Jump to content
Fennik

Questions I-130A & I-765

8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I posted here a little back about my finacee and applying for a greencard. She is now my wife and we are in a good spot/ready to begin the process. Today i began with form I-130A & I-765 and came across a few questions

 

Form I-130A

  1. For our current address and her current employer what do we put in the "Date To" field? Can we type "current" if it allows that, or do we put todays date/a future date?
  2. She has never had employment outside of the US, do we have to write N/A in every box or can we leave that section blank
  3. We do not have an Interpreter, meaning nothing to enter in Part 5 or Part 6, do we have to write N/A in every box or can we leave it blank
  4. We had to put an extra address in Part  7 to have a complete 5 year history, what is the "Item Number"? Page Number is 1, Part Number is 1, but for item number it starts at 4.a and goes through 5 6 and 7?
  5. Finally, should I write N/A in every single un-used box per the directions? and None in every unused numeric box per the directions?

 

Form I-765

  1. Reading through the directions I couldn't find the category the Spouse of US Citizen category? I found a handful of spousal categories but most are student or employment related. Any tips on which section my wife would fall under?

 

Thanks for any help! I am hoping to complete the forms this weekend and then give them another read-through and post any questions I might have here!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Fennik said:

I posted here a little back about my finacee and applying for a greencard. She is now my wife and we are in a good spot/ready to begin the process. Today i began with form I-130A & I-765 and came across a few questions

 

Form I-130A

  1. For our current address and her current employer what do we put in the "Date To" field? Can we type "current" if it allows that, or do we put todays date/a future date?
  2. She has never had employment outside of the US, do we have to write N/A in every box or can we leave that section blank
  3. We do not have an Interpreter, meaning nothing to enter in Part 5 or Part 6, do we have to write N/A in every box or can we leave it blank
  4. We had to put an extra address in Part  7 to have a complete 5 year history, what is the "Item Number"? Page Number is 1, Part Number is 1, but for item number it starts at 4.a and goes through 5 6 and 7?
  5. Finally, should I write N/A in every single un-used box per the directions? and None in every unused numeric box per the directions?

 

Form I-765

  1. Reading through the directions I couldn't find the category the Spouse of US Citizen category? I found a handful of spousal categories but most are student or employment related. Any tips on which section my wife would fall under?

 

Thanks for any help! I am hoping to complete the forms this weekend and then give them another read-through and post any questions I might have here!

 

 

Should really start with the i130 and i485 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Should really start with the i130 and i485 

I started with the slimmest form as I did it while I was at work. I was reading through replies to my previous post about the 765 and noticed I didn't print that one out so I printed it and started reading the directions. Ultimately, I am about 1hr into it and intend to complete the entire set this weekend after work. 

 

If you have any answers to my questions that would help, I have since started the I130 and have the exact same questions about dates & blank spaces, so I am sure answers to these questions will help me with those forms as-well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fennik said:

I started with the slimmest form as I did it while I was at work. I was reading through replies to my previous post about the 765 and noticed I didn't print that one out so I printed it and started reading the directions. Ultimately, I am about 1hr into it and intend to complete the entire set this weekend after work. 

 

If you have any answers to my questions that would help, I have since started the I130 and have the exact same questions about dates & blank spaces, so I am sure answers to these questions will help me with those forms as-well.

1)  Box 13.b & 45.b are not fillable and assumes current 

 

2) She only has had employment inside the USA?

 

3) leave blank 

 

765

 

There is no classification for employment for spouse of a USC. There is a classification for an adjustment of status applicant 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

1)  Box 13.b & 45.b are not fillable and assumes current 

 

2) She only has had employment inside the USA?

 

3) leave blank 

 

765

 

There is no classification for employment for spouse of a USC. There is a classification for an adjustment of status applicant 

1) For the I-130A the box is Part 1 5.b and Part 2 4.B , I am assuming these are unfillable too

2) Yes, her first job ever is in America and still her current employer

3) Thanks

 

For 765 I will have to try and read each word more discretely as I am not seeing that as an option either but I trust you it's there!

 

 

Current Outstanding Questions

 

Form I-130A & I-130

  1. We had to put an extra address in Part  7 to have a complete 5 year history, what is the "Item Number"? Page Number is 1, Part Number is 1, but for item number it starts at 4.a and goes through 5 6 and 7?
  2. Finally, should I write N/A in every single un-used box per the directions? and None in every unused numeric box per the directions?
  3. As a natural born citizen of the US, with parents also natural born citizens of the US, is the answer No to the question "Have you obtained a Certificate of Naturalization or a Certificate of Citizenship?"
  4. As a follow up to the above item, does item #40 need to be filled out (Begins with "Class of Admission")

 

 

Want to thank payxibka for the help so far!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fennik said:

1) For the I-130A the box is Part 1 5.b and Part 2 4.B , I am assuming these are unfillable too

2) Yes, her first job ever is in America and still her current employer

3) Thanks

 

For 765 I will have to try and read each word more discretely as I am not seeing that as an option either but I trust you it's there!

 

 

Current Outstanding Questions

 

Form I-130A & I-130

  1. We had to put an extra address in Part  7 to have a complete 5 year history, what is the "Item Number"? Page Number is 1, Part Number is 1, but for item number it starts at 4.a and goes through 5 6 and 7?

You can put Item number 4 or 6 (physical address section) and then provide all info about address.

 

 

11 minutes ago, Fennik said:
  1. Finally, should I write N/A in every single un-used box per the directions? and None in every unused numeric box per the directions?

My idea is putting N/A in the first box of a section and leaving subsections blank. Similar for each section.

 

 

11 minutes ago, Fennik said:
  1. As a natural born citizen of the US, with parents also natural born citizens of the US, is the answer No to the question "Have you obtained a Certificate of Naturalization or a Certificate of Citizenship?"

No need to overthink, have you obtained or not. You haven’t, so “NO” is the correct answer.

 

11 minutes ago, Fennik said:
  1. As a follow up to the above item, does item #40 need to be filled out (Begins with "Class of Admission")

Your answer is on the form itself, the line above #40. 

 

 


Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

.

.

.

.

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fennik said:

Form I-765

  1. Reading through the directions I couldn't find the category the Spouse of US Citizen category? I found a handful of spousal categories but most are student or employment related. Any tips on which section my wife would fall under?

For Part 2 #27 it's (c)(9)( )

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/information-employers-employees/employer-information/employment-authorization

 

I-131 is also recommended; and it's also free: https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-485instr.pdf Page 16 "If you properly file Form I-485 and pay the required fees, you may file Form I-765 and Form I-131 without paying additional fees. You may file these forms together, or if you choose to file Form I-765 or Form I-131 separately, you must also submit a copy of your I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence that you filed and paid for Form I-485."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...