Mrs. Dea

Affidavit of Support New Version

8 posts in this topic

Good Day:

1. Am I to have my husband (the petitioner) fill out Form I-864EZ sign and send to me to attach to the Form DS-260?

What other forms or documents should I have him send me in the meantime. (Consular processing)

2. According to this https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p , my husband's W-2 shows, 30K and it says here for 2 people it would require 21,137. I have seen on here where person's met the requirement but was still asked for co sponsor. Would it be too cautious to take the co sponsor route .

3. Also, as the beneficiary, can I use my brother as a co-sponsor or does he have to be related to the petitioner.  

4. "The sponsor must complete Form I-864 and each household member must complete Form I-864A"  Does this mean that, If I can use my relative, would my husband fill out I-864 and my brother fill out I-864A as well as his wife and daughter (my niece)?

A new version of Form I-864 comes out October 15, is there a way to get a hold of the new versions before they are posted on the website ?

Thank you in advance 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do you have an interview scheduled?  Does not sound like you understand how the process works 

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mrs Dudley said:

. Am I to have my husband (the petitioner) fill out Form I-864EZ sign and send to me to attach to the Form DS-260?

What other forms or documents should I have him send me in the meantime. (Consular processing)

Its done online, why waste on postage ? You may need to bring a copy to the interview but thats it.

5 minutes ago, Mrs Dudley said:

According to this https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p , my husband's W-2 shows, 30K and it says here for 2 people it would require 21,137. I have seen on here where person's met the requirement but was still asked for co sponsor. Would it be too cautious to take the co sponsor route .

That depends on a lot of factors. Its better to have 2x the required to be on safer side. This all depends on the interviewing offer and what he thinks is best. If the petitioner has a retirement account or stocks or savings, that can tip the odds in your favor,

7 minutes ago, Mrs Dudley said:

Also, as the beneficiary, can I use my brother as a co-sponsor or does he have to be related to the petitioner.

Yeah he can if he is in US as a LPR or a citizen.

8 minutes ago, Mrs Dudley said:

The sponsor must complete Form I-864 and each household member must complete Form I-864A"  Does this mean that, If I can use my relative, would my husband fill out I-864 and my brother fill out I-864A as well as his wife and daughter (my niece)?

Yes. If co-sponsors are involved you cannot use EZ version of the form. Yes they will all have to fill out the A form. Your niece may not have to if she is not an adult yet but will be counted on the household size calculations

9 minutes ago, Mrs Dudley said:

A new version of Form I-864 comes out October 15, is there a way to get a hold of the new versions before they are posted on the website ?

No. The current version doesnt expire till Oct 2020 anyways so dont worry about using the wrong one or not using the latest one. Even if it is out, it is likely similar and just minor changes here and there.

25 minutes ago, saladboye said:

1. Its done online, why waste on postage ? You may need to bring a copy to the interview but thats it.

2. That depends on a lot of factors. Its better to have 2x the required to be on safer side. This all depends on the interviewing offer and what he thinks is best. If the petitioner has a retirement account or stocks or savings, that can tip the odds in your favor,

3. Yeah he can if he is in US as a LPR or a citizen.

4. Yes. If co-sponsors are involved you cannot use EZ version of the form. Yes they will all have to fill out the A form. Your niece may not have to if she is not an adult yet but will be counted on the household size calculations

5. No. The current version doesnt expire till Oct 2020 anyways so dont worry about using the wrong one or not using the latest one. Even if it is out, it is likely similar and just minor changes here and there.

5.  I saw the below on this website https://www.uscis.gov/i-864 which sounds like we should wait.

What to Know About Sending Us Your Form

The current edition of the form, dated 3/6/2018

• We will accept the current edition of this form if it is postmarked on or before Oct. 14.
  • We will not accept it if it is postmarked on or after Oct. 15.  

The updated edition of the form

On or after Oct. 15, we will accept only an updated edition that will be linked to this page.

2. That depends on a lot of factors. Its better to have 2x the required to be on safer side. This all depends on the interviewing offer and what he thinks is best. If the petitioner has a retirement account or stocks or savings, that can tip the odds in your favor,

Ok this sounds good then because my husband can add in his retirement and savings. Thanks much for this idea.

1. Its done online, why waste on postage ? You may need to bring a copy to the interview but thats it.

This one confuses me.

"Submitting Evidence

The principal immigrant must submit one original Form I-864 for his or her file along with supporting financial evidence of the sponsor’s income. A Form I-864 is considered original if it is signed in black ink."

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/tips-filing-form-i-864-affidavit-support-under-section-213a-ina

This sounds like my husband is to fill out the form and ensure I have them to upload to the online NVC portal.

And then here, it sounds as if my husband should be filing this from his end in the US based on this? or if Form EZ then below:

Where to File

Chicago Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS
P.O. Box 805887 
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

For additional information, see the “Special Instructions” section below.

But if its Form EZ 

Where to File

Give the completed affidavit of support with all required documentation to the sponsored immigrant to file with either:

• a Consular Officer with a completed Form OF-230, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, 

Edited by Mrs Dudley

Timeline
32 minutes ago, saladboye said:

No. The current version doesnt expire till Oct 2020 anyways so dont worry about using the wrong one or not using the latest one. Even if it is out, it is likely similar and just minor changes here and there.

Where do you get an October 2020 expiration date?  USCIS forms don't expire as they go by edition dates and can be deprecated at anytime.   The current version is slated to be October 15, 2019.

The new i864 is going to be very different 

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Where do you get an October 2020 expiration date?  USCIS forms don't expire as they go by edition dates and can be deprecated at anytime.   The current version is slated to be October 15, 2019.

The new i864 is going to be very different 

Yes there is an expiration date stated in the top right hand corner of the form I just see it and he is correct 2020. However there is details on the website saying after Oct 15 they will no longer be accepting that version and will put out a new version.

Timeline
Just now, Mrs Dudley said:

Yes there is an expiration date stated in the top right hand corner of the form I just see it and he is correct 2020. However there is details on the website saying after Oct 15 they will no longer be accepting that version and will put out a new version.

OMB is NOT form expiration 

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
9 hours ago, Mrs Dudley said:

Disregard the expiration date.  The form doesn't expire.  It's a comment period.  OMB is Office of Management and Budget.  When they issue a new version of the form, that's the form you use.  Issue date is the important date.  You do not submit until the NVC stage.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.