Montreal is backed up. Some people have been waiting up to 3 months. What I've read is just keep checking the website when someone cancels or slots start opening up they will appear. Check often! 

We have not gotten to this stage yet but it's been a constant theme that I have noticed in my reading on VJ with Montreal. 

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys,

Now I see why our interview has taken so long.

I don't know if this is good or bad news because our Visa type is FB-3 (Family Sponsorship) and not a K-1, but we have been waiting for more than six months, and the Montreal Consulate still doesn't schedule our interview. 

Our case became documentary qualified on February 20, 2019, and since then still waiting for the Montreal Consulate schedules our interview.

Good luck guys

• 11 months later...
Timeline

Hi all. I have been waiting for Montreal to open appointments since March 16th 2020. I don't understand how one of you is only waiting for a month or why you think a month is a long time? 

To help explain in more detail. On March 16th I was asked by the Embassy via email to create an account here https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv and book an appointment. On the same day they closed down because of Covid. 

I know people behind me in the process aka waiting to get that email from the Embassy asking them to book their appointment that haven't heard from the Embassy since early March. I don't understand how you heard from the Embassy when we are in the midst of Covid and only those with cancelled appointments are available to re-schedule. if that's the case, then thing are truly messed up on their end and they should be working with priority on applicants. That's not to say you are not important but if other people are waiting for that email since March, they should have gotten it.

Also, trust me, I can't explain how difficult its been to look at the screenshot you posted since March 16th when I knew I would be back with the person I love in only a matter of 2 months if it wasn't for COVID. I just hope that by mid November they will clear all the reschedules. According to my calculations, all rescheduled will be cleared end of November.

Also, they are seeing people Mondays and Wednesday - 6 per day. I hope this helps guys! Let me know how you've only been waiting for a month and when you got the email from Montreal that you are ready to schedule. I got it March 16th and like I said been waiting since then. 

Timeline
On 9/16/2019 at 4:53 PM, Oh_Canada said:

Hey! I've been waiting to schedule my interview since Aug 27. However, it doesn't show my anything to pay yet... did I do something wrong? When do you think new dates will pop up? Thanks

image.thumb.png.697d19ad55a93cad7855ad75d8f1b40e.png

I gave a big response below. New to VJ so I am not sure how to respond properly. 

Timeline
On 9/13/2019 at 12:41 PM, Dasa and Yvonne said:

When did the Embassy Montreal email you saying we are now ready to see you please follow this link to schedule your appointment? 

2 hours ago, Denya and Andrew said:

Hi all. I have been waiting for Montreal to open appointments since March 16th 2020. I don't understand how one of you is only waiting for a month or why you think a month is a long time? 

To help explain in more detail. On March 16th I was asked by the Embassy via email to create an account here https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv and book an appointment. On the same day they closed down because of Covid. 

I know people behind me in the process aka waiting to get that email from the Embassy asking them to book their appointment that haven't heard from the Embassy since early March. I don't understand how you heard from the Embassy when we are in the midst of Covid and only those with cancelled appointments are available to re-schedule. if that's the case, then thing are truly messed up on their end and they should be working with priority on applicants. That's not to say you are not important but if other people are waiting for that email since March, they should have gotten it.

Also, trust me, I can't explain how difficult its been to look at the screenshot you posted since March 16th when I knew I would be back with the person I love in only a matter of 2 months if it wasn't for COVID. I just hope that by mid November they will clear all the reschedules. According to my calculations, all rescheduled will be cleared end of November.

Also, they are seeing people Mondays and Wednesday - 6 per day. I hope this helps guys! Let me know how you've only been waiting for a month and when you got the email from Montreal that you are ready to schedule. I got it March 16th and like I said been waiting since then. 

Hope you hear soon! Just wondering - where did you get the information that they are going to do Mondays and Wednesday’s?

Timeline

From my spousal connections who have been having their re-schedules since the beginning of this month. Thank you, I really hope so too. @Esda

Edited by Denya and Andrew

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.